Raith v Alloa

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All that can go wrong now is the weather. It would a nice to get a home game on Boxing Day for the first time in 20 years.

Seriously? I was moaning about not being at home this year, but you're welcome to it if that's the case.

Seriously? I was moaning about not being at home this year, but you're welcome to it if that's the case.

I'm pretty sure the last time we played a game at home on Boxing Day was against Airdrie in 1995.

We've played quite a few away games on Boxing Day. Last one I attended was Morton away in 2005, or possibly 2006.

So every 10 years for me.

Edit: just checked and the Airdrie home game was actually on Boxing Day 1994, so 21 years. The Morton game I attended was on Boxing Day 2005.

Had a look through our fixture list and surprised to see the last game I was at was the Hibs game in October. Quite looking forward to getting back to Starks for a game. Relatively confident we can get the 3 points but also mindful that the 2nd half against QOS and 1st half against Morton were absolutely brutal. I know folk are harping on about our 2nd half against Morton with some comments of 'fantastic', 'great', 'tremendous' - personally I feel the word 'ok' summed it up. Would like to see McKinnon give Toshney a break (we might have no option), he was clearly not 100% for the Morton game but McKinnon chanced it anyway. Bates came on and did ok, not really the performance people are fawning over but he's an option at least.

I can't wait for this, I'll need to defrost a ham bone on the 24th so I can get a decent bowl of home made soup before I go the game.

Good thinking. With your average Wasps fan having the same mentality as Father Barry there is likely to be a run on the catering from the hordes piling through the Fife barrier.

A nice wee away day is preferable on Boxing Day anyway. It's easier to smile when forced to mingle with the family members you've purposely avoided all year if you know there's a good day out the next day. You feel like youve earned it.

It's the first time in a while since we have played on Boxing Day. Hopefully JR will have a better understanding of the players in the squad and we can put on a performance.

Score draw 1-1

Yeah surprisingly few on the actual 26th in more recent years despite it being a traditional day for football. Although I tend to look on it as the game between xmas and new year anyway in terms of it being the holidays and everyone being off.

We were scheduled to have a game on Boxing Day back in 2012 but Paul Hartley switched it.

Last one was the brilliant 3-0 win over Elgin in 2011, probably the game we laid down the marker to go on and win the Third Division

We had the 2-2 draw with Livi in our relegation season the previous season when we were 2 up at HT

Last away day Boxing Day game was back in 2007, where the players looked suspiciously hungover ;) when we lost 2 0 going on about 6 or 7 at Airdrie.

Really looking forward to this game after that excellent result at Morton.

This is a great opportunity to create a gap between us and the chasing pack for 4th and is really one of those 'must win games'. I am confident we will pick up the three points with my early prediction being Rovers to win to nil.

Team-wise I am not sure who will play but I would like to see:

Cuthbert

Bates Benedictus Davo McKeown

Anderson Callaghan Robertson Megginson

Stewart and Daly (no-one else is there?)

Think we should try and give Toshney a rest. I also wouldn't mind to see Ross Mathews play instead of Robertson. What is everyone else's thoughts?

C'Mon Roverzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hopefully with the new manager having a bit more time to work with the players we will get a positive result although I say any chance of a positive results depends of Marr is fit or not.

Crawford

Hamilton

Williams/Doyle

Reintam

Doyle/Marr

Bobo

Holmes

Crawford

Duffy

McManus

Hynd

If Marr is fit then 1-2. Marr and Holmes with the goals. Doubt I'll make this one although might take the car through later in the day.

Archived