The Championship's Worst and Best Posters of 2015

With the big clubs such as Hibs and Falkirk remaining in the Championship for another year, the Championship Worst and Best Posters of the year also returns. I'm taking over this year from Jagfox99

Same Rules as Last Year.

Rules

A lot of interest in the second tier this season, therefore this P&B end of year tradition has been extended for this year (or for however long Hibs remain).

Voting is via PM, so send myself a message with the best and worst posters for each club. Description is optional. If you want to post your list on here also, then feel free. But the votes will be collected from PM's only, so if it's not in the inbox then it won't count.

Any P&B poster is eligible to vote, but only votes for posters from Championship clubs will count. So as tempting as it may be, no votes for Celtic fans.

Saddoes/self flagellants can vote for themselves but it goes against the spirit of things and may be outed when it comes to award time ;)

The Deadline for entries will be Saturday 26th December (Boxing Day) at 10pm (GMT duh). I will then release the results for the top three of each cub.

Let the meltdowns commence.

ETA: If you have a dead heat (e.g. Mig Sanchez "Hibs' best poster") then I'll give half a vote each to the two picks.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic, something to do while I'm having lunch. Same procedure applies as the Premiership, looking at each team's thread and picking from the most prominent who have left an impact on me.

Alloa Athletic:

Best - Waspy

Worst - Wilkinson1998

Dumbarton:

Best - Do you even have a thread? Not that I'm being lazy or anything but the Sonsteam of 08 guy was actually my first thought.

Worst - partridgeshrug.gif

Falkirk:

Best - An assortment of good posters from this lot, I'll say... Rugster.

Worst - It is important to note that while whichever one of the Falkirk fans to have a three letter name beginning with Ga- and 1876 in their username, the one that loves Hibs is truly awful, yet still capable of posting relatively sensibly about football. Not even just his own team, sometimes. So, Mr Bairn wins this. A borderline sociopathic troll who would no doubt have shit views on football if I'd ever seen him post any.

Greenock Morton:

Best - Dunning1874. The boy with the Patrick Harvie avatar always has something insightful to say.

Worst - vikingTON. I don't think he's their worst poster, I'm just tickled by the idea of him being voted as such and the meltdown it would induce. This scramble for relevance should at least give him some comfort in that he can insult me as a no-mark of some sort.

Hibs:

Best - A tie between The Grass is Greener and Mon Dieu. I genuinely can't pick between either of them. All the #flamegang boys are top, top lads, though.

Worst - Doyle. Fucking hell.

Livingston:

Best - EdinburghLivi seems reasonable. Also seems to only post about football.

Worst - There seems to be a tradition on this board of Livi trolls. I also seem to have missed it, but the spirit lives on in Ayia Napa Daz. Grim.

Raith Rovers:

Best - A lot more names I recognise fondly here than I was expecting, I'll go with Scary Bear.

Worst - Zen Archer. Puns are shite.

Rangers:

Best - calum_gers is the only one I've never seen post about Rangers, he wins by default.

Worst - bennett. Imagine having competition like Tedi, No 8, The_Kincardine and thepundit and being worse. He gets it for the utter beigeness of his inadequacy, while the others have some hallmark of atrociousness bennett is purely consistently terrible. Runner-up goes to 8MileBU who is presumably afraid to admit to being one of them full time. Always worth a giggle when there's a meltdown and the mask slips, though.

St. Mirren

Best - shull. Hero.

Worst - When I first started posting on here one of the first things I remember seeing was a quote in someone's signature. It was a quote of Stuart Cosgrove, presumably from the radio mentioning a poster on Pie & Bovril who always supported his team, how this was good and admirable, yadda yadda yadda. I thought "hmm, here is a poster whose views presumably demand some sort of respect." Then I started reading Lex's posts and realised what a mistake I'd made. Imagine all of Rico's worst attributes magnified and made more hilarious by adding in delusions of expectation for his shitey team. Awful, awful poster.

Queen of the South

Best - Sloop John B. Good c**t.

Worst - Mr. X is named after something from the 12th series of The Simpsons, so he's clearly a complete deviant.

Fantastic, something to do while I'm having lunch. Same procedure applies as the Premiership, looking at each team's thread and picking from the most prominent who have left an impact on me.

Alloa Athletic:

Best - Waspy

Worst - Wilkinson1998

Dumbarton:

Best - Do you even have a thread? Not that I'm being lazy or anything but the Sonsteam of 08 guy was actually my first thought.

Worst - partridgeshrug.gif

Falkirk:

Best - An assortment of good posters from this lot, I'll say... Rugster.

Worst - It is important to note that while whichever one of the Falkirk fans to have a three letter name beginning with Ga- and 1876 in their username, the one that loves Hibs is truly awful, yet still capable of posting relatively sensibly about football. Not even just his own team, sometimes. So, Mr Bairn wins this. A borderline sociopathic troll who would no doubt have shit views on football if I'd ever seen him post any.

Greenock Morton:

Best - Dunning1874. The boy with the Patrick Harvie avatar always has something insightful to say.

Worst - vikingTON. I don't think he's their worst poster, I'm just tickled by the idea of him being voted as such and the meltdown it would induce. This scramble for relevance should at least give him some comfort in that he can insult me as a no-mark of some sort.

Hibs:

Best - A tie between The Grass is Greener and Mon Dieu. I genuinely can't pick between either of them. All the #flamegang boys are top, top lads, though.

Worst - Doyle. Fucking hell.

Livingston:

Best - EdinburghLivi seems reasonable. Also seems to only post about football.

Worst - There seems to be a tradition on this board of Livi trolls. I also seem to have missed it, but the spirit lives on in Ayia Napa Daz. Grim.

Raith Rovers:

Best - A lot more names I recognise fondly here than I was expecting, I'll go with Scary Bear.

Rangers:

Best - calum_gers is the only one I've never seen post about Rangers, he wins by default.

Worst - bennett. Imagine having competition like Tedi, No 8, The_Kincardine and thepundit and being worse. He gets it for the utter beigeness of his inadequacy, while the others have some hallmark of atrociousness bennett is purely consistently terrible. Runner-up goes to 8MileBU who is presumably afraid to admit to being one of them full time. Always worth a giggle when there's a meltdown and the mask slips, though.

St. Mirren

Best - shull. Hero.

Worst - When I first started posting on here one of the first things I remember seeing was a quote in someone's signature. It was a quote of Stuart Cosgrove, presumably from the radio mentioning a poster on Pie & Bovril who always supported his team, how this was good and admirable, yadda yadda yadda. I thought "hmm, here is a poster whose views presumably demand some sort of respect." Then I started reading Lex's posts and realised what a mistake I'd made. Imagine all of Rico's worst attributes magnified and made more hilarious by adding in delusions of expectation for his shitey team. Awful, awful poster.

Queen of the South

Best - Sloop John B. Good c**t.

Worst - Mr. X is named after something from the 12th series of The Simpsons, so he's clearly a complete deviant.

But the votes will be collected from PM's only,

Send me a PM

Rangers best ... Tedi

Worst... Me

St mirren best ....

Worst .. Wisbit ..

Hibs best .... The guy with the 'wid' avatar

Worst ...

Falkirk best. ... Ned

Worst.......

Queens ..... Best ... Cletus

Worst. .. Super south

Raith ... Best .... Zen

Worst scary bear. Bears are Gers.

Alloa I can only think of wilky so he gets best

Dumbarton worst third cock for best, can't think of another one for worst.

Who else is in this league?

Alloa Athletic:

Best - Big Fat Tabby Dave - Just seems like a loveable big bear

Worst - Wilkinson1998

Dumbarton:

Best - the Sonsteam of 08

Worst - 3rd rock from the sun - bit harsh I can't really recall a lot of their posters

Falkirk:

Best - Marshmallo - comes across as a good lad

Worst - Bejizz - complete moron that is a dooms merchant pretty non existent recently probably because he has nothing to moan about.

Greenock Morton:

Best - Dunning1874.

Worst - vikingTON - his patter is outdated and laced with tedious drivel

Hibs:

Best - The Grass Is Greener - another good lad that doesn't descend into the constant smiley face brigade hibs have on here. I'm guessing he is about ages with me (in his twenties) so he's a good yin

Worst - Doyle by a country mile. I get the impression he still drops his trousers right down to his ankles when doing a pish at a urinal

Livingston:

Best - EdinburghLivi

Worst - meh

Raith Rovers:

Best - Scary Bear.

Rangers:

Best - calum_gers - gracious in defeat

Worst - Tedi - trying to justify getting stuff thrown at you is part and parcel of attending a football game was very cringeworthy.

St. Mirren

Best - Lex

Worst - meh

Queen of the South

Best - PalmyCammy

Worst - Monkey Tennis - some sort of obsession with Falkirk and posts on anything and everything to do with Falkirk. Still living in the past thinking Queens have some sort of rivalry with Falkirk bringing up the fact they finished above us last season then hit us with his usual tag line - "its a multi Club Forum"

Alloa Athletic:

Best - Big Fat Tabby Dave - Just seems like a loveable big bear

Worst - Wilkinson1998

Dumbarton:

Best - the Sonsteam of 08

Worst - 3rd rock from the sun - bit harsh I can't really recall a lot of their posters

Falkirk:

Best - Marshmallo - comes across as a good lad

Worst - Bejizz - complete moron that is a dooms merchant pretty non existent recently probably because he has nothing to moan about.

Greenock Morton:

Best - Dunning1874.

Worst - vikingTON - his patter is outdated and laced with tedious drivel

Hibs:

Best - The Grass Is Greener - another good lad that doesn't descend into the constant smiley face brigade hibs have on here. I'm guessing he is about ages with me (in his twenties) so he's a good yin

Worst - Doyle by a country mile. I get the impression he still drops his trousers right down to his ankles when doing a pish at a urinal

Livingston:

Best - EdinburghLivi

Worst - meh

Raith Rovers:

Best - Scary Bear.

Rangers:

Best - calum_gers - gracious in defeat

Worst - Tedi - trying to justify getting stuff thrown at you is part and parcel of attending a football game was very cringeworthy.

St. Mirren

Best - Lex

Worst - meh

Queen of the South

Best - PalmyCammy

Worst - Monkey Tennis - some sort of obsession with Falkirk and posts on anything and everything to do with Falkirk. Still living in the past thinking Queens have some sort of rivalry with Falkirk bringing up the fact they finished above us last season then hit us with his usual tag line - "its a multi Club Forum"

You think monkeys obsession with Falkirk is bad ....

Glad to see everyone's taking this whole PM thing on board...

Votes by PM is for shitebags. Name and shame or just f**k off.

Anyway, it's fun to see that hardly anyone knows who other teams' posters are but all know we Bears. I guess this is what comes from being top of the food chain.

Votes by PM is for shitebags. Name and shame or just f**k off.

Anyway, it's fun to see that hardly anyone knows who other teams' posters are but all know we Bears. I guess this is what comes from being top of the food chain.

I can't name many historical Austrians but a couple spring to mind.

And I don't equate Rangers to Mozart

Archived