Hearts v Celtic 27.12.15

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Juanma suspended, and there's talk of Reilly starting up front with Sow.

If we're toiling, I could see us bringing on McGhee at right back, and moving big Calum up front.

Alexander

Patterson - Augutyn - Rossi - Oshaniwa

King - Buaben - Djoum - Gomis - Nicholson

Sow

Subs: Hamilton, McGhee, Pallardo, Swanson, Reilly Ozturk, Zannata

We really need to sign a striker next month.

Wonder if Levein would take a punt on Goodwillie? Got the best football of his career out of him at Utd - loan deal could appeal to all parties.

Would Aberdeen want to loan him out to arguably their main rivals at the moment? Plus I think McInnes was saying he was expecting interest in Rooney in January.

Aberdeen's main rivals are Celtic, m8.

I did say arguably.

I could see Goodwillie at Hearts eventually, although considering what their building at the moment, he has the makings of a an expensive washed up waster, which Levein may have seen glimpses of at Dundee Utd.

Juanma suspended, and there's talk of Reilly starting up front with Sow.

If we're toiling, I could see us bringing on McGhee at right back, and moving big Calum up front.

Alexander

Patterson - Augutyn - Rossi - Oshaniwa

King - Buaben - Djoum - Gomis - Nicholson

Sow

Subs: Hamilton, McGhee, Pallardo, Swanson, Reilly Ozturk, Zannata

We really need to sign a striker next month.

Spot on.

I'd actually quite like to see Paterson upfront tomorrow.

McGhee is capable at right back (excluding that minor error against Aberdeen) and Paterson's physicality could cause the Celtic defence some problems.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35175935

Hearts: Robbie Neilson plots victory against Celtic

Hearts boss Robbie Neilson believes Sunday's clash against league leaders Celtic will provide a good spectacle as both sides "want to play football".

The Edinburgh club, in third place in the Premiership, face Celtic at the beginning of a "hectic schedule".

"These are great games to be involved in because you can play football in them," Neilson told BBC Scotland.

"I expect it to be a tactical game. If we get a result then it brings us closer to the top of the league."

Hearts, with three draws and a defeat in their last four league games, will be aiming to halt that winless run at Tynecastle.

"Since I've been the manager here the best we've got is a draw against [Celtic]. I'd like to try to get three points," said Neilson.

Best of luck to the Jambos the 'morrow. ;)

I was there that day at Tynecastle and saw this from the Main Stand, incredible. Still right up there as one of my favourite matches of all time that I had been to.

Archived