Podcasts

Ludo*1

Might have already been mentioned but BBC Sounds have a podcast (in 13 episodes).....shreds: Murder In The Dock, about the murder of a young sex worker in 1988 in Cardiff’s Tiger Bay, the lives that were destroyed and the lengths that police went to in order to try and cover up their botched, and ultimately, illegal behaviour.
A tough listen in places and made me fùcking angry too, but very interesting , also the history of old Cardiff and Butetown, before the Bay development took off.

For fans of the Elis James and John Robins podcast that was on xfm/radio x, as of Friday 31st they’ve a show 1-3 on 5 live. And if you’re not a fan I’d ask are you a laugh?

11 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

For fans of the Elis James and John Robins podcast that was on xfm/radio x, as of Friday 31st they’ve a show 1-3 on 5 live. And if you’re not a fan I’d ask are you a laugh?

Heard that being talked about on Kermode and Mayo last week and wondered how the fek they were going to fit into 5 Live. Sounds a good plan though and they're meant to be like an introduction to the weekend. A bit of sport, entertainment, comedy. Should make a decent podcast. 

26 minutes ago, MSU said:

So what's happening with Kermode and Mayo then?

Starting at 3pm instead of 2pm - not getting bumped (yet). They are off this week so it's Edith and Clarisse sitting in for the first show in the new time slot. 

35 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Starting at 3pm instead of 2pm - not getting bumped (yet). They are off this week so it's Edith and Clarisse sitting in for the first show in the new time slot. 

Interesting. Is it getting cut back to an hour (which I think would help them focus) or are they running to 5pm? Doesn't Drive typically starts at 4pm, yes?

Just now, MSU said:

Interesting. Is it getting cut back to an hour (which I think would help them focus) or are they running to 5pm? Doesn't Drive typically starts at 4pm, yes?

Sorry - I should have said it's 3-5. I never listen live anyway as I'm not a mad fan of traffic reports and cricket updates. Ellis & John then Kermode and Mayo should be a decent afternoon (or morning in your case) of listening. 

That's the football season finished so I'm about 4 podcasts down on my usual rotation. Would appreciate some suggestions, maybe something to do with conspiracy theories that's not the Irish goons that are somehow getting promoted on both iTunes and Spotify. Bonus points if you point me towards one that rips the pish out of conspiracy theories. Cheers.

That's the football season finished so I'm about 4 podcasts down on my usual rotation. Would appreciate some suggestions, maybe something to do with conspiracy theories that's not the Irish goons that are somehow getting promoted on both iTunes and Spotify. Bonus points if you point me towards one that rips the pish out of conspiracy theories. Cheers.

May contain nuts. Came across this podcast end of last, first series is basically just 5 or 6 episodes where the pish is taken - they do discuss the theories as well though tbf.

14 hours ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

https://skeptoid.com/

https://www.theskepticsguide.org/

https://pseudoastro.wordpress.com/

https://www.skeptic.com/podcasts/monstertalk/

Edited by NorthernLights

On 04/06/2019 at 11:11, NJ2 said:

May contain nuts. Came across this podcast end of last, first series is basically just 5 or 6 episodes where the pish is taken - they do discuss the theories as well though tbf.

Onto a winner with that one, exactly what I was after. Cheers

Onto a winner with that one, exactly what I was after. Cheers

Glad you’re enjoying it, I’ve really enjoyed them. Ended up listening to them more than once even though I’ve new pods I could listen to.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2019 at 12:55, Shandon Par said:

The most recent Adam Buxton is peak Buxton IMO. John Grant makes for a terrific guest. His plane rant raises a chuckle. 

Bob Mortimer & Paul Whitehouse on Buxton this week. Utterly joyful stuff.

I’ve got about ten separate podcasts of Danny Baker’s Saturday morning show from 5Live downloaded on my phone. I usually listen to them at some point when I’m walking the dog. 

But when I tried to play one of them recently , nothing happened. It wouldn’t play. None of them would. But I was still able to play other stuff I’d downloaded , including other podcasts from 5Live.

Have the BBC decided that all of their Danny Baker shows have to be expunged from their records? ...... even though they pre-date his supposedly offensive tweet about the Royal baby.

Fvkkin pathetic from them , if they have.

24 minutes ago, A96 said:

I’ve got about ten separate podcasts of Danny Baker’s Saturday morning show from 5Live downloaded on my phone. I usually listen to them at some point when I’m walking the dog. 

But when I tried to play one of them recently , nothing happened. It wouldn’t play. None of them would. But I was still able to play other stuff I’d downloaded , including other podcasts from 5Live.

Have the BBC decided that all of their Danny Baker shows have to be expunged from their records? ...... even though they pre-date his supposedly offensive tweet about the Royal baby.

Fvkkin pathetic from them , if they have.

I don't think it's to do with the BBC. I think it's to do with the production company. Even when his show was active, only the last episode was available, unlike the other BBC podcasts that let you download months and months worth of episodes.

On 29/05/2019 at 15:31, MSU said:

God I hope so. It's been shite ever since it went to two hours. Used to be my favourite Podcast as well.