Jimmy hill

pub car king

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure that song was on the go long before the 1982 World Cup.

He was in the stadium for the Brazil game, and after the match when the BBC went to him for a live link, he had a Scotland scarf round his neck. His explanation was that two Scotland fans had just walked past, and, to paraphrase slightly "one of them questioned my sexuality and the other one gave me his scarf".

"So you're a poof, aye? Never mind, son, this will set you right" :lol:

If old firm fans went on line in the immediate aftermath of the death of someone associated with the other side the Daily Record would have a story about it on their website. Twitter and facebook would be outraged, the Scottish parliament would be considering introducing some new draconian law and the police would be investigating it. Yet, when the boot is on the other foot and its the loveable tartan army that are mocking deaths then it is perfectly acceptable.

Same as there was never a word of criticism at the homophobic chants directed at Jimmy Hill. One rule for one, and another rule for others.

Dry yer fucking eyes.

Cool story, bro.

In other news, surely clubs ought to be able to petition Div to have their names removed from the profiles of roasters who clearly aren't fans of their proclaimed clubs?

If I was going to "pretend" to support a club other than the one I support I can assure you I would choose someone a tad more glamorous than Airdrie you complete mug.

If old firm fans went on line in the immediate aftermath of the death of someone associated with the other side the Daily Record would have a story about it on their website. Twitter and facebook would be outraged, the Scottish parliament would be considering introducing some new draconian law and the police would be investigating it. Yet, when the boot is on the other foot and it’s the loveable tartan army that are mocking deaths then it is perfectly acceptable.

Same as there was never a word of criticism at the homophobic chants directed at Jimmy Hill. One rule for one, and another rule for others….

That's a quality bit of trolling, good work lad.

If only those same draconian laws could investigate cuddly Jimmy's xenophobic anti-scots diatribes?

Except, who'd want that sort of legislation but tedious c***s and pointless internet trolls?

:wub:

Davie Narey's goal against Brazil in 82. Hill described it as a toe poke, the tartan army didn't like it, the song was born.

Thing is, if we are all really honest.....it was a toe poke.

I think it goes back further than that, to the invasion of Wembley. Hill called the Scots that invaded the pitch after the win a disgrace and wanted us banned. The Narey goal just added the general ill-feeling.

As time passed, the ill feeling on both sides disappeared.

That's a quality bit of trolling, good work lad.

If only those same draconian laws could investigate cuddly Jimmy's xenophobic anti-scots diatribes?

Except, who'd want that sort of legislation but tedious c***s and pointless internet trolls?

:wub:

Post some examples of his "anti-Scots diatribe" because I have certainly never heard nor read it.

I think it goes back further than that, to the invasion of Wembley. Hill called the Scots that invaded the pitch after the win a disgrace and wanted us banned.

Another example of the loveable tartan army being given the benefit of ridiculous double standards.

Scotland fans invade Wembley's pitch and break the cross bars and it is celebrated by the Scottish media for 30 years.

Airdrie fans invade somerset park and break the bar and 3 fans have their Christmas dinner in prison.

Post some examples of his "anti-Scots diatribe" because I have certainly never heard nor read it.

"All Jocks are c***s" - Jimmy Hill, May 1974.

"The Scots can lick my fucking rim" - Jimmy Hill, February 1984.

"I would nuke Scotland if I could." - Jimmy Hill, April 1993.

"Bunch of ginger headed, skirt wearing wankers" - Jimmy Hill, October 2006.

"Where am I again?" - Jimmy Hill, November 2015.

:lol::lol::lol:

Another example of the loveable tartan army being given the benefit of ridiculous double standards.

Scotland fans invade Wembley's pitch and break the cross bars and it is celebrated by the Scottish media for 30 years.

Airdrie fans invade somerset park and break the bar and 3 fans have their Christmas dinner in prison.

If only they kept you locked in the prison permanently

Off to the bad fire with you :lol:

Got to laugh at the morons that post on here. A man dies, instantly people celebrate and mock his passing as he said something they didn’t like 30 years ago and supported a team they didn’t like- but I am the troll…. :lol:

Who's celebrating? It's been treated exactly the same way as any other celebrity death on here, I think it's in pretty poor taste but it's nothing to do with the fact he was English no matter how much you want that to be the case.

Archived