Airdrie vs Peterheid

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The annoying thing with ewb coming in and trying to change formations, style of play, personnel changes in the starting 11, etc, is today along with the next 3 or 4 league games were very very winnable games. By the time these games are by where will we b sitting in the league. It's worrying it's going to take a while for players to grasp what he's trying to do and we could b in a horrible position before he gets his methods across.

Re: emergency loan, who are we going to get that's better than Rohan? Give the lad a chance to get some 1st team experience under his belt. This season was never going to be about the 1st team. TW's priority for the season was getting the academy up and running. As long as the 1st team stay in this division for next season he'll be quite happy. IF and its a big if we get to the promotion playoffs it's a bonus. The sooner we realise that the better.

So it was entirely his fault? All i'm saying is its not all his fault, the setup in front of him did not help! And dont give me that, I seem to remeber mark Ridgers and that clown we had last season being a lot worse than that

The tactics had an impact on his performance, by us sitting so deep it meant every ball Peterhead played into the box was going to be right in top of the keeper. Indeed, they put Jamie Stevenson to right back simply just to put crosses on top of the goalkeeper. That's not really a criticism of the tactics though as with 10 men that is going to happen and is what all teams do.

Our legs were obviously gone with 10 minutes to go, and when we went 3-1 up and to 10 v 10 I think mentally the players switched off thinking they had done the hard part. The combination of both meant the last 10 minutes was a shambles. There was no leadership on the park from what I could see. No matter how good a shift the players put in before that, to lose 3 goals in 6 minutes when 10 v 10 is ridiculous.

Oh do calm the fcuk down what do you expect from a game where we spent most of the game with ten men and no striker? Team did fine today but th way they were being told play there was only ever going to be one outcome, playing with no clear out ball and playing in a straight line of 8 players will simply never work, prunty should have replaced morgan straight away

If I need advice on relaxation I will ask Wee man.

As for what I expect? I expect a group of trained professionals to be able to see out a 2 goal lead against 10 man for 10 mins.

Possibly big couple of games. All depends on what Parry was sent off for. If it was violent conduct or serious foul play he's looking at a 2 game ban. I would think it would just be denying a clear goalscoring opportunity but you just don't know with that tosser.

I don't know the latest rules and referee direction but I don't understand how he denied him a goal scoring opportunity- he got his head to it before there was contact and he put it wide. He got his opportunity and he missed it.

I don't know the latest rules and referee direction but I don't understand how he denied him a goal scoring opportunity- he got his head to it before there was contact and he put it wide. He got his opportunity and he missed it.

That was my thought at the time, the reason it was a foul was because the ball was away before he made contact, which means he can't have denied anything. If it was given for that it was 100% wrong. It may have been for dangerous play as he absolutely clattered him though, in which case he may have been right, would need to see the contact again.

I don't normally miss a chance to put the boot into Jamie Bain but on this occasion I will defend him.

I don't think the full backs were particularly at fault today. I concede that 90%of their attacks came down the wings but I thought that was more because as we went down to 10 men we narrowed the shape of the side to reduce the free space that would inevitably result.

by pulling the full backs in towards the centre then you dictate what space we would allow them to play in- down the wings where the threat is not as imminent.

Celtic did a similar thing g against Barca when they beat them by playing their full backs far closer to the centre halfs and conceding space to Barca in a less threatening area.

We defended further up the park at 2 - 1 with 10 v 11 than we did when we went 3 - 1 up v 10, that exposed the full backs but there was no problem on our left as very little came that way.

Bain is never a right back, he was beaten every time when we started defending on our own 18yd line, that put the pressure on the centre backs as the ball was coming in from behind them.

Lots of criticism for the keeper who "lost 4 goals", one was a penalty FFS and he kept us in it just before we got our 3rd with a couple of cracking saves, too easy to blame the young keeper who was let down by those in front of him.

Really feel sorry for Cox who put in another excellent shift and Morgan who was cynically taken out of the game when he was playing really well.

Not to use him as an excuse but the Ref was awful, how he could judge the foul on Morgan as not a goal scoring chance early on is inexplicable, it's a straight red, end of.

Seconds before the foul that ended Morgans game, a similar foul on him saw the ref give it the other way, he then farcically at a throw in blew his whistle and told the Peterhead player to go back the 15yds he stolen, the player just took the throw anyway and the ref did nothing! The icing on the cake was when he gave a free kick for a deliberate hand ball but didn't book the player.

Close calls that are wrong by the ref are part and parcel of the game, I can't comment on Parry's red as it was hard to call but other decisions were just blatantly incompetent.

If the game had finished after 87 minutes I would have said that was the most impressive performance of the season. Both Cox and Cadden were immense.

However we collapsed with a few minutes to go and will now probably go down as one of the most disappointing.

At the end of the day the referee is to blame for this game. Morgan gets dragged down while through on goal and the defender doesn't get sent off, then 2 minutes later Parry gets sent off for, in my opinion, a challenge that warranted a yellow at worst.

Before the sending off we looked fairly comfortable and even when we went down to ten Peterhead looked liked they could go all day without equalising.

On to the next one, it's now extremely important we win this now.

Archived