Podcasts

Ludo*1

Been catching up on the new Athletico Mince podcasts.  
Warhammer! nearly made me crash the car this morning. 

The Adrian Lewis Meat Feast section in their latest podcast is definitely not to be listened to whilst driving. It really should come with a warning at the start of it.

On 10/01/2019 at 02:14, KnightswoodBear said:

Been catching up on the new Athletico Mince podcasts.  

Warhammer! nearly made me crash the car this morning. 

I've started listening to these since the start (except Andy has gone back to do a voice over on episode 1 to tell you it's probably best to skip straight to episode 8 and it's quality. It's the perfect length for my drive to and from work so I'm listening to at least two a day. Got a wee while before I catch up I think. 

Edited by Dee Man
Rogue emoji appeared from f**k knows where.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Nadroj said:

I see The Terrace podcast are getting their own TV show on national telly. Well in lads, keep on bodyin' trolls! @craigkillie @Francesc Fabregas @thisGRAEME (not aware of any other regulars who post on here, apologies if I missed anyone)

Just listened to this for the first time after being terrified to listen for the fear of it being toe-curlingly cringy - not so. A very good listen and the very opposite of any Scottish radio football programme where they Give token mentions to non-OF teams because they feel obliged to in a vain attempt to appear balanced.

One negative though - they need to get the acoustics sorted to get shot of that slight echo - get some egg boxes on the walls. 

3 hours ago, Ylf said:

Been listening to anything goes with James English. Worth a listen people emoji106.png

So have I, I actually watched his YouTube video when he lived on the streets over the festive period, but didn't put the two together till McAvennie mentioned it during his interview. 

The one with the dominatrix was an interesting listen, as was the one with that young lassie who won the lottery. 

Seems to have quite a few "gangsters" on, but not listened to any of those yet. 

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Just finishing off the Last Days of August, what a sad story.

I've really enjoyed Jon Ronson's other stuff. Is this available anywhere other than Audible  at the moment?

3 hours ago, MSU said:

I've really enjoyed Jon Ronson's other stuff. Is this available anywhere other than Audible  at the moment?

I don't think so but it's being released on the regular podcast apps in a couple of months apparently.

I listened to it a couple of weeks ago and found it very interesting.  The final episode where Ronson describes what he saw in her final scene though is a hard listen.

Edited by Highland Capital

5 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I don't think so but it's being released on the regular podcast apps in a couple of months apparently.

I listened to it a couple of weeks ago and found it very interesting.  The final episode where Ronson describes what he saw in her final scene though is a hard listen.

Binged this today. Pretty difficult to listen to in places, as you say. Once again, though, Ronson presents his findings and research in a really balanced, interesting way and doesn't try to sensationalize the story. There are no innocents in all this. Every one of these characters is flawed, some more than others. Well worth the $6 from Audible.

• 2 weeks later...