Podcasts

Ludo*1

I don't know if it's already been posted and a lot of folk can't be bothered with him, but been listening to at home with colin Murray.  A lot of decent guests on it.  Klopp and Steve Davis were really good.  There's a few of them so a lot of listening there. 

Only came across it a few days ago but The Price of Football might be a worthwhile listen for the next few months at least. 1 comedian + 1 football finance expert discussing the money side of the game. Seemed decent based on a few recent episodes I listened to.

1 minute ago, charger29 said:

Only came across it a few days ago but The Price of Football might be a worthwhile listen for the next few months at least. 1 comedian + 1 football finance expert discussing the money side of the game. Seemed decent based on a few recent episodes I listened to.

Is that Kieran McGuire? Some of the information he puts on Twitter is really good. Certainly seems to know what he's talking about. 

Is that Kieran McGuire? Some of the information he puts on Twitter is really good. Certainly seems to know what he's talking about. 
Yeah. The comedian is Kevin Day. No over the top comedy in the podcast from what I've heard. Think they're both friends so it works quite well.

Lower League Ramblings latest with David Cox is worth a listen. It’s not a jump on the #bekind movement but a bit of a note to have a think about what you say to people

I listened to Frankie Boyles Prometheus and really enjoyed it.  Particularly the digs at the government and the Royal Navy rescuing wind surfers. 

Anybody recommend any good comedy pods? 

Latest distraction pieces podcasts (2 parter drunkcast) had me laughing earlier.
Sloss and Humphries on the road, jobs a good’un and two vegan idiots all a pretty extensive back catalogue and funny. Elis James and John Robins and Ed Gamble and Matthew Crosby’s radio shows available as podcast are good.
Not much in the way of stand up routines that I know of though, sorry.

Noticed that podcasts by actors recapping episodes from their old shows that have now finished seems to be the in thing. The West Wing weekly finished up recently and Battlestar Galacticast has been going a little while but in the last month I’ve seen three podcasts start up for The Sopranos (Actors that play Christopher and Bobby Bacala), The US office ( Angela and Pam) and Scrubs (JD and Turk).

Guessing it might be a case of actors not getting as much work as they hoped after the show finished and are hoping to make some money off the nostalgia or maybe they just want to catch up with old friends in the cast.

Not sure it has been mentioned but I’m binge listening the ‘Quickly Kevin’ podcasts. All things 90’s football with guests and hosted by Josh Widdicombe who I’m not a huge fan of but has started to grow on me after listening to these pods.

Well worth a listen and brings back some good memories of watching football and playing Champ Man 97/98.

Rev Richard Coles a really good guest on RHLSTP (out now but recorded in November). He's one of those guests always worth looking out for in podcasts. Poncing ciggies from homeless folk, telling some builders to f**k off or forgetting that he'd bough a speedboat with someone called Billy the Boxer in Ibiza, he has some good tales for those of you who, like me, like a good bit of reminiscing about more debauched days. 

On 11/04/2020 at 00:51, Mon_The_Fife said:

Not sure it has been mentioned but I’m binge listening the ‘Quickly Kevin’ podcasts. All things 90’s football with guests and hosted by Josh Widdicombe who I’m not a huge fan of but has started to grow on me after listening to these pods.

Well worth a listen and brings back some good memories of watching football and playing Champ Man 97/98.

The episodes that go through Steve Bruce's novel are incredibly funny. Not normally a fan of Josh Widdicombe either, but he's great on this.

Started on these a couple of days ago (from the beginning), pretty interesting and also some of the numbers flying about are terrifying!

On 16/04/2020 at 11:15, Shandon Par said:

Rev Richard Coles a really good guest on RHLSTP (out now but recorded in November). He's one of those guests always worth looking out for in podcasts. Poncing ciggies from homeless folk, telling some builders to f**k off or forgetting that he'd bough a speedboat with someone called Billy the Boxer in Ibiza, he has some good tales for those of you who, like me, like a good bit of reminiscing about more debauched days. 

Caught up on this today. Richard Coles, like David Mitchell and Dr Buckles, is one of those guests who could be on for two hours and no one would bat an eyelid.

Started on these a couple of days ago (from the beginning), pretty interesting and also some of the numbers flying about are terrifying!
Didn't realise it bad been only going for 6 months. Thought you mean you were going to go through hundreds of them.
There does seem to be a decent amount of individual subject focused episodes in late 2019. Agents, FFP, Stadiums, etc. all sound like good 40+min introductions to the subject.