Scores & scorers Sat 19th Dec.

Larky55

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could complain about Mr Napier as well today but tbh Glens were worthy winners . Started off well but Glens came into it & scores a cracker for the 1st. Better team the 2nd half as well without creating a helluva lot then Glens got a very soft pen for the 2nd. Wee Stramash at the end with the away teams captain gettin a red after an altercation with an older gentleman which I didn't see . Glens look a really good team & not the side who were gettin pumped out the Scottish by Jeanfield

The so called older gentleman spat on Menzies face thats what started the so called stramash

Had the misfortune to see a dreadful game at Petershill. Home side marginally better as they appeared to scrap harder for the points than Beith after they got ahead. Peasie's scored and Beith hit post - that was about it. Would expect both sides sights are set purely on survival and nothing more. Unlikely to return to a an absolutely soulless venue where the clever planners decided to lay a distinctly poor quality carpet on the top of a hill.

Sent from my iPad using Pie & Bovril mobile app

The so called older gentleman spat on Menzies face thats what started the so called stramash

The old fella said he was remonstrating at the referee & Lino . Know a few folk who foam at the mouth when talking lol. He is the grandfather of 1 of our players & very unlikely to do as was said

Get a life.You love to abuse Ally Semple. Why? Is it because Tucker wouldn't pay the Glens what they wanted and you got big Andy from Lugar for nothing. By the way I think Andy is s cracking keeper.Ally only does what he does to wind you half-wits up. Ask your groundsman what damage he actually does. Ally is still the best keeper in the juniors.

Dream on bonecrusher, Ally Simple is a prize tit.

You are correct, he only behaves that way to wind us up and he is very successful at it.

Pity he isn't successful at keeping clean sheets.

Best junior keeper in the juniors, I think not, the best keepers in the juniors go about their business in a professional manner..

Didny see the start of the incident but from where a wiz standing only Craig Menzies and the old guy will Know whit happened. The kilbirnie guy was adamant he didn't spit on Craig ( hopefully he didny) but Craig was convinced he had spat on him. A don't Ken the old guy so canny comment on his character but huvin watched Craig play at glens for last 5 year he is quite a level headed boy and huv never seen him falling oot wi anybody. No sure if more happened in the club house and if Craig got a red card . Just thought everything wiz calmed down very quickly by the officials and committee men, Craig Napier blew his whistle a couple o times , telt everybody to calm down and sent them into the clubhouse , thought that wid be the end of it? PS. Thought it was a right hard game, some effort from both teams!

storm in a tea cup, was defo a lot of effort put in by both teams in a hard fair game, all the best in the next round.

Pollok 1-1 Hurlford

Satisfactory day for both clubs. Goalless 1st half but I thought Pollok were the better side & should have gone in at least a goal in front.

2nd half was a bit more even. Hurlford did what all good sides do, they manufactured a goal out of nothing. A free kick was chipped forward from around the half way line, to Stewart Kean on the 18yd line with his back to goal,he held off a couple of Pollok defenders, rolled the ball to side, where a Hurlford player

smashed the ball home from around 20yds.

Pollok rolled the sleeves up & got themselves a deserved equaliser when Robbie Winters finished off a fine Pollok move by firing the ball high into the Hurlford net from close range at the 3rd attempt.

The officials handled the game very well.

James Creaney, Grant Mitchell, & Ryan Nisbet, did well for Hurlford.

Tom Hanlon, Paul Gallacher, & MOM Findlay Frye were best for Pollok.

Cracking game from the bot today against a decent troon side who played the ball around on the deck IMO the best performance of the season in the league against the best football playing side to visit Beechwood this season bossed the first half took our chances then after half time said bring it on if your good enough ,enjoyed the battle in midfield o the no.8s Spence n hyslop, wouldn't have known they were team mates last year two class acts,thanks lads the way football should be played.

First two yellow cards in the first half on Josh and Monty were bewildering then we had to deal with the thuggery of the cowardly number 8 of Largs headbutting Burns, although wouldn't surprise me if that was a tactical decision from the bench.

You can't seriously think that the league leaders would resort to tactically pass on" headbutt that guy burns "

In over 30 years of following junior football don't think I ever heard that being shouted from a dugout

N is the boss not a police officer tut tut.

Had the misfortune to see a dreadful game at Petershill. Home side marginally better as they appeared to scrap harder for the points than Beith after they got ahead. Peasie's scored and Beith hit post - that was about it. Would expect both sides sights are set purely on survival and nothing more. Unlikely to return to a an absolutely soulless venue where the clever planners decided to lay a distinctly poor quality carpet on the top of a hill.

Sent from my iPad using Pie & Bovril mobile app

I think you do are doing a disservice to both sets of players. Whilst I am happy that peasy got the result I do not think that the game should have gone ahead. I think that we pay our six quid to be entertained by decent honest footballers doing their best, but the conditions did not allow for that today. Referees need to consider whether conditions allow for entertainment and today,s certainly did not. I have heard all of the nonsense about the pitch always being windy but this is complete fallacy and urban myth. Conditions today were no better than two weeks ago when the red put the game off. Well done to both sets of players for their honesty and endeavour today. Stevenson should have had a second for Peasy and some debate about offside for second from Craig.

Pollok 1-1 Hurlford

Satisfactory day for both clubs. Goalless 1st half but I thought Pollok were the better side & should have gone in at least a goal in front.

2nd half was a bit more even. Hurlford did what all good sides do, they manufactured a goal out of nothing. A free kick was chipped forward from around the half way line, to Stewart Kean on the 18yd line with his back to goal,he held off a couple of Pollok defenders, rolled the ball to side, where a Hurlford player

smashed the ball home from around 20yds.

Pollok rolled the sleeves up & got themselves a deserved equaliser when Robbie Winters finished off a fine Pollok move by firing the ball high into the Hurlford net from close range at the 3rd attempt.

The officials handled the game very well.

James Creaney, Grant Mitchell, & Ryan Nisbet, did well for Hurlford.

Tom Hanlon, Paul Gallacher, & MOM Findlay Frye were best for Pollok.

Pollok will be kicking themselves as they had far more guile than Hurlford and created far more opportunities throughout.

Hurlford were not creating much and when they got a couple of free kicks in promising areas they failed to clear the first defender. However, having scored an excellent goal they knocked the wind from Pollok and were very much in control for the next 10 minutes until their big number 4 sold the pies by being too clever with a free kick inside the Pollok half which, at the third time of asking he passed straight to an opponent. The ball was quickly worked into an attack which brought Pollok back into the game.

You can't seriously think that the league leaders would resort to tactically pass on" headbutt that guy burns "In over 30 years of following junior football don't think I ever heard that being shouted from a dugoutN is the boss not a police officer tut tut.

The half wit Largs manager and his team of cretons were clearly heard challenging Cumnock players to a fight whilst walking off the pitch, as for there number 8 I agree that he could possibly have been under instruction to try and put burns out the game and by that statement I'm not say the manager has told him to head but him , the Largs team were struggling to cope with fact that Cumnock were the far better team

You can't seriously think that the league leaders would resort to tactically pass on" headbutt that guy burns "In over 30 years of following junior football don't think I ever heard that being shouted from a dugoutN is the boss not a police officer tut tut.

If the Largs boss is a police officer, and I bow to your superior knowledge in that area, I think his superiors at Police Scotland would take a dim view of him challenging players to fight on way off the pitch ( which is didn't see/hear) . However, they would definitely be bit concerned about him gesturing to folk in the crowd that he would see them off the pitch/ the other side of tbe barriers

Classy. ........ Not

Never thought I would say this as a Nock fan, but, his assistant " Arnie" looked as if he was embarrassed by Slaven's antics and looked as if he was trying to keep a lid on things

Archived