Podcasts

Ludo*1

Danny Denholm has started his own podcast to go hand in hand with his blogs and the first episode was excellent.
Him ripping the pish out of Andy Munro for being thick was a great laugh and all the guy's on it were very likeable and down to earth.
It's called Lower League Ramblings if anyone wants to listen.

Started listening to this this morning at work. Thought it was quite good. Give it another go

Very much into Behind the b*****ds, which takes a look at some utter c***s through history. The two-parter about The East India Company was fascinating, and who'da thunk Steven Seagal would be such a reprehensible wankstain?

I'm now downloading more podcasts than I'll ever have time to listen to.

Danny Denholm has started his own podcast to go hand in hand with his blogs and the first episode was excellent.
Him ripping the pish out of Andy Munro for being thick was a great laugh and all the guy's on it were very likeable and down to earth.
It's called Lower League Ramblings if anyone wants to listen.

Listened to first one, thought it was okay. Really enjoying the second one.

Empire on Blood

Not listened to many yet (7 episodes). 1990s New York ghetto superstar crack dealer gets locked up for murder (a crime he did not commit would you believe?). The narrator is a journalist who gets to know our main character initially through phonecalls from prison and talking to former associates. 

Adds that quality American production feel - we get the music from the time (our main character is pleased to learn this new rapper called Snoop Dogg shares his first name), the thick accents, the dodgy prosecutors. Crime, music, mink coats, Mayor Giuliani cleaning up NY - plenty to get your ears around here. 

https://empireonblood.panoply.fm/

longform-original-15868-1422575830-23.jp

Very much into Behind the b*****ds, which takes a look at some utter c***s through history. The two-parter about The East India Company was fascinating, and who'da thunk Steven Seagal would be such a reprehensible wankstain?
I'm now downloading more podcasts than I'll ever have time to listen to.

If you want to delve more into Seagal’s batshittery then I Don’t Even Own A Tv do a big read of his self published novel The Way of the Shadow Wolves that I would recommend.

5 hours ago, NotThePars said:

If you want to delve more into Seagal’s batshittery then I Don’t Even Own A Tv do a big read of his self published novel The Way of the Shadow Wolves that I would recommend.

On it. Cheers.

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Of course Steve Seagals self published novel is called The Way Of The Shadow Wolves. emoji23.png

It's so class. The main character is a Native American cop who has "the spirit of the snake in his bloodline and that gave him power over some people and many snakes." The plot centres around a definitely not Obama type president who's sneaking Jihadis over the border to establish a caliphate in the United States with the full support of "the deep state" for some reason.

It's so class. The main character is a Native American cop who has "the spirit of the snake in his bloodline and that gave him power over some people and many snakes." The plot centres around a definitely not Obama type president who's sneaking Jihadis over the border to establish a caliphate in the United States with the full support of "the deep state" for some reason.

Some posters on the politics forum have just got an erection.

7 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Joe Rogan has a few interesting guests but three hour long interviews? Does anyone really want to listen to something that long?

Considering it's one of the world's most accessed podcasts, I'd say folk are screaming out for more long-form discussion.

Edited by banana

I listened to this one and really want someone to attack me so I can talk to them about the wall outside my house in Spain.

I’ve listened to Last Seen, a podcast about the theft of $500m worth of art from the Isabella Stewart Gardner museum in Boston in 1990. Really interesting cast of Boston rogues.

• 2 weeks later...