The Best and Worst of 2015

Best moment nominations: Juanma goal against Dundee, Title Winning game against Queen of the South, Cowdenbeath 10-0, Zeefuik against Rangers to make it 2-2.

Best moment: Despite winning the championship I'm genuinely struggling of too many moments this year where I've genuinely gone tits, the remainder of last season just seemed like a piss take towards Rangers and Hibs. I'll go for the 10-0 Cowdenbeath game since I genuinely don't think that'll happen again in my lifetime, in a league game at least. The Zeefuik goal and Juanma goal are the only ones I feel like I seriously celebrated this year.

Worst moment nominations: 2-0 loss at Easter Road, 3-2 against Hamilton, 3-1 against Aberdeen.

Worst moment: At the same time we've been lucky not to have too many lows in the last year, and the ones i've nominated don't seem that bad in the scheme of things. The 3-2 defeat at Hamilton frustrated me the most mainly because it came on the back of such a good run and it just took the wind right out of us and into a bad spell.

Off the park, the announcement that we'll be staying at Tynecastle and looking at building a new main stand has made me as excited for the future as it was during the early Romanov days.

How was 2015 for you?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best moment: Paul Quinn's winner for Aberdeen against Celtic. Having lost four times to them last season, then going behind to a penalty, then seeing Jonny Hayes sent off, we showed a huge amount of bottle to come back and win that day.

Notable mentions: Beating Rijeka 3-0.

Worst moment: Nadir Ciftci's winner in the League Cup semi-final. We were the better team with a legitimate goal ruled out, then defensive mistakes put us out, and the winning goal - I still don't understand what our goalkeeper was doing.

Frustrating because I think we could have taken Celtic in the final.

Notable mention: The 4-0 defeat at Celtic Park. The semi edges it though because I believed we could win the League Cup again, I didn't in all honesty expect us to win the league.

Best moment : beating Aberdeen in the Scottish. Absolutely pummelled yet swaggered away with a 2:1 win, Bain giving it big licks to the Dorothy's behind him when he tipped McGinns effort onto the bar was excellent.

Worst moment : getting howked 6:2 by a bang average United side. Fucking Mosesnamara left the Deegyptian army for deid.

Best moment - Beating Motherwell to stay up and Taylor being the fucking boss.

Nominations - SOD's goal against United at Tannadice. Doolan scoring 4 against Hamilton. Our form since October.

Worst moment - The ICT Scottish Cup game.

Nominations - Losing to Falkirk in the LC. Our form from August to September.

Best:

5-0 against Motherwell. One of the only bright spots in an awful year.

Worst:

The few weeks where we lost Neil, Andreu and Curier and pissed away our entire season. That led to a dreadful run of no wins in 12 or 13 games and we lost, arguably, our 3 best players that season, 2 of the best players I've seen for us (Andreu and Neil) and our best manager.

Best: Although maybe not as memorable as last year, still a number of high points for Saints fans to savour in 2015. Winning again at Celtic Park and with such a stunning goal marked the start of Danny Swanson making an impact and his influence set us on a run that culminated with Chris Kane racing clear to score the only goal at Pittodrie on the final day, mere seconds after his introduction.

Between the Autumn international breaks this season we came from behind to beat United 2-1 despite playing with ten men for 65 minutes then followed it up by demolishing Aberdeen at Pittodrie. The best moment for me came just before those two games though, with the 3-1 win at Ibrox, the highlight being O'Halloran racing clear to score the third in front of our support. It wasn't the finest Saints performance of the year but has to be tactically one of the best, with extra satisfaction gleaned from, certainly my perception being, that their fans just expected to roll us over.

Worst: Only really two games in my mind here, the meek surrender of the Scottish Cup at Palmerston or the home leg against Alashkert. Queen of the South played well and deserved to beat us and after the previous season, I could live with that one. Going out of Europe in 2014 because of one bad half of football out of eight hurt but not as much as losing to a horrible outfit like Minsk on penalties in 2013. After three Euro campaigns, I think Saints had to be aiming for more this season and although the draw was never as kind as the seeding might have suggested, we had a game we should have been winning.

To lose 1-0 in the circumstances we did in Yerevan wasn't the end of the world but memories of the home leg bring about feelings of frustration as much as disappointment. We couldn't put a strong side out (a midfield containing Scobbie, Brown and Kane) but we got a goal and looked in enough control. The whole tie turned on 9 minutes in the second half. We lost Wright then Anderson to injury (the latter a fractured eye socket from an elbow that went unpunished) then a minute later a long punt over the top sees Scobbie, now in defence, sleeping and McKay missing and they score with one of only two shots on goal. Not that it means much but if we played them tomorrow, I'm almost certain we'd beat them fairly comfortably.

Worst moment. Probably losing to Dundee (since that counts apparently) in 2014, or the other cup exit to the lesser Dundee side.

Best Moment: Actually, the horrifically irritating draw with Kairat at home. An amazing atmosphere and for a 10 minute spell towards the end we were fucking electric. A good day out and beer helped so I hope you'll excuse putting down a draw / aggregate loss. And there's this:

NxEwmqP.gif

Best moment(s): "Battered them, battered them! A class above them." #6-1

Worst: Was going to say going out the LC to Morton but that in turn got Baraclough bulleted which in itself has been quite positive. In terms of games I was at it'd be either the crime against football that was the 1-0 loss to Dundee at Fir Park in February or the complete failure to turn up in a "must win" game at Firhill and getting done 2-0 by Thistle.

Best: 6-2.

Best nominations: Semi-final Vs Aberdeen, that is all our year ended in Fenurary.

Worst: Dow's miss Vs Killie at home, my awaking to how much trouble we are in this season.

Worst nominations: (In hindsight) Derby win last game of the season, how different things could have been had we lost that. Cup final spit roasting. Signing Durnan. Signing everyone else. Feburary-December on and off the park, has just been a shambles. WASC.

Best Moment Contenders : Obviously the Rangers play off games, most of the rest of the year was absolutely dire with the exception of big wins against Hamilton and St. Mirren. Ainsworth's goal in the Accies match was a sight to behold.

Best Moment : Johnson's looping deflected shot, Bell scrambling backwards and falling over and then the loudest roar I think I've ever heard at a football match.

Worst Moment Contenders : Virtually the entire Baraclough reign. The guy was so out of his depth it was embarrassing at times. If you remove 'at times' from the sentence.

Worst Moment : The 0-5 defeat to Accies on an awful, freezing and wet New Years match was one of the worst days in 30 years of going to football.

Best moment - Beating Motherwell to stay up and Taylor being the fucking boss.

Worst moment - The ICT Scottish Cup game.

This for me too.

The following week was my first time in Dingwall so that was also very nice.

We set up wrong in that cup match with Stevenson up top despite having Doolan and Taylor available.

Another low point for me is that we've still not taken a point from Celtic - or even looked close to getting one.

Best:

5-0 against Motherwell. One of the only bright spots in an awful year.

Worst:

The few weeks where we lost Neil, Andreu and Curier and pissed away our entire season. That led to a dreadful run of no wins in 12 or 13 games and we lost, arguably, our 3 best players that season, 2 of the best players I've seen for us (Andreu and Neil) and our best manager.

Couldn't really argue with any of that tbh. The gubbing off Motherwell at Fir Park was also quite a sore one to take considering our dominance in the previous two meetings.

Couldn't really argue with any of that tbh. The gubbing off Motherwell at Fir Park was also quite a sore one to take considering our dominance in the previous two meetings.

That originally made the cut along with the 5-0 at Thistle but just kept with one for good and one for bad.

Archived