Podcasts

Ludo*1

Off the ball is a good listen for work during the week. Listened to a few graham Hunter. But of an arsenal crawler

Aye that winds me up. Everybody he's had on has been the best (in his opinion) at something. The Davie Provan one in particular, Provan is a w****r!!

I like the interviews though. Redknapp my favourite one.

Sure I wrote this on another thread, but ESPN's Mike and Mike Show is top-quality sports journalism. Fantastic rant yesterday about the water quality at the Rio Olympics.

http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/espns-mike-greenberg-challenges-olympic-officials-to-swim-in-polluted-rio-waters.html

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/podcast/archive?id=2445552

• 3 weeks later...

Robbie Collin filling in today on the Kermode & Mayo film show. Podcast should be available early evening today. Really enjoy his reviews - think the stand-in is better than the permanent fixture.

A pal nearly fell off his bar stool the other day when I told him I've had a few emails of film reviews read on the show - I think he had trouble believing I would use the internet for anything other than reading about football and looking at tits.

The Worst Idea Of All Time is two New Zealand comedians watching Grown Ups 2 every week for 52 weeks and talking about it afterwards. Their descent into madness is hilarious.

Up to episode 28 of this and it's been absolutely wonderful recently. They're gradually going more and more insane. They talk less and less about the movie.

• 1 month later...

Gutted this week when out of the blue Caustic Soda released their final ever episode :(

https://causticsodapodcast.com/2016/03/28/fanfare-finale/

I think I've been listening to the podcast for almost 4 years and I've listened to the entire back catalogue so I'm disappointed that I won't get any more new episodes.

• 1 month later...

Adam and Joe..all of em right from the XFM days up to 6music.

Adam Buxtons recent run of podcasts

Scoobius Pips podcast ..SpeechTherapy i think??

Anything Russell Brand but especially his Audioboom series from last yr..utter gold

Dan Carlins Hardcore History..all phenominal but the Wrath of Khans series is fucking astounding.

Mike Duncans History of Rome podcast...longwinded but exceptional

Dan Carlins Common Sense podcast..

These will not dissapointðŸ‘

Not really podcasts but I've been listening to loads of Anthony and Opie radio broadcasts on YouTube.  There are about 50 full length episodes with Louis CK guesting alone.

Loads of bad taste laugh out loud moments. 

• 2 months later...
On 22/12/2015 at 22:44, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Richard Herring's Leicester Square Theatre Podcast mostly at the moment.

The one with Limmy was decent.

I listen to the ITV Tour Podcast and OTB Podcast, if I miss it live.

Edited by Marr1

It's mentioned earlier in the thread but Adam Buxton's recent solo podcasts are good, and the old 6 Music ones of Adam and Joe have some funny stuff.

There is also one called Sick & Wrong. For years it was high up in the comedy charts but a founding presenter left at episode 500 and has since become unlistenable IMO. Glory days were probably episodes 50-400.

Two snidey, hipstery Californians discuss two sick news stories each week and pick them apart. 

23 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

I've become a massive fan of "How Did This Get Made?" which is basically a podcast about shit movies. It's exceptional stuff, and has actually made me want to go and watch some of this shite.

Have listened to some of this. Absolutely love the episodes about films I've seen, which is a pretty small percentage. The other ones are still a good listen but seeing the films makes all the difference.

The Devils Advocate episode is absolutely amazing :lol:

This is an essential piece of related TV viewing.

Just stick with it, it's worth it.

The Devil's Advocate one is my personal favourite, being the first one I've ever watched. I like all of them though. I always listen to the minisodes now so as I can watch the next movie before. I actually did watch Birdemic before listening to that one. Well worth it for the payoff.

• 3 months later...
Super scoreboard is a good podcast. Like the long ball street and the big interview with graham hunter

I think I have listened to most of the Graham Hunter podcasts but I am getting a bit fed up of them now. He reverts everything back to Barcelona or Johan Cruyff which becomes very tedious (for me anyway).

I think the only ones I listen to every week are Guardian Football Weekly and the BBC World Football Phone-In.