Away fans visiting Ibrox

Rangers abuse of away fans  

237 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Said it on the match thread - stewards and police all face in towards the away fans. Even those in the stands above are looking down instead of back towards the rangers fans.

Last time I counted 1 steward looking the other way whilst some inbred was giving it nazi salutes and that was it.

I've been hit in the face by a coin years ago when we got the lower broomloan. I've seen plenty coins and pies being thrown over the last couple of seasons so being in that corner makes no difference.

As a club they have no desire to improve things.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread just proves rangers are the most hated club in Scotland. The fact some fans try and defend the behaviour of sections of the rangers support is laughable. If I conducted myself in that manner in the street I would expect a swift visit to the cells, followed by swift slap from my dad when I got home. Do it in ibrox though and apparently it's acceptable. I put the allegations of missile throwing to a die hard rangers fan in my work, his response..........we are all making it up to get at rangers! Wow!

Just had a look at the poll to see who voted where - and guess what, rabid Ringers fan Bennett is in there.......

Apparently yes, he has seen his team play against Rangers at Ibrox this season; no, he hasn't seen any Rangers fans throwing anything at opposition fans, and yes, he has seen fans of his team (opposing Rangers, remember) being ejected from the ground.

Imagine that - a Rangers fan being daft enough to think he wouldn't be noticed dragging his knuckles in the "away" end, and a Rangers fan trying to skew results in favour of his club. Who'd've thunk it??

Ibrox is a vile place to watch football. I first saw Thistle there in the early to mid-90's and the coin throwing and spitting was common back then. More so because the away fans were placed in the lower part of the Broomloan Stand.

As a few posters have already said though, the seethe from the locals can be wonderful and you don't even need to be beating them to get a reaction. We were 3-0 down with ten mins or so left in 03/04 when James Grady stuck away a meaningless consolation goal. The purple faced bigots were going fucking mental. Proper veins popping out of the head material. Hopefully one day we can turn the b*****ds over in their own midden.

I haven't experienced much worse than a couple of pies thrown. The most annoying thing for me is the group of rangers fans to the right of the away section that don't even watch the game, just spend every second of the game trying to wind up away fans, half the time I wonder if they even know when they get a corner or if someone does something exciting. They also seem to treat the guy with the megaphone as some kind of Martin Luther King character, screaming back his every word as if it were gospel. A very strange place to watch football.

When I watch back the beauty of a strike from Will Vaulks at Ibrox theirs a few guys in the Copland throwing arms and going mental at the fact their beloved Gers have lost a goal.

Oh and their fans are ugly as f**k too

They were foaming at the mouth that day. V pleasing. The sub humans that sit next to the away fans should be melted into glue. Absolute riddys

They were foaming at the mouth that day. V pleasing. The sub humans that sit next to the away fans should be melted into glue. Absolute riddys

I think the saddest thing I seen was back in our SPL days and another defeat at Ibrox, a few kids of primary school age who were sat in the Broomloan were seemingly encouraged by their beautiful model like parents to come over to the barrier and call us all the ****** c***s going.

Never usually lost for words at Ibrox but.....

I have a Season ticket for the Broomloan front and located a section away from the visiting support. Whilst I can't deny categorically deny the accusations made I would say that I have most certainly not witnessed any issues.

On most occasions the visiting support is small in numbers and sit to the back under the TV - Police/stewards are located at the corner of the Broomloan rear to prevent any scenario from above (albeit no actual above section to where the normal away support are located.)

On several occasions after the game I have still been around when the away support come out and walk back across to their buses or cars - this is always done in the presence of both police and stewards.

So again I have to say that I genuinely have not witnessed any such incidents at Ibrox - but if these posts are not just malicious mischief making - then the actions described would be very disappointing and hopefully the appropriate authorities take action.

Asked the police/stewards why the young morton boys were not allowed thwir flags in to the ground and thhey said to me they were assessing them, didnt aee the flags inside yet rangers fans manage to get glass bottles in, strange place ibrox

post-63118-14500980468893_thumb.jpg

post-63118-14500980756641_thumb.jpg

Cant see any of the lads flags offending anyone

Archived