Podcasts

Ludo*1

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

RIP to James English. :lol:

Not sure what's worse tweeting in full caps lock or filming in portrait :lol:

Also lumping in being Gay with being a grass and nonce is unbelievable are they boys from the 70's.

Also hat wear 1/10

45 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

What is the appeal of English? Is it just about having one of are own Rogans?

I’ve watched a few (my friend was the guest!) and the appeal is maybe...

True crime is a big podcast subject and on his shows the stories are straight from the horse’s/gangster’s mouth. The guests are not folk accustomed to podcasts (so many guests turn up on the same round of shows when promoting books etc and sound jaded) so they are enthusiastic and rabbit on. Maybe a similar style to Si Ferry? Not one that really appeals to me but there’s clearly a market for it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/10/2020 at 15:02, Mark Connolly said:

Getting really fed up with Fighting Talk. It was always pretty much Colin Murray and his mates talking about themselves, but the guests now are just boring as f**k. The Welsh Elvis impersonator who was on again this week might be the most tedious man in history.

No Colin Murray this week, as he even he would prefer to be elsewhere. Some Blackburn fan and apparent comedian called Tez Ilyas made it borderline unlistenable by constantly shouting Thank God for Dougie Anderson.

8 hours ago, The German Fitbaw Podcast said:

Hi guys,

We have recently started a podcast looking at German football from a Scottish perspective, and released our 15th episode last week. This week we have commentator Derek Rae joining us for a special guest episode - 

It would be great if you could keep an eye out for the episode coming out on Thursday, and any follows on Twitter and Instagram @germanfitbawpod or likes on Facebook would be appreciated. We're really looking forward to recording this and hopefully you'll have a listen.

I'll be interested in this, will give it a go.  When you say German football does that mean you'll cover outside the top flight as well? ☠️

40 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

My subscriptions:

Hide contents

I sub to my own simply so I get a notification when it's live :lol:

Screenshot_20210118-220833.png

Q Clearance is a good listen. Would also recommend QAnon Anonymous. Their episode following the storming of the Capitol was pretty much essential listening.

4 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I've found Adam Buxton's latest run really enjoyable, with his Nile Rodgers episode probably the best of them (McCartney was also a great listen). I only started listening a year or so ago, so I've now gone back to the start and am working my way through the old ones.

I honestly don't think Adam Buxton has put out a bad podcast. Even if the guest isn't too interesting he always seems to get the most out of the interview. His yearly Christmas pods with Joe are one of my highlights of festive entertainment.

Q Clearance is a good listen. Would also recommend QAnon Anonymous. Their episode following the storming of the Capitol was pretty much essential listening.

Yea, QAA is a good listen. They put the effort in as well with the shoe leather reporting.

11 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I've found Adam Buxton's latest run really enjoyable, with his Nile Rodgers episode probably the best of them (McCartney was also a great listen). I only started listening a year or so ago, so I've now gone back to the start and am working my way through the old ones.

There are so many good ones. Billy Connolly was a good guest. Adam didn’t really know much about him and there’s a real joy to be had from hearing the genuine delight from Adam discovering how funny Billy is. 

There are so many good ones. Billy Connolly was a good guest. Adam didn’t really know much about him and there’s a real joy to be had from hearing the genuine delight from Adam discovering how funny Billy is. 

I really enjoyed the Robbie Williams one - AB was obviously worried he had slagged him off in the 90s but they got on really well.

Agree with the poster earlier who said he hasn't really done a bad one. The Christmas special is always a highlight.

I listened to Ramble Book the other week and it was also excellent.

Not sure if Tim Ferriss has been mentioned already in this thread. I usually listen to his stuff when it relates to start up businesses, people management or high performance. For background, he's a multi-millionaire, successful start-up founder and investor, and does a lot of sports etc. A bit of what Americans call a jock. Mid forties with bundles of cash and no serious relationship or kids. That kinda person.

The episode linked below blew my mind for a few different reasons. Spoilers incoming... basically he reveals on this episode that he suffered childhood sexual abuse, and that when he first mentioned this a few episodes earlier about a third of his male friends got in touch to say they had experienced the same. The episode is interviewing some eminent psychologist I've never heard of before but whose main theory called Internal Family Systems made total sense to me when described on the podcast. Then Tim Ferriss actually undergoes an IFS therapy session live on mic. It's absolutely bonkers. Then they close by discussing how IFS therapy is very similar to what a lot of people experience in psychedelic mental health treatments.

Probably sounds a bit inaccessible from what I've put above but it's not. The whole podcast is aimed at men in their 20s and 30s with no real background in anything that's being discussed. Highly recommended.

https://tim.blog/2021/01/14/richard-schwartz-internal-family-systems/