Podcasts

Ludo*1

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Behind the b*****ds.  The Stalin one in particular was very very funny.  

Always good. Trump University was another cracker.

44 minutes ago, A96 said:

I’ve got about ten separate podcasts of Danny Baker’s Saturday morning show from 5Live downloaded on my phone. I usually listen to them at some point when I’m walking the dog. 

But when I tried to play one of them recently , nothing happened. It wouldn’t play. None of them would. But I was still able to play other stuff I’d downloaded , including other podcasts from 5Live.

Have the BBC decided that all of their Danny Baker shows have to be expunged from their records? ...... even though they pre-date his supposedly offensive tweet about the Royal baby.

Fvkkin pathetic from them , if they have.

Check out @DBarchive on Twitter, there are old LBC shows you can download on Dropbox.

Mark Ronson guests on the latest Hip Hop Saved My Life. He’s feeling cool, DJing in the club, Jay Z and Biggie are there in matching suits... then his mum shows up in the crowd. Surprisingly self-deprecating given the sort of people he has worked with.

Mark Ronson guests on the latest Hip Hop Saved My Life. He’s feeling cool, DJing in the club, Jay Z and Biggie are there in matching suits... then his mum shows up in the crowd. Surprisingly self-deprecating given the sort of people he has worked with.

Listened to this during the week (while cooking a lovely Hawaiian steak rice bowl if you must know) and agree, really down to earth and appreciative of how lucky he’s been - even though it sounded like he’s put in the work to earn it.
Similar to Scroobius Pip’s podcast, it tends to be a good show when the host isn’t really prompting too much...even if I do enjoy both the hosts mentioned in their own right.

• 3 weeks later...

The First Time with Matt Everitt

6 Music must have collated/tidied these interviews up and they've just all been released as half hour shows with most of the music edited out (for rights reasons..). 

Some decent guests - Dave Grohl, Mark Ronson, Elton John, Liam Gallagher. He just talks to them about their musical influences and gets decent behind the scenes stuff on projects they've done, folk they've worked with etc. 

Everitt was drummer for shite Britpop band Menswear and does the music news on Shaun Keaveney's show on 6 Music. 

The First Time with Matt Everitt
6 Music must have collated/tidied these interviews up and they've just all been released as half hour shows with most of the music edited out (for rights reasons..). 
Some decent guests - Dave Grohl, Mark Ronson, Elton John, Liam Gallagher. He just talks to them about their musical influences and gets decent behind the scenes stuff on projects they've done, folk they've worked with etc. 
Everitt was drummer for shite Britpop band Menswear and does the music news on Shaun Keaveney's show on 6 Music. 

Will check this out [emoji106]
That avatar doesn’t suit you, a nice picture of a Eubank wearing a monocle would be better.

4 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Will check this out emoji106.png
That avatar doesn’t suit you, a nice picture of a Eubank wearing a monocle would be better.

I'm just hoping to give someone (ideally Granny Danger) some sort of seizure. One will see what one can do about the Eubank pic. 

Everitt is pretty good as he knows his stuff, isn't too sycophantic and tends to coax some interesting tales out of the guests. 

• 1 month later...

I'd stopped listening to Graham Hunter and his Big Interviews. Was a fan when they first came out but increasingly he made me want to puke, such was his smarmy sycophancy. Listened to a double-episode from earlier this year with Ryan Fraser and it was decent. Ryan sounds like a very bright public schoolboy rather than a footballer. He has a wee dog he dresses up, does meditation and has cookery competitions with his team mates. 

I'd stopped listening to Graham Hunter and his Big Interviews. Was a fan when they first came out but increasingly he made me want to puke, such was his smarmy sycophancy. Listened to a double-episode from earlier this year with Ryan Fraser and it was decent. Ryan sounds like a very bright public schoolboy rather than a footballer. He has a wee dog he dresses up, does meditation and has cookery competitions with his team mates. 

The same reason I stopped. Everyone he interviews is the nicest, most interesting, fascinating person he’s had the pleasure of sitting down with. Gave up ages ago. Shame as I liked Hunter and he gets some great guests but the arse licking was unbearable.
Rather listen to the Pele podcast (which is top class) or even Simon ferry’s interviews.

1 hour ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

I've had Athletico Mince recommended by people I though were sensible. It's for the sort of people who drink in Wetherspoons and like James Corden. Mortimer's accent makes me want to commit genocide.

Comedy is subjective and all that, but genuinely interested to know what you think about Athletico Mince equates to James Fucking Corden. Or Wetherspoon's for that matter.