meadow looking for new manager

meadow30

Who you calling a rocket ya tadger!!! Sometimes an experienced manager doesn't always work for a team. A young, energetic manager coming in with new ideas might be just what the Medda need to freshen things up. Btw His names Stevie Rankin.

shaws88 he has a point

you are a rocket!!!

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By what logic do you conclude that the league secretary can control the weather and give you fixtures that will definitely go ahead, and also generate income for your club?

Their was no more likelyhood of games going ahead at Meadow park that at any other venue on the recent dates when there was a virtual wipeout of all games in the west of scotland. If he had given you an away fixture at one of the few grounds which were playable then it would not give you any income in any case. Prudent management of your income stream is the only way to get over the periods (which now appear inevitable) when you cannot pay normal wages. What are players going to do about it in any case, if they walk away they are in breach of contract and not due any wages anyway.

As you well know, Meadow Park is nearly always playable. He had twice scheduled a home game against Kilbirnie, then cancelled them and replaced them with an away fixture against Johnstone Burgh that we all knew had NO chance of being played if it rained.

As you well know, Meadow Park is nearly always playable. He had twice scheduled a home game against Kilbirnie, then cancelled them and replaced them with an away fixture against Johnstone Burgh that we all knew had NO chance of being played if it rained.

Dry your eyes, we will be going from 3rd Oct to 23rd Jan at least without a home league game, yes 4 months almost.

The key word here is "nearly". A few other grounds, including our own, have an excellent record of getting games played, but conditions in recent weeks have been truly exceptional and it is unlikely that even Meadow park would have had a game played even if it had been scheduled.

Seems to me that there are some practiced Medda apologists on here. You can rest assured that my sources are solid i.e. Disgruntled and short changed footballers. I challenge anyone from Medda to come on and deny my claims. It is defo time for the league to step in and address this manipulation of the rules and outright abuse of players. I predict that, just like last season, there will be some 'shock' sales at Medda by the 9th January. An absolute disgrace.

Seems to me that there are some practiced Medda apologists on here. You can rest assured that my sources are solid i.e. Disgruntled and short changed footballers. I challenge anyone from Medda to come on and deny my claims. It is defo time for the league to step in and address this manipulation of the rules and outright abuse of players. I predict that, just like last season, there will be some 'shock' sales at Medda by the 9th January. An absolute disgrace.

Peasy supporter being feart of a rejuvenated Meadow and trying to spout rubbish to unsettle our players or make sure we don't catch you....Last season there were no shock sales Sawyers, Thomson, McLennan and Flood were out of favour and moved on and others came in. Is that a crime against football?!

As MMS has said all players have been paid their wages to date in spite of lack of league games as shown below. Meadow has had 4 fundraising nights in October / November, Christmas raffle, bottle stall and other fundraising to help us pay wages, bills etc.

Oct-03 Rob Roy League (A)

Oct-10 Pollok WOS (H) Shared gate

Oct-17 Troon League (A)

Oct-24 Dunbar Scottish (A)

Nov-07 Glenafton League (A)

Nov-14 Johnstone WOS (A) Postponed

Nov-21 Blackburn Scottish (H) Shared gate

Nov-28 Arthurlie League (A) Postponed

Dec-05 Johnstone WOS (A) Postponed

Dec-12 Talbot League (H)

Dec-19 Johnstone. Postponed..

Dec-26 Holiday No game -

Jan- 2nd No game.

With a new manager there may be some transfers but again may be none but as all players under contract shock horror another club would have to pay Meadow a decent transfer fee.

You are the one with the claims. The onus is on you to provide proof of that, not for Meadow to deny it.

Well, well, well rorybhoy, judging by your grammar, spelling (apart from the word 'defo' ) and the use of the odd big word, you appear to be a reasonably intelligent person when it comes to writing. I get the distinct impression, as others may do, that you take the situation very personally. I'm sure a number of people, apart from me, will be guessing your identity. I don't need to guess. For someone to 'predict' that certain players are leaving, leaves me and others, to believe that you have been told this through your 'solid sources'. Yes, there were disgruntled and short changed (not to be confused with payments) players at Meadow Park. This was due to certain players not getting a game for weeks whilst others got a game almost every week. Come on back and trip yourself up.

i think the sacking of Steve Rankin was harsh ! wonder if they have thought about Hughie Houston for the medda job ?

he got about a year to correct the downside he had taken them into. I actually think Meadow deserve a bit of credit for not making any knee jerk decisions earlier.

Shanner spot on, I was so embarrassed at the Troon game thought that was time for a change, committee game them more time, very patient IMO, but never got the improvement. Stevie & Murdie were not motivating our team & playing lone striker week in week out. We are in the shit right now, but I want someone in who will play attacking football & not go down without a fight.

Archived