Away fans visiting Ibrox

Rangers abuse of away fans  

237 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Only bother I've ever seen was when we pumped them out the League Cup in the 90's. After we went ahead for the 2nd time we were subjected to drinks and coins.

The only surprise was there was 50p and £1 coins included in the barrage. Sign of the times I suppose, money to burn round Ibrox way.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the saddest thing, watching the cycle repeat.

Eat.

Sleep.

Seethe.

Repeat.

I've been to both our games at Ibrox since their collapse and I think the atmosphere, the missiles etc has got worse. There's even more of a skewed sense of injustice about their fans and the fact that their team is horrifically shite adds to this.

Have to say the last time I was at Ibrox the fans in blue were impeccably behaved. We were in the same pubs before the game and the banter was always good natured and usually very funny and to cap it all they were as charming and gracious in victory outside the ground as they were in defeat earlier that season. A real credit to St Johnstone.

i stopped going to away games against the dead, cheaty, sectarian animals years and years ago. Clearly nothing has changed and while Parkhead is a truly woeful matchday experience at least you rarely feel that you might get eaten or murdered for your shoes there. The disgrace is not simply the behaviour, the real black, stinking, phoetid shame is that this has been accepted as the experience for away fans since before I was born.

Cant see any of the lads flags offending anyone

I can, actually.

Many of "the peepel" aren't very good at reading - hence the pictures at the catering outlets, so they can just point'n'grunt their order.

to them, those flags could be saying any number of insulting things, leading to said catering being launched in a fanward direction. Why take the risk?

I can, actually.

Many of "the peepel" aren't very good at reading - hence the pictures at the catering outlets, so they can just point'n'grunt their order.

to them, those flags could be saying any number of insulting things, leading to said catering being launched in a fanward direction. Why take the risk?

Good point.

I did not witness the throwing of stuff, probably because the Neanderthals couldn't quite throw as far as the front row, and in any case there were heaps of fans behind us celebrating Stef's peach, so any missiles would have hit them first.

I did see a guy in the Morton end being chucked out. Oddly, it wasn't the guy who walked past me (after Tav's peach), opened the gate and walked onto the track to GIRFUY to the home fans - he was merely ushered back again.

I mind when we had the "more like 140 days" banner all sorts were launched at us. In fact one boy had to go to hospital after being pelted by a coin.

And, despite the understandable humour here, THAT is what this thread is really all about. No-one should go to watch their team play and find themselves injured by some cowardly numbskull who thinks it's fair game to throw things at opposition fans, knowing that they're almost certainly going to get away with it.

Unfortunately, their club doesn't care enough to take action or to address this issue in any way, shape or form.

There is one simple way to address it successfully, IMO, and it's this:

Force Rangers to double, or even treble, the area of "no man's land" on either side of the away section, and don't allow anyone to sit behind and above that section.

That way, the mindless minority (and I accept that it IS a minority) won't be within striking distance of the away fans. And maybe, just maybe, hitting Rangers in the pocket by enforcing all those extra empty seats will finally get them to do something about their support in order to get that capacity back at some point. Proper stewarding AND proper policing as well as a seriously effective CCTV system & monitoring would be a start.

A fairly straightforward solution to a horrible problem, and win-win all the way.

What a rant, I have a much simpler solution.

If you do not like the place then stay the f**k away...nobody is forcing you to go.....simples.

And there you have the confirmation of what I suspected.

RFC don't need the money of a few hundred away fans visiting a season and in some cases it probably costs more with policing and stewards etc that they couldn't care less what complaints are made from away fans.

Don't come back eh.

The best I can say to that is at least he's not tried to deny and sugarcoat that Rangers fans think it's acceptable behaviour to pelt and spit on away fans

Don't like being spat on and having coins thrown at you? That's your fault apparently and in some ways he's right, it's not like the club do anything or the "well behaved majority" speak up against it is it?

We must have some Olympic level spitters in the support if they can clear the empty rows and lines of stewards.

Do they f**k we get treated Like shite, chucked out for f**k all including standing up and get stuff launched at us and spat at. That's not a myth either, happens every time, especially when we are roadgering them.

and that's only police...

Given it was common practise to exchange cups of pish with rival fans at Brockville, Firhill, Broomfield and so on, not to mention coins, both ways, if you take the 3000 crowds at those games, then, multiply it to Ibrox levels, there is going to be an element of it in their support too? Am sure in the 90s Darts was used in Falkirk Airdrie games at Broomfield !!

Given it was common practise to exchange cups of pish with rival fans at Brockville, Firhill, Broomfield and so on, not to mention coins, both ways, if you take the 3000 crowds at those games, then, multiply it to Ibrox levels, there is going to be an element of it in their support too? Am sure in the 90s Darts was used in Falkirk Airdrie games at Broomfield !!

You confusing the film ID wi real life again man?

What a rant, I have a much simpler solution.

If you do not like the place then stay the f**k away...nobody is forcing you to go.....simples.

:huh:

Your paranoia seems to be stopping you from recognising a serious post from a rant (but just remember - being paranoid doesn't necessarily mean we're not all out to get you :unsure2: ).

And I don't need your advice, thanks all the same. I DIDN'T go, for precisely the reason that you gave - I don't like the place, or the "peepel". When I go to the fitba' I go in the hope that I'll get some enjoyment from the event, whether Morton win, lose or draw. I knew that, irrespective of Morton's performance, I would resent paying that horrible club £20 to sit in a crappy corner and watch its "fans" take a run-of-the-mill fitba' match far more seriously than it ever, EVER should be taken. And maybe require stitches in my head for my trouble.

If I leave a ground angry it should be because of the performance of the team, not because I've been sickened by the behaviour of people who can only count to 11 if their flies are open. I'm not intimidated or scared by the prospect of going there in any way, but it's just an unpleasant place, (half)full of unpleasant, nasty people. Bad enough seeing them at our ground twice a season without having to wash spit or Bovril or worse off after going there.

And if you were a halfway decent human being you would acknowledge that your club have a serious problem regarding the behaviour of a minority of your support. "If you don't like it, then stay the f**k away" is not much of an acknowledgement at all. But thanks again, anyway. I realise you're probably doing your best.

No that is not it at all.

I like away fans who come and support their team, the noisier the better, nothing like a bit of atmosphere to make a game, the Morton fans on Saturday were really noisy, great stuff.

But if you actually believed half the shite that is written in this thread then half of these fans would be leaving in ambulances every other week, when in reality incidents at Ibrox are rare.

The other half of the shite is from fans saying the how bad the place and our fans is, my comments were directed at them, If you do not like it, then simply do not come...honestly nobody is forcing you.

No but the league does force you to accept away fans and provide appropriate provision for them.

As usual cheatco and pals are right and every single other fan and every other club in the country is wrong. Remarkable how those dividing lines seem to emerge in any conversation

You do talk some really offensive, half-arsed. neanderthal shite sometimes* tedi.

If you were never splattered in a cup of pish at Brockville (using that example seeing as you seem to be a fan), and I mean, from both sides of the choir, then, you were clearly never there. Aberdeen used to bring their mob into the home end and start battling right on the kick off, before they lumped it to the front of the Choir and got turfed out into their own section. So, a wee bit of cola dripping past someone is not a bad option.

Paranoia? you actually believed what I told you yesterday :lol:

:huh: what are you wittering about now? I was referring to your posts on this thread, today; nothing more. Anything you posted yesterday has been forgotten so it can't have been worth remembering.

Honestly, the comments of TheRingers fans on this thread and Saturday's match thread show that it's definitely a good idea to have most comments about their horrible club confined to its own sub-forum.

Much better segregation than you get at Ibrox.

Archived