Next Celtic Manager

414 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Delia is not as good a manager as people thought. This is why he's not doing well. A good manager would do better. Celtic man or not.

The other side of it people assumed he was a good manager because he became the Celtic manager therefore people trusted the judgement of those that appointed him. However I still claim Jackie McNamara would have done a better job.

How am I a moron when everything I said is right??? :blink: Ronny has been one long disaster so we need tae get back doing what we do best & that's the total opposite of him. Someone who lives & breathes Celtic and will gi the team a bit of fight again at least.

Almost everyone on that list is better suited to us than Deila. We'll win the league again obviously but that's cos everyone else is shite no cos we're any good. A proper Celtic team would be 20 points clear by now but Deila's Celtic are actually in a title race.

He needs gone now.

Someone's not very good at maths, unless your "proper Celtic team" had the power to deduct points from Aberdeen.

When did Roy Keane become "Celtic minded" btw? When he signed for a six month final pay day? Or is it purely because hes Irish?

No way Moyes and Rodgers would come up here, and Keane's a nutter. Larsson's a bigger version of Deila imo, not really done much in terms of management to my knowledge, only plus point is he's a 'Celtic Man'. If he's sensible he'd leave it another 5 odd years before having a shot at it

When did Roy Keane become "Celtic minded" btw? When he signed for a six month final pay day? Or is it purely because hes Irish?

His finaly 'pay day' was less than 20 grand a week which he disclosed in his last book, if he wanted more Im sure he could have doubled/trebled his wages elsewhere with little effort.

Roy Keane wouldnt come here anyway. He was offered the job last time before with Deila as his assistant. The budget and pay was crap though which is why we are not going to attarct anyone of any calibre. He probably earned more as Aston Villa assistant manager.

The only way we could attract any sort of name right now is through sentiment, hence this Celtic minded rubbish that people love to retort.

His finaly 'pay day' was less than 20 grand a week which he disclosed in his last book, if he wanted more Im sure he could have doubled/trebled his wages elsewhere with little effort.

Roy Keane wouldnt come here anyway. He was offered the job last time before with Deila as his assistant. The budget and pay was crap though which is why we are not going to attarct anyone of any calibre. He probably earned more as Aston Villa assistant manager.

The only way we could attract any sort of name right now is through sentiment, hence this Celtic minded rubbish that people love to retort.

What's the approx. pay scale for Celtic manager these days?

Deilas on 250-300k allegedley, hence the cheap option tag.

So £5-6k a week. I'd've thought Celtic could pay a lot more, I mean some of the players must be on £20k a week (I could be wrong).

What do reckon is needed to get a 'decent' manager?

Also, where does a club like Celtic look for when recruiting a manager when, presumably, the top leagues pay too much to compete with? The English Championship? League 1? Scandinavia??

Would they ever look at a Tommy Wright or a Derek McInnes type - proven in Scotland, but potentially vulnerable in Europe?

So £5-6k a week. I'd've thought Celtic could pay a lot more, I mean some of the players must be on £20k a week (I could be wrong).

What do reckon is needed to get a 'decent' manager?

Also, where does a club like Celtic look for when recruiting a manager when, presumably, the top leagues pay too much to compete with? The English Championship? League 1? Scandinavia??

Would they ever look at a Tommy Wright or a Derek McInnes type - proven in Scotland, but potentially vulnerable in Europe?

I wouldnt rule out the two that you have listed, there proven in our league, relatively cheap which is Lawells preferred option. He however doesnt practice what he preaches by taking a million off us last year.

Deila was a cheap experiment, it appears to not be working out. He's still very young and I wouldn't rule him out being a success elsewhere. I wouldnt be too put off by going for a type like him again however as mentioned before they had him penciled as an assitant initially which would suggest they had doubts he was ready for the job, but no one of note wanted the job in the end.

As for money, half a million minimum plus significant bonuses related to european qualification would be a start.

Still have faith in Ronny. We`ve been poor defensively, but replacing our CBs will do that. Once Boyata and Simunovic get a season behind them we'll be ok. He'll get a chance for the qualifiers next year, just like Lenny did.

Archived