Podcasts

Ludo*1

Probably more than one thread about this but what are you listening to now?

I've been listening to Serial which was absolutely amazing but I dunno how I feel on the second series of it so far.

Is there anything similar to it or even wildly different but equally absorbing that's worth a listen?

Serial was very good, I would recommend it to anyone, didn't realise there was a 2nd series, is it about the same guy or something different?

only podcasts I listen to are terrace Scottish football podcast, which I imagine most people on here know about anyway and Hello internet, which was a podcast which turned me onto serial in the first place.

It is about these 2 guys who make their living from educational videos from youtube and they speak about all kinds of stuff, bit of an odd couple but they have real chemistry in their discussions. Its completely different to serial, and I imagine it wouldn't be to the specific taste of many on here but I find it very enjoyable.

they also have most of their podcasts on youtube so ive linked the first one to anyone interested

The second series has just started. Similar type of story - a soldier was rescued after being captured by the Taliban for 5 year (The longest a person has been held and survived) yet when he came home, it was revealed that he actually deserted his post and put people at risk. This has led to theories about him being involved in some way with them. And it's just went from there.

Richard Herring's Leicester Square Theatre Podcast mostly at the moment.

Rhlstp is tremendous. Also loving the Adam button podcast and infinite monkey cage and in our time both brilliant. Danny baker radio 5 show is my favourite

Tried serial but too slow for me and after 3 episodes I still think they have the right guy.

I love podcasts and regularly listen to...

The Skeptics Guide to the universe

http://www.theskepticsguide.org/

Sick and wrong podcast, (not a s good as it used to be but some classic episodes in the back catalog)

http://www.sickandwrongpodcast.com/

"Wittertainment" - 5 live movie reviews (hello to Jason isaacs)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00lvdrj

BBC radio 4 - Inside Science podcasts

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b036f7w2/episodes/downloads

BBC Radio 4 - The Now Show

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qgt7

Want to know how to down load and listen to these podcasts, you just download and listen to these podcasts ;)

I must be one of the few people who couldn't get into serial, thought it was badly written and a bit all over the place.

This American life and Radiolab are probably my favorites at the moments.

The stuff podcasts (how stuff works, stuff they don't want you to know, techstuff etc.) are good too depending on the subject matter. As is Caustic soda.

Marc Maron, Richard Herring and Scroobious Pip can be worth a listen depending on the guest.

Mystery hour, No such thing as a fish and Answer me this are usually worth a listen too.

All the football stuffs been covered pretty recently on here. The world football phone in stands out for me as far as they're concerned.

Its basically 3 or 4 real life stories with a link to whatever the given topic of the show is.

This week was about propaganda and included a story on the Colombian government using an advertising agency to encourage FARC members to disarm, a school musical, twitter users unwittingly being used for propaganda and how the Chinese government dealt with Tianamen square.

There was a podcast thread on here literally a week or so ago.

Listened to Kevin Smith's for a while, Serial first season was great (need to check out the next) and now right into two comedy ones.

The Biggest Problem In The Universe is Maddox and a comedian friend each bringing in two problems a week to debate. Very funny.

The Worst Idea Of All Time is two New Zealand comedians watching Grown Ups 2 every week for 52 weeks and talking about it afterwards. Their descent into madness is hilarious.

I see Radiolab got a passing mention, can't recommend it highly enough. It's far better than this American life IMO.

It's one I always recommend. They've just put out their most popular stories in the last few episodes so a good time for anyone interested to see how they like it.

• 4 weeks later...

Posted on the other podcast thread, Kevin Pollak's Chat Show is quite entertaining depending on the guest. He's had a few top guests, Seth MacFarlane, Matthew Perry & Bryan Cranston to name a few. The wee games they play on it are quite funny and it's not your usual run of the mill interview.