Podcasts

Ludo*1

8 hours ago, Dele said:

Got android, what's best for downloading podcasts? 

It's for using offline whilst out running so would prefer house type music. 

Ideas welcome, Podbean is shit! 

I've been using Podkicker for years. It does the basics well and doesn't fell the need to change the app completely every few months for the sake of it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ait.podka&hl=en_GB

3 hours ago, Saigon Raider said:

Been listening to Off Menu with James Acaster and Ed Gamble. Guests talk through their perfect menu at a dream restaurant.

Been going back and listening to loads of them - Jay Raynor, Grace Dent, Greg Davies, Mike Skinner.

They are pretty good - usually end up craving something I've no hope of getting hold of. 

18 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Rumble with Michael Moore is a decent enough listen, if you take it with a pinch of salt. He’s got an excellent interview with Robert De Niro up alongside some other stuff.

Second shout for this enjoining his podcasts. 

• 4 weeks later...

Shouts to the Jordan Harbinger and Mindpump podcasts.

Harbinger's interviews have been surprisingly good, especially the ones with the infamous Frank Abagnale Jr. or ex-KGB sleeper spy Jack Barsky. I'd recommend starting there.

Mindpump is great for fitness knowledge. Their emphasis on weight lifting and tips has brought my strength fitness on leaps and bounds. The downside is they are almost daily, but you can usually just skip to the Q & A for the relevant stuff.

Don't know if the Adam Buxton and Billy Connolly podcast from December has been mentioned but it's well worth a listen. Good to hear him still sounding sharp as a tack although I'm guessing it was recorded last summer as Buxton mentions it was the day after the hottest day of the year. I should've been a detective me. 

Pocket Casts. Works for me. 
The app works great but I don't trust them since they removed some features of the (previously paid) app without warning and put those features back in to their "new" paid tier a few months later.
Lost my played/unplayed list of hundreds of episoses (First world problems).

On 14/12/2019 at 18:19, Shandon Par said:

Billy Connolly on Adam Buxton.

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Don't know if the Adam Buxton and Billy Connolly podcast from December has been mentioned but it's well worth a listen. Good to hear him still sounding sharp as a tack although I'm guessing it was recorded last summer as Buxton mentions it was the day after the hottest day of the year. I should've been a detective me. 

Cheers Dee Man. Will check it out.

2 hours ago, charger29 said:

The app works great but I don't trust them since they removed some features of the (previously paid) app without warning and put those features back in to their "new" paid tier a few months later.
Lost my played/unplayed list of hundreds of episoses (First world problems).

This is all news to me. When did this happen?

I haven't noticed any difference.

Edited by oldbitterandgrumpy

3 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

This is what happens when you can't be arsed checking back. Lazy b*****d that I am. 

I got Billy Connolly's new book after listening. It hasn't been opened yet but it's about 4th in line in my pile of books. 

Pretty tragic stuff about Gerry Rafferty in that episode.