St Johnstone v Heart of Midlothian

Before today Maclean had taken 6 penalties for Saints and missed 3 of them. Why on earth was he still our first choice pen taker? It's not as if there was no one else on the pitch who could take one, both Kane and Liam I would trust far more from the spot.

Thought we actually played quite well and that's one of our better displays against 10 men under Wright. More composure in front of goal from Murray Davidson in particular and that would have been a pretty comfortable win even with the penalty miss. Hearts did defend well though.

On an other note, what an absolute waste of time the first twenty minutes were. Two teams punting the ball back and forward with absolutely no penetration at all. Game only started to heat up when that w**k stuck the head into Wotherspoon

This post is very good.

Tell me, do you rate Tommy Wright?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some dece saves from Alexander.

c**t.

MacLean is a legend but needs to let Liam take the pens.

This is the sort of post that could only be written by a Saints fan. Liam is a brilliant player in three positions but should be nowhere near a penalty. Neither should Cup Tie.

This is the sort of post that could only be written by a Saints fan. Liam is a brilliant player in three positions but should be nowhere near a penalty. Neither should Cup Tie.

Has Liam ever missed a penalty for us?

Just checked, stats have him scoring 12/16, with Macca at 3/6

My hopeless memory believes Tommy has only once beaten a 10 man opposition. This is because he doesn't get tactics.

The mark of the man was his comments to Saints TV. I'm paraphrasing but he said something like you've got be quick, switch the ball and move them about.

All of that is true.

He played Sutton and Macca up top, though.

Wonder if he has a problem with anyone at the club. Wonder if likes the socks worn by the groundsman. Wonder if he likes Jason Cummings.

Wonder if any manager in the top flight could have failed to beat 10 man Hearts with our squad today.

Steve could surely nip into the pub and get Dick Campbell's number. Failing that, I'd honestly take LVG over Tommy.

We should be fighting for the league right now, not languishing.

My hopeless memory believes Tommy has only once beaten a 10 man opposition. This is because he doesn't get tactics.

The mark of the man was his comments to Saints TV. I'm paraphrasing but he said something like you've got be quick, switch the ball and move them about.

All of that is true.

He played Sutton and Macca up top, though.

Wonder if he has a problem with anyone at the club. Wonder if likes the socks worn by the groundsman. Wonder if he likes Jason Cummings.

Wonder if any manager in the top flight could have failed to beat 10 man Hearts with our squad today.

Steve could surely nip into the pub and get Dick Campbell's number. Failing that, I'd honestly take LVG over Tommy.

We should be fighting for the league right now, not languishing.

I hope TW pumps your wife

I'm confused that you seem to approve of Juanma being dropped for a daft offence but not McGhee

I've not seen Juanma's offence yet but surely it can't be significantly more idiotic than McGhee's? Can it?

I think headbutting (or motioning too, id have to see it again) is more idiotic than the handball.

The amount of times Juanma has been nipping at referees in games hes been shite has made me come to that conclusion, made himself out to be an idiot.

I think he sees himself as the SPFLs answer to diego costa.

Has Liam ever missed a penalty for us?

Just checked, stats have him scoring 12/16, with Macca at 3/6

I'll wager that 9 of his scores were poor efforts. He invariably leaves far too much margin. Lots of success in the old days when keepers, for reasons known only to them, used to second guess.

A good keeper would save most of his.

I admit we don't have a good penalty taker, but in the absence of an accomplished taker it must default to the most natural finisher/striker. Chris Kane is both and was on the pitch. Maybe there's a "belief" within the manager that CAUSEs him to prefer others to Tiffer.

I'll wager that 9 of his scores were poor efforts. He invariably leaves far too much margin. Lots of success in the old days when keepers, for reasons known only to them, used to second guess.

I admit we don't have a good penalty taker, but in the absence of an accomplished taker it must default to the most natural finisher/striker. Chris Kane is both and was on the pitch. Maybe there's a "belief" within the manager that CAUSEs him to prefer others to Tiffer.

I have no idea, whatever it is, its far less risky than Maccas punt it as hard as you can routine.

And wheres this belief Kanes the best finisher come from? He missed an absolute sitter today, if he is our best finisher then it just highlights the dearth of quality in that department.

Coming out with the same tired old pish. Don't just hint. What's your evidence that TW hates Kane?

I have no idea, whatever it is, its far less risky than Maccas punt it as hard as you can routine.

And wheres this belief Kanes the best finisher come from? He missed an absolute sitter today, if he is our best finisher then it just highlights the dearth of quality in that department.

If you watch our players a lot you'll learn. Once you have, do some lessons. Not at Largs obviously....

By the time you've done that, Kano will be at a big club and proving that he's better than May by a long way. Our goals for column suggests your dearth comment is inaccurate.

Coming out with the same tired old pish. Don't just hint. What's your evidence that TW hates Kane?

I'm changing my opinion. I don't think it's anything against Kano, specifically. Not giving you anymore. Do your own research. You have much more access than I.

I'm changing my opinion. I don't think it's anything against Kano, specifically. Not giving you anymore. Do your own research. You have much more access than I.

Nope. I don't email Paul Smith as much as you do.

If you watch our players a lot you'll learn. Once you have, do some lessons. Not at Largs obviously....

By the time you've done that, Kano will be at a big club and proving that he's better than May by a long way. Our goals for column suggests your dearth comment is inaccurate.

The amount of chances we missed in the last two games suggest its accurate.

I would pay good money to watch Stan smack Gordy in the puss repeatedly.

Anyway, Gordy FFS, are you still no getting yer hole laddie?? I thought you were married these days.. If you're no getting any, can I suggest you get doon on yer knees and beg for some because if this situation continues, you are going to break the internet with your pish.

Are you in a gang??

Archived