St Johnstone v Heart of Midlothian

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You say you struggle versus ten men, do you think that's because you aren't used to teams sitting in and saints having to force the game?

We didnt struggle at all yesterday against ten men, we dominated the ball and created numerous clear cut chances, the only struggle was actually finishing off the chances.

The possession was very equal, you had more long range effort but most of those were off target.

Pretend you were dominant all you like.

Yes if it was as simple as possession = dominance.

It wasn't, we created a lot more chances than you and forced your keeper into a lot more saves than ours. To imply that saints didn't dominate that game is incredibly short sighted, whether it was because Hearts had a man less or not.

The possession was very equal, you had more long range effort but most of those were off target.

Pretend you were dominant all you like.

Seeing as you've got all the stats to hand, can you tell me what percentage of the possession was in Hearts half?

Its fairly obvious we were controlling the match in the second half, to suggest otherwise is you either being so desperate to troll you're willing to throw away any remnants of credibility, or you not actually being at the match.

This isn't specifically related to yesterday but kind of comes off the back of the criticism of Fisher and before him Shaughnessy. Saints have conceded 33 goals this season. Alarmingly maybe, 11 of them have been from set play (or penalty) situations but that leaves 22 goals. If you look at the area of the pitch from where they originate, 8 come though the centre but then 12 from the right (i.e. our left side) and just 2 from the left, Dundee's second on the counter at Dens, from our corner, and Killie's first at Rugby Park when an injured Fisher didn't prevent a cross.

Why is Brian Easton getting such an easy ride this season, yet Shaughnessy and Fisher have a notable number of detractors?

It's pretty clear you weren't at the game and are just looking at stats. Probably best just shoosht TBH.

Im not even sure we had a shot from outwith the box outside Eastons effort tbh, making his "long range" speel a bit embarrassing.

Stats for the Scottish game are pretty unreliable I find, maybe highlighted by fact I'm looking at ones for yesterday's game which give Saints 58% of possession and 17 shots on goal. They can obviously be a useful tool but generally just opening your eyes and watching the game is a better option I think. If you were there, obviously.

You seem upset. You couldn't break down 10 men. I don't have a clue what the percentage was, I'm sure you can tell us tho.

We clearly did break down ten men though, thanks to the fact we had about four or five clear chances with just the keeper to beat, we simply couldnt finish through a combination of dreadful shooting and tremendous goalkeeping. Please continue with this though, Im interested to see if you continue getting further from the truth.

Where did I say I wasn't at the game? Be specific now. Do you write down stats at games you go to? Do you even go to games?

What end did Hearts shoot into in the first half? And where did the red card incident happen?

How would I know what your stands are called.

Theres a fairly easy way to differentiate them from a Hearts fans perspective tbh...

This isn't specifically related to yesterday but kind of comes off the back of the criticism of Fisher and before him Shaughnessy. Saints have conceded 33 goals this season. Alarmingly maybe, 11 of them have been from set play (or penalty) situations but that leaves 22 goals. If you look at the area of the pitch from where they originate, 8 come though the centre but then 12 from the right (i.e. our left side) and just 2 from the left, Dundee's second on the counter at Dens, from our corner, and Killie's first at Rugby Park when an injured Fisher didn't prevent a cross.

Why is Brian Easton getting such an easy ride this season, yet Shaughnessy and Fisher have a notable number of detractors?

Actually , I think Easton has had a bit of stick , but for some reason it seems to be mostly during games and also just quietly said between supporters. Plenty of us have been saying his form is not nearly as good as last term but hardly anyone has gone online and said it (me included). The fact is he has been toasted by quite a few opposition forwards this season. Shauggnessy and Fisher are maybe suffering from playing in a role that Dave MacKay has done so well in in recent years. They are perhaps being measured against Dave at his best, where as Easton is not being compared to anyone..

Good points.

Shaughnessy seems like a solid and reliable right back to me so might get criticism from some simply because he's not Dave Mackay. I've been quite happy with his contributions so far.

Fisher has had some poor performances,generally in midfield, so I think that is going against him. Also the perception that Saints are ultimately developing a Celtic player. I've no issue with this as we have benefited from other clubs developing May and Kane most recently.

If Easton, like Anderson and Mackay, is pretty much exempt from criticism it's probably down to the fact that he's been consistently excellent up till now. This season so far has been his poorest imo.

Have you been it drinking all night? You seem very upset that someone doesn't agree with your view of a game.

Nice attempt at deflecting.

Care to answer where on the pitch Juanma was sent off yet? Seeing as you don't know how to separate the two stands at either end of the pitch despite the massive difference in them. Or will you just admit you didnt actually go yet?

So people can only have an opinion on something that have seen?

In terms of a football match, yeah. Please try and compare watching a football match to something completely unrelated like Hitler/Nazis or something though, that would be tremendous.

Archived