East Kilbride FC - Gretna 2008

The_Judge

A comfortable and well deserved home victory for EKFC by four goals to one.

EK played all the football and could have been 3 or 4 up by half-time. Gretna continually went for the long hoof and barely came close to scoring until hesitation in midfield allowed the visitors to break from half way with the number 9 remaining strong and composed and finishing well to send the teams in level at the break.

In the second half the home side continued to probe and finally got their reward. Even when they finished the game with 10 men after injury they were still rarely troubled.

My pick of the goals was the third in which Bernard Coll played a major part, he laid the ball back 30 yards out and demanded the return...it took a while but he got it and then cut in from the left hand side of the box to put in on a plate.

Coll was my man of the match followed by Jack Smith and then Michael Morris who came on just before half time but then didn't put a foot wrong.

A comfortable and well deserved home victory for EKFC by four goals to one.

EK played all the football and could have been 3 or 4 up by half-time. Gretna continually went for the long hoof and barely came close to scoring until hesitation in midfield allowed the visitors to break from half way with the number 9 remaining strong and composed and finishing well to send the teams in level at the break.

In the second half the home side continued to probe and finally got their reward. Even when they finished the game with 10 men after injury they were still rarely troubled.

My pick of the goals was the third in which Bernard Coll played a major part, he laid the ball back 30 yards out and demanded the return...it took a while but he got it and then cut in from the left hand side of the box to put in on a plate.

Coll was my man of the match followed by Jack Smith and then Michael Morris who came on just before half time but then didn't put a foot wrong.

They back in the hunt for the title? See the manager saying in the D and G press that it's beyond them and in his opinion Stirling's to lose.

It looked as though Gretna had a really under strength team out today.

Not there, but I wonder if it was the only players we could get.

Dissent in the ranks?

Old Committee resigned,including Cicero.

New one elected.

Word I hear is some members of the old and founding members are worried about the future off the Club.

Not there, but I wonder if it was the only players we could get.

Dissent in the ranks?

Old Committee resigned,including Cicero.

New one elected.

Word I hear is some members of the old and founding members are worried about the future off the Club.

Usual keeper wasn't in, no Longcake either from what I gather? Apparently there was only 3 on the bench as well?

Usual keeper wasn't in, no Longcake either from what I gather? Apparently there was only 3 on the bench as well?

Three on bench not unusual at this time of year with it being the last Saturday before Christmas and some travel involved but seems worrying times for gretna.

As one sided a game as I have seen in a long time ,ek biggest problem in the first half was complacency , Gretna had one player (no9 Ian Anderson ) but left to do it all on his own ,could have scored a couple in first half when Barry Russell gifted him the ball. BJ best for ek in a game that's was far to easy

• 2 weeks later...

Archived