meadow looking for new manager

meadow30

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very interesting, Mark Bradley attending a mid week friendly involving Medda.

He would be a very good appointment. Especially if he was in the away dugout

at Prestonfield, when Medda turn The Rose over.[/quot

You've been confident about that since the draw, Larky. Can't see it happening myself.

I do fancy Medda, jb. But the goalie has to stay focused, & the real Jordan Murch has to turn up .

Mark Cameron is far too good to be asst to anyone. If he was to leave Kilbirnie would hope its to be a No1 and not a No2 at another club. He has massive input at Ladeside and seems to work well with Swift and Duncan ..hope they continue as a team for a while yet.

Does he want to manage again though? Some people prefer to coach or assist than manage.

Think Mark is quite content as No2, he seems quite settled at Kilbirnie with Swifty in charge and guys like Gav and Billy there. All 4 creating a good unit who seem to work well together.

He had Billy and Gav in his backroom team at Dunterlie and was then in Gavs backroom there, he also seemed to thoroughly enjoy working with Ward at Albion Rovers, he did leave his position as Lie manager to take that position up.

Think the job is a poisoned chalice tbh but no doubt be a queue of folk wanting it

Tbh I think they would be as well writing this season off whoever gets it the way Swift & Crilly did after taking over from Tommy 3 seasons ago & come back stronger next season . But will the Meadow fans accept this ?

Think the job is a poisoned chalice tbh but no doubt be a queue of folk wanting it

Tbh I think they would be as well writing this season off whoever gets it the way Swift & Crilly did after taking over from Tommy 3 seasons ago & come back stronger next season . But will the Meadow fans accept this ?

Why wouldn't they accept it, footballs all about taking the good with the bad for the real fans. There's been worse times than this, were in the district league when strain took over

Why wouldn't they accept it, footballs all about taking the good with the bad for the real fans. There's been worse times than this, were in the district league when strain took over

I remember as we were there with you

Just putting the question out there as a relevant question

Utter nonsense lol. As much as I dislike the medda as a team there is no way this is a poison chalice. Lots of ex players and managers will jump at the chance to take over the reigns.

They are one of the biggest names in Junior football so the prospect of that alone will be a massive draw for applications.

I expect a big name to take over.

Apparently they have had a Barrow load of applications. Not a fan of them at all but they are big in the junior game. Money might be a problem but the right management in place could sort that out no problem. But I think it's safe to say it won't be anyone from Kilbirnie

Utter nonsense lol. As much as I dislike the medda as a team there is no way this is a poison chalice. Lots of ex players and managers will jump at the chance to take over the reigns.

They are one of the biggest names in Junior football so the prospect of that alone will be a massive draw for applications.

I expect a big name to take over.

Too many expectations since Mr Strain came in & the money isn't there to do what he done . So yes in that extent it's a poison chalice

Too many expectations since Mr Strain came in & the money isn't there to do what he done . So yes in that extent it's a poison chalice

There isn't over expectation though. Fans and committee don't expect league or Junior Cup wins. Was there calls for sackings in first season or even second? No.

First two seasons under Rankin we finished 2nd and 3rd and did well first season in particular in Scottish Cup. Fans didn't want them sacked for finishing 2nd and 3rd. Only moans came about after our poor league form of end of last season continued into this season. We also had a great chance of West of Scotland Cup Final v Buffs but we let another lead slip v Arthurlie.

We don't expect to be sitting bottom of the league with one win. Mid table and no embarrassing hammering defeats to Shettleston and Troon would be fine with 95% of fans. Obviously now mid table would be long shot and aim for a new manager would be to pick up a few wins and try to save us from relegation. If they don't then they won't take the blame and would get time to rebuild in the summer for whatever league we are in next season.

Medda were always a big team even before the big money and Strain appeared on scene. To say expectations rose when he came in is wrong. Can't think of any time over the past 30 years Talbot have played them when I have thought to myself aw this is going to be an easy win today. They haven't exactly did a Kilwinning since the money went have they? A bad season should not be summed up as a poison chalice.

Medda were always a big team even before the big money and Strain appeared on scene. To say expectations rose when he came in is wrong. Can't think of any time over the past 30 years Talbot have played them when I have thought to myself aw this is going to be an easy win today. They haven't exactly did a Kilwinning since the money went have they? A bad season should not be summed up as a poison chalice.

Read previous posts where Meadow were in the district league so that's keech

Won't deny they are a big junior club but to say they have always been always at the top of the Junior game is nonsense

In my 30 odd years watching Pollok the 4 big Ayrshire teams to me have always been-

Talbot

Cumnock

Meadow

Glenafton

After these 4 it would be Beith.

I am sure Meadow will get themselves sorted and it may not save them this year but I am sure they will get themselves back up.

In my 30 odd years watching Pollok the 4 big Ayrshire teams to me have always been-

Talbot

Cumnock

Meadow

Glenafton

After these 4 it would be Beith.

I am sure Meadow will get themselves sorted and it may not save them this year but I am sure they will get themselves back up.

Would take Cumnock out of that & add Beith tbh but that would be the only change

Ourselves I would put 6th or 7th

Would take Cumnock out of that & add Beith tbh but that would be the only change

Ourselves I would put 6th or 7th

I would take glenafton out and put in Kilwinning Rangers.

Not the last wee while ( although they've gave us a torrid time of it ) but in the 90s they were Something else and in particular mid to late 90s.

Their scottish cup and all conquering team is right up with the best junior teams ever for me.

Not the last wee while ( although they've gave us a torrid time of it ) but in the 90s they were Something else and in particular mid to late 90s.

Their scottish cup and all conquering team is right up with the best junior teams ever for me.

Flash in the pan bud akin to Hurlford just now

All the others have been down to hard work over the years although you could argue Glenaftons success was down to Alan Roughs connection to Partick Thistle .

In the early 90s Glenafton reached 3 Scottish finals - winning one that's why in my mind I have always had them as one of the top Ayrshire sides in my time watching Pollok.

I would put Kilwinning in the same group as Beith, Kilbirnie, Largs, Hurford.

In the early 90s Glenafton reached 3 Scottish finals - winning one that's why in my mind I have always had them as one of the top Ayrshire sides in my time watching Pollok.

I would put Kilwinning in the same group as Beith, Kilbirnie, Largs, Hurford.

Hurlford a big Ayrshire team??? They spent years getting pumped every single week when I was growing up, granted now there a team who should be challenging every season for cups but there not a BIG Ayrshire team

Archived