Podcasts

Ludo*1

Athletico Mince is my favourite podcast. The South Africa stories make me cry laughing on the train. Fuckin' gang bangers.....you gotta love them!

I've just started listening to Simon Ferry's Open Goal, it seems good enough. I like football insight from players, he tries to focus on the funny stories.

I also like Graham Hunter's Big Interview though I like listening to the older players interviews; Gianluca Vialli's interview was excellent as was Joe Jordan but the Steve Archibald interviews were the best by a long shot. Where as I got a bit bored of the recent Ledley King and Jermaine Defoe ones.

I also enjoy the Snooker Scene podcast; but if you're not a hardened snooker fan it's not for you.

Athletico Mince is my favourite podcast. The South Africa stories make me cry laughing on the train. Fuckin' gang bangers.....you gotta love them!
I've just started listening to Simon Ferry's Open Goal, it seems good enough. I like football insight from players, he tries to focus on the funny stories.
I also like Graham Hunter's Big Interview though I like listening to the older players interviews; Gianluca Vialli's interview was excellent as was Joe Jordan but the Steve Archibald interviews were the best by a long shot. Where as I got a bit bored of the recent Ledley King and Jermaine Defoe ones.
I also enjoy the Snooker Scene podcast; but if you're not a hardened snooker fan it's not for you.

I’ve only watched one Simon ferry interview but quite enjoyed it.
The graham hunter podcasts started to do my tits in. I find him very sycophantic. They’ve agreed to the interview, just relax and chat man!

1 hour ago, NJ2 said:

I’ve only watched one Simon ferry interview but quite enjoyed it.
The graham hunter podcasts started to do my tits in. I find him very sycophantic. They’ve agreed to the interview, just relax and chat man!

I agree with Graham Hunter being very sycophantic, regularly to the point of cringeworthy. If you get by him being a bit of a tit he asks good provoking questions. 

On 05/04/2018 at 10:01, swiftyswifty swifty said:

Loving Peter Beardsley's joke book from Athletico Mince. 

I saw a monkey in the jungle carrying a can-opener.

I said to the monkey you don't need a can-opener for a banana.

It's for the fucking custard he replied. 

I was listening to Athletico Mince on the train home from work in Edinburgh and couldn't stop myself bursting out laughing at the Peter Beardsley bit. This had the effect of the person sitting beside me moving seats as soon as two seats became available just to get away from the laughing weirdo. Result.

Andy has a new football podcast and the first two have been decent - Top Flight Time Machine. Him and Sam Delaney are going through each Premier League season, looking at the football but also music and other stuff that was going on.

Worth a listen.

Drove 1,200 miles over the last couple of days, more or less binging on the Stuff You Should Know podcast throughout. Fantastic stuff, really informative, and I suddenly feel a bit of a genius on topics I had no clue about previously. Mary Celeste double-bill perhaps my favourite.

On 4/11/2018 at 12:10, Crroma said:
On 4/10/2018 at 19:17, L. Brilliant said:
Adam Buxton's outed himself as an absolute vl on his latest

Adam Buxton is a national treasure!

On 4/11/2018 at 17:55, L. Brilliant said:

I do like him

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

His latest one with Fenton Bailey (his producer from The Adam & Joe Show) is good. Plenty of good stories about his work in America but also early Adam and Joe days including..

Spoiler

He (Bailey) was trying to put together a trial episode of Takeover TV and wasn't getting much inspiration from the clips at his disposal that his researcher had sifted though so looked through the "reject" pile and found Adam Buxton. Buxton clearly a bit taken aback as this story of how he was almost never discovered was new to him. 

19 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

His latest one is to clarify that Armand Van Helden is in fact a hetrosexual man. 

... from North America, thereby questioning the Eastern European accent. Brilliant.

17 minutes ago, MSU said:

... from North America, thereby questioning the Eastern European accent. Brilliant.

Richard Herring's latest one was really funny (IMO anyway). Peter Baynham (comedy writer). They lived together when they were young and had a really good chemistry. 

6 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Richard Herring's latest one was really funny (IMO anyway). Peter Baynham (comedy writer). They lived together when they were young and had a really good chemistry. 

The Herring and Buxton podcasts are typically funny regardless of the guest because they're such great hosts. What I loved about the Baynham interview was hearing what really happened for him to say that he was "delighted" to hear that Herring's gran had passed away. It's different to the version that appears in Stewart Lee's book where I'm sure it's Richard Herring who's given the quote.

Edited by MSU

Currently listening to the Who Are Ya? podcast, where the presenters visit a club for a day to find out about them (though heavily weighted to English fitba), and the excellent Ear Hustle from inmates in San Quentin jail.

I'm listening to the twin peaks unwrapped podcast because my usual ones are all played. You can safely give it miss, folks
If the first 2 episodes are anything to go by you can skip the show too. Pretentious garbage.