Podcasts

Ludo*1

On 31/08/2019 at 22:52, Muzza81 said:

What do listeners prefer: Top Flight Time Machine or Athletico Mince?

I can't split them. I like them both for different reasons. Mince is well scripted and TFTM is more 2 guys talking absolute shite. They both get my patreon money along with The Terrace Podcast.

10 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Is the Melchester deep dive as good as it sounds? I’ve never paid for a podcast as I’ve had sex but considering this.

Are you saying you had no money left after paying for sex?

I pick and choose the Joe Rogan podcasts I listen to depending on the guest.  One of his most recent was with Edward Snowden and while being (at times) quite an interesting listen, Rogan probably only asks about three questions in nearly three hours.  Snowden doesn't half talk.

I pick and choose the Joe Rogan podcasts I listen to depending on the guest. 

Imagine you didn’t and listened to every single one, you’d spend half your waking hours listening to Rogan and some Yank comedian talk about bow hunting on DMT.

• 3 weeks later...

Classic Scottish Albums on BBC Sounds is not too bad, 20 minutes or so an episode so handy for a tea break or a quick bus trip.

I was a fan of the By The Minute Golf podcast with Lawrence Donegan and John Huggan, it was off air for quite a while but is now back as the McKellar Golf Podcast.

Richard Herring pulled an episode of RHLSTP with a blitzed Ricky Wilson that didn't go too well and ended with Wilson on the edge of the stage challenging guests to a fight. 

I’d heard reference to this recording (“hopefully it goes better than the Ricky Wilson” and what like) but didn’t know the actual story, so, aye, cheers I guess. Shame nobody levelled him tbh.

Richard Herring is really hit and miss. He doesnt have much of a c**t filter. Godley on one hand and the other end of the spectrum shits like Al Murray and Marcus Brigstocke.

The one recently with Adam Buxton was class though.

Whoever asked earlier if the TFTM  Roy of the Rovers deep dive was paying for. Absolutely, its by far and away their best stuff and because you are a tight arsehole you will get all episodes to date for your three quid plus all the Roy Keanes and the new hells angels one. 

• 2 weeks later...

Started listening to the Quickly Kevin 90s football podcast, it's mostly interviews with 90s players but they've also done run throughs of Steve Bruce's crime thriller novels he wrote back in the day. I'm on the last one at the moment and they've been probably my favourite podcast episodes ever, been just about crying laughing at all of them.

Edit: Just noticed they've been mentioned on the last page. Well worth getting into

Edited by Fratelli

• 2 weeks later...

More of a review of already frequently mentioned ones than anything new...

RHLSTP - Grayson Perry was an interesting guest recently. Quite funny and anarchic but also quite political. Annabel Giles was a good laugh too. Very genuine-sounding.

Adam Buxton - Dr Diana Fleischman. She's a Brazilian/American psychologist. Has some interesting stuff to say but Adam was clearly drooling over her so it's quite funny to hear a bit of sexual tension on an Adam Buxton podcast. 

5 Live Boxing. Doing a show each day in the build-up to the Ruiz-Joshua fight. I don't think you have to be a boxing fan to enjoy this. if you are, the insight is good and if you're not there's just good chemistry between the presenters and any guests/interviewees. 

Desert Island Discs - Stephen Graham is on a recent episode and is worth a listen wherever he pops up. 

• 2 weeks later...