Worst SNPbad story yet

Fide

It's not an isolated case, far from it. The SNP appear to have taken on board a lot of roasters and it might be a while before they are whittled out, saying that, I was speaking to a mate in the SSP and they have the same problem and I suspect the Greens will have as well.

The 'McGlashan' wing was purged back in the 80's, so the party will do it again without difficulty imo.

You need to be careful with this. These roasters you refer to are dragging the SNP from a minor party to the biggest thing that's happened in Scottish politics since kier hardie. And will lead to independence. Granted there is always a few screwballs that should be thrown out but the old guard (Inc myself member for 15 yrs)will need to adapt

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A pretty constant percentage of people are arse holes. Let's say it's 10% for argument's sake. The same rule applies to everyone, in every country, in every profession, in every walk of life pretty much.

If the SNP have 100,000 members than means that 10,000 of them, give or take are going to be grade 1 dick heads because, well 10% of everyone on the planet is a dickhead. By the same token, if SLAB have 10,000 member, round about 1,000 of them will be unadulterated w**k stains.

Also, if the SBFs have 8 members, 0.8 of them will be an absolute fucknugget.

Now, I know this is tough to accept for a lot of folk but, even though 10,000 is quite a bit bigger than 1,000 absolutely. Proportionately it's the same.

Let's be fucking clear about this, anyone who thinks their gang has more or less total bell-ends in it just because it's their gang is a fucking moron. Can we not just label them as one and ignore their barely comprehensible grunts of seething idiocy from now on?

You need to be careful with this. These roasters you refer to are dragging the SNP from a minor party to the biggest thing that's happened in Scottish politics since kier hardie. And will lead to independence. Granted there is always a few screwballs that should be thrown out but the old guard (Inc myself member for 15 yrs)will need to adapt

Oh I agree that we all needed to adapt, and most of us including myself have done it - the cozy wee campaign team is long gone.

I am going to leave it at that. Monklands looks a mess.

John Lambies Doos, on 12 Feb 2016 - 14:20, said:

No. These screwballs need to be punted. If these roasters are what's needed then quite frankly the SNP can go f**k.

Thankfully they're not though.

A pretty constant percentage of people are arse holes. Let's say it's 10% for argument's sake. The same rule applies to everyone, in every country, in every profession, in every walk of life pretty much.

If the SNP have 100,000 members than means that 10,000 of them, give or take are going to be grade 1 dick heads because, well 10% of everyone on the planet is a dickhead. By the same token, if SLAB have 10,000 member, round about 1,000 of them will be unadulterated w**k stains.

Also, if the SBFs have 8 members, 0.8 of them will be an absolute fucknugget.

Now, I know this is tough to accept for a lot of folk but, even though 10,000 is quite a bit bigger than 1,000 absolutely. Proportionately it's the same.

Let's be fucking clear about this, anyone who thinks their gang has more or less total bell-ends in it just because it's their gang is a fucking moron. Can we not just label them as one and ignore their barely comprehensible grunts of seething idiocy from now on?

10%? I'd have said closer to... 55..?

If the SNP have 100,000 members than means that 10,000 of them, give or take are going to be grade 1 dick heads

One branch I know of, account for a large chunk of that 10000. I will go further and say that they are grade 1 cuntspunkers. That is all I will say

Both branches I have been a member of have been pleasant experiences.

It's not an isolated case, far from it. The SNP appear to have taken on board a lot of roasters and it might be a while before they are whittled out, saying that, I was speaking to a mate in the SSP and they have the same problem and I suspect the Greens will have as well.

The 'McGlashan' wing was purged back in the 80's, so the party will do it again without difficulty imo.

It would be lovely to think that, but if by the McGlashan wing you mean Siol nan Gaidheal & their umpteen alias, the prohibition of membership has long been ignored north of Stirling since the days of Salmond's leadership (ironically, Wee Eck is married literally to a McGlashan) .

A lot of this was down to pragmatics (discouraging the setting up of rival nationalist parties & needing every foot soldier available when against the Tories and Labour who could pay for help to be bussed up from down south if needed). Ultimately as these people were nationalists, it was the right move to make, giving them the opportunity to settle down & work on the long term goals - especially when one former expelled member from the 79 Group ended up the greatest Scottish First Minister we ever had.

To be fair to the SnG, they largely mellowed down & ceased acting like Brigadoon characters in a Dan Brown potboiler, & have all but ceased to exist now in practice save for turning up as a colour party at Bannockburn and Elderslie.

With respect, many of these "roasters" are little more than "March violets" - jumping on a bandwagon they never bothered their arse to push or pay for the petrol until it was inevitable it was about to cross the winning line.

Those with eyes to see deduced that Labour was slowly falling apart: the union bankroll was growing bankrupt, the internet subverted having the corrupt Scottish media in their back pockets, & an entire generation was growing up with a burning hatred of the Labour Party having watched one or both parents been thrown on the scrapheap at early ages, in some cases after taking out student loans for courses that lead to no jobs because the Education, Education, Education was not complimenting investment for the corresponding Jobs, Jobs, Jobs.

The fact is that the SNP's 'overnight' success has been the result of very careful work since 1990 to build up the party from scratch root and branch and have the same sort of local strength in depth that the Tories enjoy in England. They have suffered many, many set-backs, but by sensibly playing the long term game - same as Ian Paisley's Democratic Unionists did in Northern Ireland - they were perfectly placed to decisively oust their opponents in one go, rather than piecemeal which might have alerted Labour and the Tories into a less complacent attitude that the SNP would never be anything more than a protest vote party.

But British politics is riddled with parties who got "too much, too quickly" & couldn't keep up with the influx of new members with their own ideas (to say nothing of entrists with more sinister agendas of hijacking it into an enlarged version of their own ideosyncratic cult). Added to them are the careerists whose main interest is their own pockets, making for bad headlines waiting to happen - and the SNP have already had far too many of them in less than 12 months since exterminating the parliamentary Labour Party in Scotland.

There lies the danger - what's to say these newcomers will be quick to jump ship elsewhere the minute matters get tough, perhaps back to rival parties with priceless information on branch sizes, local supporters and voter strengths, etc?

It would be lovely to think that, but if by the McGlashan wing you mean Siol nan Gaidheal & their umpteen alias, the prohibition of membership has long been ignored north of Stirling since the days of Salmond's leadership (ironically, Wee Eck is married literally to a McGlashan) .

A lot of this was down to pragmatics (discouraging the setting up of rival nationalist parties & needing every foot soldier available when against the Tories and Labour who could pay for help to be bussed up from down south if needed). Ultimately as these people were nationalists, it was the right move to make, giving them the opportunity to settle down & work on the long term goals - especially when one former expelled member from the 79 Group ended up the greatest Scottish First Minister we ever had.

To be fair to the SnG, they largely mellowed down & ceased acting like Brigadoon characters in a Dan Brown potboiler, & have all but ceased to exist now in practice save for turning up as a colour party at Bannockburn and Elderslie.

With respect, many of these "roasters" are little more than "March violets" - jumping on a bandwagon they never bothered their arse to push or pay for the petrol until it was inevitable it was about to cross the winning line.

Those with eyes to see deduced that Labour was slowly falling apart: the union bankroll was growing bankrupt, the internet subverted having the corrupt Scottish media in their back pockets, & an entire generation was growing up with a burning hatred of the Labour Party having watched one or both parents been thrown on the scrapheap at early ages, in some cases after taking out student loans for courses that lead to no jobs because the Education, Education, Education was not complimenting investment for the corresponding Jobs, Jobs, Jobs.

The fact is that the SNP's 'overnight' success has been the result of very careful work since 1990 to build up the party from scratch root and branch and have the same sort of local strength in depth that the Tories enjoy in England. They have suffered many, many set-backs, but by sensibly playing the long term game - same as Ian Paisley's Democratic Unionists did in Northern Ireland - they were perfectly placed to decisively oust their opponents in one go, rather than piecemeal which might have alerted Labour and the Tories into a less complacent attitude that the SNP would never be anything more than a protest vote party.

But British politics is riddled with parties who got "too much, too quickly" & couldn't keep up with the influx of new members with their own ideas (to say nothing of entrists with more sinister agendas of hijacking it into an enlarged version of their own ideosyncratic cult). Added to them are the careerists whose main interest is their own pockets, making for bad headlines waiting to happen - and the SNP have already had far too many of them in less than 12 months since exterminating the parliamentary Labour Party in Scotland.

There lies the danger - what's to say these newcomers will be quick to jump ship elsewhere the minute matters get tough, perhaps back to rival parties with priceless information on branch sizes, local supporters and voter strengths, etc?

Excellent post by the way.

My mate in the SSP said he got an education on campaigning during the referendum when he saw the SNP machine up close. Christ, I can even remember Colin Fox joking bout 'you have computers!' at a lead volunteer meeting at the start of it all!

I'm actully scared of two things just now with the party, one being that there's signs that we are turning into New McLabour and that we seem to be growing a batch of 'career members', you know the type, private school to uni to study politics, then to work in a parliamentary office, then onto SPAD before getting the nod for a safe seat. I used to despise the new labour moronic robots, all there at the counts, standing about with suits on, all waiting to climb the gravy train, then suddenly I looked about the other day and realised that the party was full of them. Zero life experience but plenty for navigating the fishbowl of Scottish politics.

Sharks with a rosette, they would sell their granny for glue.

I'm not worried about the newbies jumping ship, most don't get anywhere near a position of power to find out info or do any damage.

Its inevitable with such an overwhelming victory that the SNP will get a fair share of careerists, nutjobs etc.Now im biased but the SNPBAAD stuff does have an opposite in the belief that all opposition are bad and no criticism of the SNP will ever be tolerated unless your a "traitor" etc etc.Absolutely true that the door is open to become complacent idiots every bit as drunk on power as happened to Labour.

My mate in the SSP said he got an education on campaigning during the referendum when he saw the SNP machine up close. Christ, I can even remember Colin Fox joking bout 'you have computers!' at a lead volunteer meeting at the start of it all!

I'm actully scared of two things just now with the party, one being that there's signs that we are turning into New McLabour and that we seem to be growing a batch of 'career members', you know the type, private school to uni to study politics, then to work in a parliamentary office, then onto SPAD before getting the nod for a safe seat. I used to despise the new labour moronic robots, all there at the counts, standing about with suits on, all waiting to climb the gravy train, then suddenly I looked about the other day and realised that the party was full of them. Zero life experience but plenty for navigating the fishbowl of Scottish politics.

Sharks with a rosette, they would sell their granny for glue.

I'm not worried about the newbies jumping ship, most don't get anywhere near a position of power to find out info or do any damage.

You missed out the broon troosers.

Archived