It's a miracle

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-35129463

So this old wifie cured two terminally ill people through her supernatural intervention.

There must be millions of people involved in medicine who are also practicing Catholics, how can they possibly square there knowledge of medicine with this arrant nonsense? Maybe rather than going through years of medical training they should just become more devout and save lives that way. Probably save a few quid in health spending throughout the world too.

Sarcasm aside, how can folk still support a religion that preaches such utter bullshit?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This

If you believe in a God of some form whether it be one of several forms of Christianity or Judeaism or Islam etc etc you should be able to practice your faith, so long as its done so respectfuly without knobs like GD ridiculing it.

If you think religion is horseshit fair enough but basicaly the principles of most religions are the same so why the need, in this instance to decry and mock Catholicism in particular, poking fun at certain other religions would in some cases have you branded a racist or worse, make you a target for extremist half wits

Ermmm no.

No one is talking about personal faith.

If you have seen a news story on the main BBC tonight where serious,supposedly intelligent Protestant or Jewish global figures endorse what is basically magic then by all means bring it to the table.

In the meantime the rest will piss ourselves laughing at the unicorns and three wishes pseudo- mysticism of the Vatican.

All religions are pointless and full of shit.

Why focus on the Catholics? You could probably find similar fables for every religion.

The Mother Theresa story is in the news - that's why Danger is posting about that, specifically.

She's a very very kind lady, but has she performed miracles? Has she f**k!

Righteous indignation from Danger, and my thoughts exactly when I heard it on the radio the day.

Well in, Danger, you old rascal.

The Mother Theresa story is in the news - that's why Danger is posting about that, specifically.

She's a very very kind lady, but has she performed miracles? Has she f**k!

I know why he's posted it, his follow up examples of Doctors and their beliefs is a load of shite though. Every religion believes in miracles, it was a poor example.

I don't care. Jesus isn't real either.

All religions are pointless and full of shit.

Why focus on the Catholics? You could probably find similar fables for every religion.

Yes all religions are pointless and full of shit and as I have often posted before.

I am happy to point to this being yet another example of this.

I would laugh at Albania and Albanians but at least they fucking qualified for fucking Euro 20fucking16.

She was of Albanian stock but was born in Skopje, Macedonia in 1910 which was then part of the Ottoman Empire.

You can laugh at Macedonia as their team got beat 10-0 by Scotland Ladies recently. The successor to the Ottoman Empire, Turkey, have qualified for Euro 2016 though... :geek

Dundee United fans laughing at people who believe a revered figure can help prevent a terrible fate from happening despite sceptics saying there is no evidence of this whatsover..

post-12982-0-63611900-1450487793.jpg

...hmmm......

This

If you believe in a God of some form whether it be one of several forms of Christianity or Judeaism or Islam etc etc you should be able to practice your faith, so long as its done so respectfuly without knobs like GD ridiculing it.

If you think religion is horseshit fair enough but basicaly the principles of most religions are the same so why the need, in this instance to decry and mock Catholicism in particular, poking fun at certain other religions would in some cases have you branded a racist or worse, make you a target for extremist half wits

Thing is, if you believe there's a higher form watching over us, do you believe the bad fire guy is also out there.

Was always spooked by the Devil character ever since i watched the "Death takes a holiday" 1934 film.

This

If you believe in a God of some form whether it be one of several forms of Christianity or Judeaism or Islam etc etc you should be able to practice your faith......without knobs like GD ridiculing it.

Why though?

Why is it okay to laugh at the world view of extreme conspiracy theorists but not those who follow a religion?

Archived