Livi v Sons

Don't agree it's two steps back if we lose this. We were crying out for a bloody point never mind taking 3 twice in a row. Of course we hope it can kick on now, but if we lose il still be happy with how this week has went.... And probably play the "livi were due a win against us" card.

I just think if we lost this, then it undoes a lot of the good work we've done in beating Alloa and St.Mirren.

A draw isn't a bad result, it adds to our unbeaten run, but if we lost this one, not only is it a lost opportunity for us to get three points, but Livi would pull themselves right into the mix. That's all I meant by the 'two steps back' analogy.

Big game though, whatever way you look at it, for both sides.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would've prob been a better result for Dumbarton if we'd drawn 0-0 with Alloa on Saturday, the players piss poor performance and losing to the bottom team in the league should have them going into this game well fired up.

Was hoping we'd take 9 points from this run of 5 games, really need to be winning this game now to get ourselves away from the bottom 2 by January.

Do Dumbarton not still not owe Livi owner (Rankine) at least £200k and if called that in you'd be bust?

I thought Rankine sold his shares and no longer owns Livi? Anyway, I would absolutely love it if he called in his £200K.

You must owe the £200k to someone else now then?

The club owe nothing.

I thought Rankine sold his shares and no longer owns Livi? Anyway, I would absolutely love it if he called in his £200K.

The club owe nothing.

He's still sniffing about the place, never know what is going on down there.

Aye the guys that own your club owe Rankine the 200K, not the actual club, is that about it?

Aye the guys that own your club owe Rankine the 200K, not the actual club, is that about it?

Any issue between Rankine as the seller of shares and any person who has bought those shares is between the seller and the buyer.

Absolutely nothing to do with the club. It's a nothing issue for Dumbarton and entirely between Rankine and whomever purchased his shares.

Amazing that Rankine still manages to weasel his way around. Thank f**k we're rid of him.

Aye, Brabco still owe him £200K from the sale of the club.

Anyhoo back to the game.

Would like to see Millen start instead of Glen to give us someone who can actually play on the wing. Fancy we'd be better with Sheerin and White starting too, gives us physical presence up front and get balls into them from the wings and we'll cause Dumbarton problems. We've failed miserably against Morton & Alloa playing everything through the middle, need to use width or I can see us struggling against Dumbarton too.

Anyhoo back to the game.

Would like to see Millen start instead of Glen to give us someone who can actually play on the wing. Fancy we'd be better with Sheerin and White starting too, gives us physical presence up front and get balls into them from the wings and we'll cause Dumbarton problems. We've failed miserably against Morton & Alloa playing everything through the middle, need to use width or I can see us struggling against Dumbarton too.

You sure a physical challenge is the way to go about getting the best of Frazer Wright and Darren Barr? I honestly think that would play into our hands. If you've any pace going forward you'd be better utilising that.

Can't imagine we'll make any changes to the team and rightly so. Happy to see Taggart start for the U20's during the week, if we can get him back in at right back sometime over the next couple of weeks that would be delightful.

You sure a physical challenge is the way to go about getting the best of Frazer Wright and Darren Barr? I honestly think that would play into our hands. If you've any pace going forward you'd be better utilising that.

Can't imagine we'll make any changes to the team and rightly so. Happy to see Taggart start for the U20's during the week, if we can get him back in at right back sometime over the next couple of weeks that would be delightful.

Don't be giving them any tactical tips.

Burchill might even be reading this :shutup

This.

If Livi go physical up front it will probably suit us. Any sort of pace will likely cause us issues.

I'm hoping we stick with McCallum up top with Fleming just behind, they seem to be forming a good partnership. Steven Craig has done nothing to deserve a starting slot and I will be disappointed if he's brought in at Donald's expense.

Yep, I'd take Sheerin to cause your defence problems, he's a battering ram, will do the damage for Buchanan to come on 2nd half where his pace and energy will be more useful against tired players.

Yep, I'd take Sheerin to cause your defence problems, he's a battering ram, will do the damage for Buchanan to come on 2nd half where his pace and energy will be more useful against tired players.

You have seen Frazer Wright play before, yes? I understand Sheerin is built like the Michelin Man but I don't think he'll be battering oor Fraz. I can only hope Burchill deploys those tactics.

Fraser will enjoy that I'm sure. Hope you line up like this now! As mentioned before, pace would be your best bet against our defense. Won't win too much in the air if we play like we have for the last few weeks at the back.

The teams who have beaten us most convincingly have been the ones who have used pace to get in behind. Although, latterly we have settled a lot with Fraz and Barr in the CB positions.

Archived