Goodwill to all men

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't know you were a Morrissey/Smiths fan, Grimbo. Sorry mate, can only assume you're tone deaf.

Your task for next year, should you decide to accept it, is to redeem yourself in my estimation. Consistently good or humorous performance on here might do it, but to be honest a few purple drinking-vouchers would do the trick.

The Smiths were brilliant, to me it's the words as much as the music. But I'm prepared to sample other types of entertainment. What does Rudi's suggest I should try out?

Those! I don't have any recollection of being a those. What is a those?

Yourbaby-riding-plane-1024x473.jpg answer will only be taken 2 ways.

or

can't find a PICTURE!

I was replying whilst on public transport but arrived before posting. It must have self posted in my pocket in it's unfinished state. See completed post X

The Smiths were brilliant, to me it's the words as much as the music. But I'm prepared to sample other types of entertainment. What does Rudi's suggest I should try out?

sorry, but I can't get past "I would go out tonight, but I haven't got a stitch to way-hare"; "This Charming Man" sums 'em up for me as mournful dirgemasters I'm afraid. Only thing I ever enjoyed of theirs was that "Hang The DJ" chorus, and even that was only when knobs like Dave Lee Travesty and Gary Davies were playing it. Maybe their lyrics were poetic, I don't know; the music was such that I really never listened to them.

As for alternatives, well, it's all very subjective, each to his own and that, but stuff like Led Zeppelin, Robert Plant, Eagles, Chris Rea, Eric Clapton, Rod Stewart, Dire Straits, Mark Knopfler's solo work, Cat Stevens, Robert Cray, KT Tunstall, Neil Young, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, Carly Simon, Little Feat, Doobie Brothers, Mike Oldfield, the Who, the Beach Boys, Peter Gabriel, Mika, the Beatles, Pink Floyd, Paul Weller and a variety of blues and classical stuff would keep me more than happy most of the time.

As for "other types of entertainment", see the "Throbber's sock" posts above....... ;)

sorry, but I can't get past "I would go out tonight, but I haven't got a stitch to way-hare"; "This Charming Man" sums 'em up for me as mournful dirgemasters I'm afraid. Only thing I ever enjoyed of theirs was that "Hang The DJ" chorus, and even that was only when knobs like Dave Lee Travesty and Gary Davies were playing it. Maybe their lyrics were poetic, I don't know; the music was such that I really never listened to them.

As for alternatives, well, it's all very subjective, each to his own and that, but stuff like Led Zeppelin, Robert Plant, Eagles, Chris Rea, Eric Clapton, Rod Stewart, Dire Straits, Mark Knopfler's solo work, Cat Stevens, Robert Cray, KT Tunstall, Neil Young, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, Carly Simon, Little Feat, Doobie Brothers, Mike Oldfield, the Who, the Beach Boys, Peter Gabriel, Mika, the Beatles, Pink Floyd, Paul Weller and a variety of blues and classical stuff would keep me more than happy most of the time.

As for "other types of entertainment", see the "Throbber's sock" posts above....... ;)

Stay on topic, please.

Tidings,

Prides.

Isn't the Smiths all about teenage angst, which then turns into middle aged angst as Smith fans grow older.

I'm worried about a spate of suicides in about 10 - 15 years.

Isn't the Smiths all about teenage angst, which then turns into middle aged angst as Smith fans grow older.

I'm worried about a spate of suicides in about 10 - 15 years.

Oh Granny such a schoolboy sorry girl error.

If you actually listen to the lads lyrics you'd wet yer drawers giggling.

Glad tidings

Grimbo

Oh Rudi, I've only seen 1 out of your list...

e505baf0.jpg

Not sure I'd want to see any of the others, crikey.

Grimbo

Oh Granny such a schoolboy sorry girl error.

If you actually listen to the lads lyrics you'd wet yer drawers giggling.

Glad tidings

Grimbo

I have occasionally and not been impressed.

A bit like reading your posts.

Thinking of ones gone. There's been a few Spartans folk that are no longer with us.

Going to raise a large glass of Pinot Grigio to the memory of our P&B Wheely Jim. Can't believe it's 6 years since he passed.

Gone but not forgotten

Grimbo

Merry christmas to departed P&B poster and Dundee fan Dave Coaches

A big loss to the forum :(

This would be amusing if you didn't already have a history of talking to yourself.

Certifiable behaviour.

I'll take this opportunity to wish Addie a Merry Christmas, I hope he manages to finish his Christmas dinner better than he manages to finish a countdown thread. Also please stop abusing me via Facebook, thank you.

Some really terrible acts listed in that post.

Archived