Podcasts

Ludo*1

9 hours ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

I've had Athletico Mince recommended by people I though were sensible. It's for the sort of people who drink in Wetherspoons and like James Corden. Mortimer's accent makes me want to commit genocide.

Same for me. I recently gave it a whirl at the prompting of many people whose opinions I generally respect.

It is maybe the worst thing I've ever listened to. Absolute shite.

10 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

The Athletico Mince comedy is extremely puerile, which is the sort of thing usually enjoyed by easily pleased simpletons. The sort of people who enjoy 'A league of their own' and watch 'Jeff and the boys' every Saturday afternoon in Wetherspoons.

hey arnold nicksplat GIF

• 4 weeks later...

I enjoy the Casefile True Crime podcast, seemingly as do a lot of other people as it is consistently at the top of the Spotify podcast charts, but the last two have started with the chilling "This episode contains violence against children" warning which means I've not heard a new episode since September 7th.

You would think they would keep the number of episodes involving child violence to a minimum as surely the majority of people would give them a swerve? Surely?

I don't think I've ever got to the end of an episode of Casefile. It's my go to when I'm in my bed. No idea why but the boys voice in it just helps me get to sleep. He could be talking about murdering prostitutes and beheading animals and all it does for me is get me closer to sleep. Brilliant. 

I don't think I've ever got to the end of an episode of Casefile. It's my go to when I'm in my bed. No idea why but the boys voice in it just helps me get to sleep. He could be talking about murdering prostitutes and beheading animals and all it does for me is get me closer to sleep. Brilliant. 

Sword and scale boy for me...”this episode of sword and scale...” sleeping. Good podcast when I’ve made it through as well.

Of all the true crime stuff, anything on the Long Island serial killer(s) gets me hooked. Seems incredible nobody has been arrested, especially as one of the victims rang police  after fleeing this guy’s house screaming “they’re trying to kill me” before ending up dead by the side of the road like all the others. Then the boy from the house started calling the victim’s sister from her phone, taunting her about the death. If it was a Hollywood film about murderous bent police and dodgy doctors you’d think it was too far fetched. 

Revisionist History has four series now. It’s not about history at all. The host/creator, Malcolm Gladwell, finds usually quite obscure subjects, runs with them for 15 minutes or so until you think “okay, this is quite interesting but where are you going with it?” then blam!, he shows that what you’ve really been listening to is some deep metaphor for some aspect of the human condition. I never get used to the fact it’s free to download, such is the quality. 

If you’re not familiar with him and want something interesting but still accessible and good fun you should give it a go.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Saigon Raider said:

Adam Buxton is back, which is great news. First one is with Phillip Pullman and is really enjoyable - especially his rants about C.S. Lewis.

Yeah, pleasant surprise to see this land this morning.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I've never heard him out of character. What's he like? 

Unbelievably nice. Really funny and has lots interesting stuff to say about the state of the world. And about being in FBI headquarters and them having Nerf gun battles.

Edited by Shandon Par

16 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Unbelievably nice. Really funny and has lots interesting stuff to say about the state of the world. And about being in FBI headquarters and them having Nerf gun battles.

As soon as I asked you, I Googled him and watched this video of him getting interviewed by Jon Snow on Ch4 news from the other week. Interesting stuff about the FBI relating to his new film coming out. 

I'll listen to the Buxton podcast at work tomorrow. Thank you. 

Edited by Dee Man

Recently started listening to "Behind the b*****ds". As you would gather from the title, it profiles some of the most evil and notorious people in history, and some I hadn't heard of. Some pretty interesting stuff. The Jeffrey Epstein one was particularly good 

1 hour ago, EH75 said:

Recently started listening to "Behind the b*****ds". As you would gather from the title, it profiles some of the most evil and notorious people in history, and some I hadn't heard of. Some pretty interesting stuff. The Jeffrey Epstein one was particularly good 

The Steven Seagal on is hilarious.  

But he's also a massive piece of shit.