meadow looking for new manager

meadow30

Very good, but I know there are some committee members and some managers who post here so was wondering how in depth an interview would be. It's easy to say you want to promote youth, play attacking football etc, but the interviewers would have heard it ask before, so what would they ask and what are they looking for?

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very good, but I know there are some committee members and some managers who post here so was wondering how in depth an interview would be. It's easy to say you want to promote youth, play attacking football etc, but the interviewers would have heard it ask before, so what would they ask and what are they looking for?

Should be something along the lines of vision for the club and what expectations are etc but know of one interview where the committee just asked questions about contacts that they had and whether they could get funding.

Managerial ability, coaching, knowledge of the game was irrelevant- they only wanted someone with pals who could pump money into the club.

So the interview(s) havn't taken place yet, but someone already knows who is going to get the job but will only tell us on Tuesday after the event.

That sounds reasonable if the guy has already been asked if he wants the job and accepted it. In that case what is the point of holding interviews?

What if he has a last minute change of mind and gives you a knockback?

If you are so sure that you know who it is, come straight out and tell us all now, or are you afraid of the eggy face you might have come tuesday?

Of course the Kilbirnie fan will not say in case he guesses incorrectly. They are a few candidates and still to be interviewed so he may know of one. Nothing has been decided by Meadow committee as still to hold the interviews with prospective candidates for management job.

Should be something along the lines of vision for the club and what expectations are etc but know of one interview where the committee just asked questions about contacts that they had and whether they could get funding.

Managerial ability, coaching, knowledge of the game was irrelevant- they only wanted someone with pals who could pump money into the club.

So have you already had an interview for the job

Do you think this interview is worth doing or do you think we have already decided who will become our next manager? What do you take it your tea? Can you work with an overdraft? Whos, What colours do we play in? Do you know the committees favoured system? Are you free on saturdays? What is the main ingredient in a silk purse? Thank you and goodbye.

Don't think you should be trying tae rip the pish oot o' anyone considering yer ain teams shady past as I am sure Sir Wullie of Knox will testify too when dealing way managers.

Don't think you should be trying tae rip the pish oot o' anyone considering yer ain teams shady past as I am sure Sir Wullie of Knox will testify too when dealing way managers.

Mr Knox was treated badly at the end. Dunno the full ins and outs of the way he left but I heard it was a player the committee bought without his consent. I may be wrong but that may have probably been the moment trust was broken.

Good luck to the next manager. Hope it isn't Alan McCluckie for obvious reasons

Still no manager! Looks like the only reason stevie and the back room staff were sacked was to save the club money..its obvious the club are in debt! The only ones that should have been shown the door should have been the board. They've ript the heart out of the club and players by what they did before Christmas.

Still no manager! Looks like the only reason stevie and the back room staff were sacked was to save the club money..its obvious the club are in debt! The only ones that should have been shown the door should have been the board. They've ript the heart out of the club and players by what they did before Christmas.

Hi "Best Junior Fan" they were sacked for poor results and being bottom of the league with one win not to save money. If results were respectable then still be there. The committee have put their own hard earned money into the club and give up their Saturdays and plenty of other days to work on ground, work at social club, on match days, getting sponsors in and working on hundreds of other things that even I am not aware of.

I am sure the new manager will improve the morale. I've not spoke to one Meadow supporter who feels they should have stayed on and in fact thought should have went before December but the committee gave them time to turn things round...

the only reason? We're bottom of the league looking like certainties for the drop. Embarrassing losses such as EIGHT-NIL against Troon and 4-0 away to shettleston. Don't think many top clubs would find those results acceptable.

well said shannon.

definitely a player, ex coach who used to be with ashfield.

they took ashfield down and looks like we could be going down, hope not.

im beginning to think it's actually a player, still under contract with Meadow.

Minford had a lot to do with it.

On a match day he was supposed to pick God up at a Kilmarnock roundabout but conveniently forgot and travelled on and took charge of the match.

Oft harsh! Old Mr Knox still well respected by the Talbot loyal though.

Oft harsh! Old Mr Knox still well respected by the Talbot loyal though.

If it wasn't for Knox Talbot would never have achieved what they have over the past 40 years Wullie Knox was and to some extent still is Auchinleck Talbot, mind you tucker has achieved wonders in his own right so fair play to him the boy has done good.

Of course the Kilbirnie fan will not say in case he guesses incorrectly. They are a few candidates and still to be interviewed so he may know of one. Nothing has been decided by Meadow committee as still to hold the interviews with prospective candidates for management job.

Confirmed today again so take that as you will

As everyone says we will soon find out

If you want to discuss talbots shady past I suggest that you start your own thread on the subject.

This was my response to I.M. X. 1 after all this is a meadow thread.

The poster stated that it has already been decided who the new management team are athough applications are invited up until Monday 4th Jan.

This in my opinion and not mine alone was both amusing and not very professional to say the least.it is a joke state of affairs even before another irvine poster rubbished his claims.

No you nor anybody else will come on here and think you can tell me what I can and cannot post.

You need to lighten up fur f. sake .

If you want to discuss talbots shady past I suggest that you start your own thread on the subject. This was my response to I.M. X. 1 after all this is a meadow thread.The poster stated that it has already been decided who the new management team are athough applications are invited up until Monday 4th Jan. This in my opinion and not mine alone was both amusing and not very professional to say the least.it is a joke state of affairs even before another irvine poster rubbished his claims.No you nor anybody else will come on here and think you can tell me what I can and cannot post.You need to lighten up fur f. sake .

Happy isn't Happy

No Happy?

Archived