Podcasts

Ludo*1

Know it's not everyone's cup of tea but what started out as an over the top joke on the Open Goal podcast about them playing the Hydro is actually happening. Be interested to see if it sells out or not, fair play to them to be honest.

875350740_ScreenShot2019-12-17at19_43_13.thumb.png.3a4f38a80e4ef3f1b56b6d29e53645d7.png

Edited by Fratelli

2 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

Know it's not everyone's cup of tea but what started out as an over the top joke on the Open Goal podcast about them playing the Hydro is actually happening. Be interested to see if it sells out or not, fair play to them to be honest.

875350740_ScreenShot2019-12-17at19_43_13.thumb.png.3a4f38a80e4ef3f1b56b6d29e53645d7.png

A venue filled with people that think Paul Slane is funny? I’d rather spend an evening in a Chinese Iron Maiden.

Aye but shelling out Hydro rates for an evening of Paul Slane’s ‘patter’ for entertainment?!

Would rather dip my willy in a pool of lava.

1 hour ago, Fratelli said:

Certainly have a massive following. Wouldn't be surprised to see it sell out. I must admit, I actually enjoyed his one to one interview with Gordon Smart.

"Off The Menu" With Ed Gamble and James Acaster is very good. In short, they have a guest who tells them what their perfect three course meal would be. The latest one with Greg Davies has had me in stitches this morning. Especially the story about some bloke not knowing what a parsnip was. I don't particularly like James Acaster on his own, don't find his stand up that funny, but with others he is excellent. 

2 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

"Off The Menu" With Ed Gamble and James Acaster is very good. In short, they have a guest who tells them what their perfect three course meal would be. The latest one with Greg Davies has had me in stitches this morning. Especially the story about some bloke not knowing what a parsnip was. I don't particularly like James Acaster on his own, don't find his stand up that funny, but with others he is excellent. 

I feel the same way about Acaster -- I might have mentioned on this thread already but his book Classic Scrapes is one of the funniest books I've read. I'll check oot the pod, thanks.

12 minutes ago, MSU said:

I feel the same way about Acaster -- I might have mentioned on this thread already but his book Classic Scrapes is one of the funniest books I've read. I'll check oot the pod, thanks.

Didn't realise he had done a book, will try and pick that up. 

The first one they did was with Scroobius Pip, he does a podcast as well which has some really good guests. 

I do a podcast called Trampled Bat.

In order to prevent it descending into football chat constantly one of the guys did an off shoot called Trampled Bet where they talk about predictions for that week. They also go over Scottish players playing outside the UK.

They have an offshoot if that now interviewing players that do or have played abroad. It’s meant to be a bit more serious digging into the decisions & experiences of playing in other countries. The first one came out the other day with Ziggy Gordon. Hopefully it’ll be up some of your audio streets 🙂

Spotify
Apple Podcast
Stitcher

7 minutes ago, GoTeamGaz said:

In order to prevent it descending into football chat constantly one of the guys did an off shoot called Trampled Bet where they talk about predictions for that week. They also go over Scottish players playing outside the UK.

They have an offshoot if that now interviewing players that do or have played abroad. It’s meant to be a bit more serious digging into the decisions & experiences of playing in other countries. The first one came out the other day with Ziggy Gordon. Hopefully it’ll be up some of your audio streets 🙂

Spotify
Apple Podcast
Stitcher

I do a few podcasts myself, one of which with my stepdaughter where she teaches me about Spongebob Squarepants. I’d love to interview some of the people associated with the show but not sure where to start. How do you go about it?

They have an offshoot if that now interviewing players that do or have played abroad. It’s meant to be a bit more serious digging into the decisions & experiences of playing in other countries. The first one came out the other day with Ziggy Gordon. Hopefully it’ll be up some of your audio streets [emoji846]

Spotify
Apple Podcast
Stitcher

I really enjoy trampled bat. Well done on the good work [emoji106][emoji4]

14 hours ago, MSU said:

I do a few podcasts myself, one of which with my stepdaughter where she teaches me about Spongebob Squarepants. I’d love to interview some of the people associated with the show but not sure where to start. How do you go about it?

Are you wooshing me 🤣

9659DD89-3D6B-4044-A8C2-3C25F9E16E85.png

6 hours ago, GoTeamGaz said:

Are you wooshing me 🤣

9659DD89-3D6B-4044-A8C2-3C25F9E16E85.png

No, it was a genuine question. I mean, I guess the obvious easy answer is you find them on twitter or whatever and ask them. I was more interested in if you had to go through agents, or offer a fee, or prove what kind of audience it’ll receive, and generally how accommodating people are to requests out of the blue. 

• 2 weeks later...

An American documentary series called Slow Burn is decent. The first couple of series deal with a couple of historical footnotes (Watergate and the impeachment of Bill Clinton) but skip to series three for the really big story.. Tupac and Biggie. The last episode left me pretty emotional as it really gives a sense that the Las Vegas police had no interest in prosecuting anyone over Tupac’s murder and Biggie’s murder investigation in LA was a shambles at best.

Tupac looked like he was always going to be a tragic figure but Biggie planned a quiet life away from fame to raise his kids. Some really good interviews with folk close to both of them. 

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Dele said:

Got android, what's best for downloading podcasts? 

It's for using offline whilst out running so would prefer house type music. 

Ideas welcome, Podbean is shit! 

I use castbox it's good enough