meadow looking for new manager

meadow30

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems to be another case of financial commitments not being met for players. To my knowledge this is the third year in a row. It's about time that the league did something about this. This club are gaining an unfair advantage over other clubs by making promises of wages and signing fees that they then renege on. Every club could have a difficult moment e.g. A sponsor withdrawing at the last minute, but this is systematic abuse of the rules and players, someone in SJFA needs to take a close look at this practice.

As for the Medda 'big club' claims - consistently behaving like this does not help your case

Seems to be another case of financial commitments not being met for players. To my knowledge this is the third year in a row. It's about time that the league did something about this. This club are gaining an unfair advantage over other clubs by making promises of wages and signing fees that they then renege on. Every club could have a difficult moment e.g. A sponsor withdrawing at the last minute, but this is systematic abuse of the rules and players, someone in SJFA needs to take a close look at this practice.

As for the Medda 'big club' claims - consistently behaving like this does not help your case

Not sure where you are getting your information (although I have a fair idea) BUT I would certainly be questioning their knowledge as this is a total fabrication of the truth!!!

We do teams insist on contracts of say £50 a wk or £200 a month etc when games getting called off can prevent these wages being afforded. Would it not make more sense of say £50 per game appearance money with win bonuses flung in. Obviously come end of season you play midweek which means more wages but you know the games on and crowd coming brings in the money

I good one ya fucking rocket. Sack Stevie ranking and bring in Brian mcginty. Don't even need to explain the differene in experience.

Who you calling a rocket ya tadger!!! Sometimes an experienced manager doesn't always work for a team. A young, energetic manager coming in with new ideas might be just what the Medda need to freshen things up. Btw His names Stevie Rankin.

Any shortfall in wage payments will be down to one man. The fixture secretary. Medda Park lies unused week after week whilst he gives us fixtures that have no chance of being played.

By what logic do you conclude that the league secretary can control the weather and give you fixtures that will definitely go ahead, and also generate income for your club?

Their was no more likelyhood of games going ahead at Meadow park that at any other venue on the recent dates when there was a virtual wipeout of all games in the west of scotland. If he had given you an away fixture at one of the few grounds which were playable then it would not give you any income in any case. Prudent management of your income stream is the only way to get over the periods (which now appear inevitable) when you cannot pay normal wages. What are players going to do about it in any case, if they walk away they are in breach of contract and not due any wages anyway.

Archived