The Force Awakens - Spoiler Thread!

Quentin Taranbino

Thinking about it more and Kylo Ren really is terrific.

As someone else said its really what Anakin should've been in the prequels.

The bit where he speaks to Vader's helmet is fantastic

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In that case, if he is Plagueis, surely there were always 3 rather than 2 - Plageuis, Sidious, and Maul/Dooku/Vader.

Well if Plagueis is assumed dead, he would no longer be a sith in Palpatine's mind. He would then take up his apprentice as normal.

How did BB8 get up the steps in to Maz Kanata's place?

:lol:

A) Han Solo picked him and carried him. B) Finn booted him up the steps. C) He flew up using some kind of astromech contraption D) His rotating body gathers enough momentum to go up steps.

If VIII picks up where VII left off then you could have a scenario of Rey and Ren being trained concurrently. Other possible directions they could go in would be a shamed Phasma - who betrayed the First Order by lowering the shields - going after Finn to redeem herself. Literally Boba Fett rebooted. And then some sort of development of the Republic capital system being blown up - with the First Order superweapon going supernova perhaps there's a stand-off.

Just back on Snoke, there were a few quotes from Andy Serkis months ago in which he said:

Supreme Leader Snoke is quite an enigmatic character, and strangely vulnerable at the same time as being quite powerful. Obviously he has a huge agenda. He has suffered a lot of damage. As I said, there is a strange vulnerability to him, which belies his true agenda, I suppose.

He’s a new character in this universe. It is very much a newly-introduced character. He’s aware of what’s gone on, in the respect that he has been around and is aware of prior events. I think it’d be fair to say that he is aware of the past to a great degree.

[On being CG] The scale of him, for instance, is one reason. He is large. He appears tall. And also just the facial design – you couldn’t have gotten there with prosthetics. It’s too extreme. Without giving too much away at this point, he has a very distinctive, idiosyncratic bone structure and facial structure. You could never have done it [in real life.]

In terms of his size, I've seen it said he is tall (7ft) but not a giant. The hologram makes him much bigger than he is. For filming apparently, they did purt Serkis that high up to make it easier for Gleeson and Driver to interact with him.

Nothing Serkis says rules out Plagueis (the line about "new/newly introduced" is ambiguous - when the Emperor appeared in ESB, was that the first time or do we count Tarkin's passing mention of him on the Death Star). It's not a universally popular idea and maybe it won't happen. However, he clearly is in a bad way physically, is strong in the Dark Side... http://www.starwars.com/databank/supreme-leader-snoke and even the actor playing him acknowledges that he has 'been around' and is 'aware of prior events'.

Well if Plagueis is assumed dead, he would no longer be a sith in Palpatine's mind. He would then take up his apprentice as normal.

:lol:

A) Han Solo picked him and carried him. B) Finn booted him up the steps. C) He flew up using some kind of astromech contraption D) His rotating body gathers enough momentum to go up steps.

We saw him going downstairs so maybe he can go up too!

mizfit, on 20 Dec 2015 - 14:41, said:

Some of Finns lines are brilliant like.

"You got a family, a boyfriend? Cute boyfriend?"

"I'm kinda a big deal"

Both had me chuckling away :lol:

My personal favourite was this exchange.

"I've never seen The Resistance before."

"Well, this is what we look like."

haha just read JJ Abrams' explanation for Artoo's sudden awakening - BB8 asked Artoo if he had the rest of the map - which he did as he'd downloaded the location of all Jedi Temples off the Death Star in A New Hope! It took him the rest of the film to reboot, hence the delay.

Could be bull to delay questions of 'is Rey Luke's daughter?' because I prefer the idea that Luke had chosen the moment when he wanted to be found.

My personal favourite was this exchange.

"I've never seen The Resistance before."

"Well, this is what we look like."

I liked this one;

"We'll use the Force!"

"That's not how the Force works!"

Yeah I laughed quite frequently throughout this film. I have seen the originals that often that you forget the humour in the films. I can't remember laughing at all in the prequels. Apart from Jar Jar getting kicked in the nuts.

I loved it, I was completely enthralled from the start. I thought Kylo Ren / Adam Driver was fantastic, loved his rage and vulnerability. All the new characters were great, really want to know more about them which is a good sign.

Surely Rey is the daughter of Luke? I loved that the film had more questions than answers, so much to discuss and dissect!

Went to see it tonight, enjoyed but at the same time was disappointed that it is almost a carbon copy of New Hope. The new characters were all great but how many times is the Empire / First Order going to build a massive planet destroying weapon just for the Rebellion to below it up?

Will be interesting to see where they go from here. I really hope they don't copy the original trilogy and have Kylo change to the light side by killing Snoke at the end of the 3rd film. In the next film, I would like to see Kylo tormented over what he done to Han and come over to the Rebellion.

The CGI creatures were all crap again. Was hoping they would stick with puppets, masks etc.

Archived