#WHYDO

Was reading the local paper at my sisters house over the weekend. Interesting stuff indeed, they did an analysis on a new mattress which is due to be released in 2016. Basically it concluded the following:

Vomit = mattress ruined (dunno why that was in the testing, don't ask me it just was)

Cold fluid (ie. tap water) = medium-term dampness, looking at a 48-72 hour recovery

Hot fluid (coffee, lemsip, gravy) = immediate recovery, although a fabric cleaner would be needed to get rid of odors and stains

Mattress was also given a universal 5* approval for comfort.

Got me thinking, a lot of people go out, have a few beers, maybe a few jaegerbombs and fish bowls and come home pashed. Obviously stumble into bed and wet it (with urine).

Just trying to judge where would this (urine) fit into the testing? Don't think urine is cold, always strikes me as being quite warm. The article however said that vomit outright ruined the mattress because of the % of bacteria. Obviously there's a lot of muck in pee. Just thinking if you were to wet this mattress what the recovery time would be perhaps. Obviously looking to buy a new mattress in 2016 and this one could perhaps tick all the boxes (it was memory foam, I've only ever slept on coiled mattresses).

I reckon my current mattress could sustain anything, but modern memory foam mattresses, despite being way more comfortable are a bit more susceptible to liquid-based damage.

Thoughts?

That's an interesting point but I think it's very difficult to determine. You can look at it 2 ways, someone goes out, 12 pints, bed wet - fair enough. It's when you start drinking Jaegerbombs and red wine that a football turns into a mattress themed hot potato. And I mean HOT POTATO (which in this instance can be classed alongside vomit).

More importantly, how did your date go at the zoo

I was verbally assaulted by a man in spectacles and wasn't allowed to touch the koala bears. Managed to get myself the 2016 Ed zoo calendar though, gave a little hip action and managed to get the last twirl out the vending machine for nothing, so we'll call it a 2-2 draw

I would imagine pish would have a pretty damaging effect on the mattress, there would be a stain that you could never get out and the smell would probably take a few days to go away. Not speaking from experience..

Archived