Partick Thistle v Ross County 19/12/15

The key is getting midfield right on the day. Osman and Bannigan are obvious choices when fit. The debate is on Welsh. I haven't seen him much this season but I do think he lacks purpose and pace in his game during this spell. Whether he gets is back I'm sure we're all unsure. Archie likes him but I think Fraser is currently the better and more positive player. His purpose in passing and quick play is maybe needed when playing teams like Dundee and County. Welsh has an important period through Christmas and New Year as he just doesn't seem back to his best.

Amoo also is bang average. If it was me Muirhead gives you a bit more and can score goals and if fit I'd give him the nod. Lawless also love playing County. He has a good record against them.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Muirhead in for Amoo would also be my only change, unless Fraser is fit then I'd have him start over Welsh. Amoo hasn't impressed me at all, his main asset is his pace which he seems shit scared to use, as if everyone in the stadium will disintegrate if they witness him run a little faster.

Obviously would be nice to get 4 in a row but wouldn't be unhappy with a draw, County are doing well this season.

A FANtastic idea from partick thistle, they are going to be trialing a live radio commentary feed on our match at Firhill on Saturday. It's obviously intended for partick supporters but I think it's a great initiative and offers live covereage to those who can't make the journey. biggrin.gif

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2015-2016/decembe...oss_county?

Friday 18th December 2015 at 10:00

We will again be offering a live audio commentary trial of tomorrow’s game against Ross County.
Joining the commentary team of Raymond Stark and Craig Walker will be Thistle managing director Ian Maxwell, who, of course, played for both Thistle and County during his lengthy career. At haltime our commentary duo will take the opportunity to grill him about his career
Once again, we would emphasise that this service is still in a trial phase so we cannot guarantee that we will not encounter teething issues as demand on the service increases. Please rest assured though, that our media team will be working hard to make sure everyone has an enjoyable listening experience.
Shortly before kick off tomorrow, an Audio Commentary tab will appear on the homepage of the website(just next to where the text commentary option is). Simply click the link to the audio commentary page and press play on the media player and it should automatically play for you. Should you be using a device which is slightly older, or if you have trouble connecting to the primary stream, you should try our alternative player which is clearly marked on the webpage. The link to the stream will also be published on Twitter and Facebook.
This is a service we are looking to roll out for every first team match so we would appreciate any genuine feedback that supporters have after the game to help us improve the PTFC audio commentary experience

For what it's worth I'd like to see us line up like this:

---------------------Fox
Foster-----Robertson---Davies-----Reckord

Gardyne------Irvine------Woods-----De Vita

------------Curran------Boyce

Subs Woods, Fraser, Murdoch, Quinn, Dingwall, Franks, Scalke

The County to edge it, 1-2 smile.gif

It's been on trial for the last few games and works well, if the main link stops to work there's a few alternative links that have always worked.

Although obviously the commentators may show a bit of bias I'd reckon it's still worth trying out for opposition fans that can't make the game as they tend to be fair and are quite happy to admit when we're playing terribly or the opposition are playing well. It's an improvement on Open All Mics at the very least.

It's actually been on trial since very early on in the season, at first in very limited numbers and for the past few games to anyone. There are some bugs but overall it has been great. I would guess that once all the bugs are gone it will end up on a subscription or pay as you go service, or part of our TAG scheme.

It's been on trial for the last few games and works well, if the main link stops to work there's a few alternative links that have always worked.

Although obviously the commentators may show a bit of bias I'd reckon it's still worth trying out for opposition fans that can't make the game as they tend to be fair and are quite happy to admit when we're playing terribly or the opposition are playing well. It's an improvement on Open All Mics at the very least.

Actually think the commentators are pretty unbiased. Was listening to the Dundee Utd game and they were admitting that the ref was awarding us pretty soft free kicks, and that United had a good shout for a penalty, they've been pretty fair when talking about the game. It's far better than the likes of Celtics anyway where every opposition tackle is a red card.

Actually think the commentators are pretty unbiased. Was listening to the Dundee Utd game and they were admitting that the ref was awarding us pretty soft free kicks, and that United had a good shout for a penalty, they've been pretty fair when talking about the game. It's far better than the likes of Celtics anyway where every opposition tackle is a red card.

This. They were pretty much calling it as they saw it during the utd game, thought it was good overall. Mine cut out in the 2nd half but i eventually got an alternative link working.

Archived