Riordan hits new low

If he's that wealthy, desperate to play and has been working so hard to get fit, the solution is obvious. Put the word out to Berwick, Clyde type clubs that he'll play for petrol money. 99% of Scottish kids who have wanted to play football professionally would relish that kind of opportunity. If he did that for a year or so without incident and scored a load of goals, he wouldn't be too old to get a decent gig.

I suspect he either still doesn't want to put the work in, doesn't have enough money to do that or both.

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who would I be seething? Who have you seen hit over 100 goals for your club all in the top league and many many peaches?

John Brogan for one m8. However, I see you've now changed your original post so it's all about the top league. Your all over the place. Try not sobbing and posting at the same time.

If he's that wealthy, desperate to play and has been working so hard to get fit, the solution is obvious. Put the word out to Berwick, Clyde type clubs that he'll play for petrol money. 99% of Scottish kids who have wanted to play football professionally would relish that kind of opportunity. If he did that for a year or so without incident and scored a load of goals, he wouldn't be too old to get a decent gig.

I suspect he either still doesn't want to put the work in, doesn't have enough money to do that or both.

Goals speak louder than words and if he were to start banging them in for East Stirling he'd quickly get a better opportunity.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Record got together with Riordan to offer him a bit of wedge to create the LinkedIn profile coupled with a few soundbites about conspiracy and self delusion. Makes both parties happy and a total non event imo.

What is the story with Riordan?

Is he really finished at 32 (well, nearly 33)?

The guy has done next to nothing since 2011. It's a strange tale. I mean, it's obvious what happened to the other Hibbee waster, Garry O'Connor; He became a pie addict.

What's Deek's back story? He was managing to play for East Fife last season. What went wrong there?

Also, according to Wiki he hasn't scored 100 goals for Hibs. Was Bambino slevering or is Wiki wrong?

Every single supporter of every club that's posted on this thread has never had a player up top that's scored 100 goals for the club they support, watching that natural ability from start to finish and natural ability. I can see where the jealousy may come from.

Kris Boyd.

Is he really finished at 32?

The guy has done next to nothing since 2011. It's a strange tale. I mean, it's obvious what happened to the other Hibbee waster, Garry O'Connor; He became a pie addict.

What's Deek's back story? He was managing to play for East Fife last season. What went wrong there?

Do what the rest of us had to do and slog yer way through the thread, lazy barsteward.

Helpful hint: ignore all the posts made by "bambino". He's quite deranged.

Is he really finished at 32 (well, nearly 33)?

Also, according to Wiki he hasn't scored 100 goals for Hibs. Was Bambino slevering or is Wiki wrong?

He's scored 104 goals for hibs. It's 90 league goals by the looks of the table showing.

He's still a slavering lunatic mind you

Kris Boyd.

Not quite 100 goals but has certainly had a better (and more profitable) career than Riordan.

Boyd wasn't a shrinking violet when he was younger either but obviously grew up at some stage - something Riordan has failed to do clearly.

Not quite 100 goals but has certainly had a better (and more profitable) career than Riordan.

Boyd wasn't a shrinking violet when he was younger either but obviously grew up at some stage - something Riordan has failed to do clearly.

The ever unreliable Wiki reckons he's scored 94 for the Blues and 138 for the ****, so he'd qualify, more or less, for both clubs. A far more limited player than a young Riordan was, but a far more successful career in fitba.

He's scored 104 goals for hibs. It's 90 league goals by the looks of the table showing.

He's still a slavering lunatic mind you

Over a hundred goals for one club is impressive but there is something wrong there. Most goalscorers don't get that amount of time with one club to tally up that amount of goals especially with the ugly sisters and the English Championship clubs patrolling about looking to pick up a quality player for next to nothing.

A game to goals scored ratio would be far more impressive and I'm quite sure we at Inverness have had more prolific goalscorers than Riordan was for Hibs.

Gordon Dalziel won 4 trophies (3with raith) and played a major part in them. Wee deek won 3 with Celtic and just played bit parts in them. Won nothing with hibs I'm afraid just scored some goals against killie and Gretna every few weeks, give it up u were just a bairn when he played for you, time to let it go.

Over a hundred goals for one club is impressive but there is something wrong there. Most goalscorers don't get that amount of time with one club to tally up that amount of goals especially with the ugly sisters and the English Championship clubs patrolling about looking to pick up a quality player for next to nothing.

A game to goals scored ratio would be far more impressive and I'm quite sure we at Inverness have had more prolific goalscorers than Riordan was for Hibs.

Rooney, wyness (first time) and mckay spring to mind for a good goals to game ratio. Niculae may be up there as well (1 in 3 I think)

Oh and I was referring to happy Hibbee as a slavering idiot.

If Riordan screwed the nut he'd get a club no bother but he doesn't seem to have changed.

A bit off topic but..

It would be interesting to see outside Celtic and Rangers since the formation of the SPL and then the Premiership who are the top performers, games to goals.

Riordan assumed would be one of them but not top 5. Hibs have had a few, Griffiths and Stokes spring to mind both are a goal every two games. Motherwell would feature strongly John Sutton, Michael Higdon and Scott McDonald. Higdon was over a goal every two games. Louis Moult is on exactly one goal every two. Rooney at Aberdeen has been banging them in well above one goal every two. I think with Inverness he was just below one every two in the SPL and McKay for us is just under one every two games and scoring goals for Dundee Utd well under the goal every three games ratio.

Arild Stavrum (Aberdeen), Jon Daly (Dundee Utd), Nadir Çiftçi (Dundee Utd), Nacho Novo (Dundee), Greg Stewart (Dundee), Colin Nish (Kilmarnock), Kris Boyd (Kilmarnock), James Grady (Partick Th), Stevie May (St. Johnstone), Anthony Andreu (Hamilton Accies), Liam Boyce (Ross County) all prolific during their time with these clubs and probably under the 3 game 1 goal ratio allowing for errors and I don't have the time to go through them all.

Gordon Dalziel won 4 trophies (3with raith) and played a major part in them. Wee deek won 3 with Celtic and just played bit parts in them. Won nothing with hibs I'm afraid just scored some goals against killie and Gretna every few weeks, give it up u were just a bairn when he played for you, time to let it go.

Well said Gogs.

Archived