Livi v Sons

Are we sure that's a penalty for the trip on Wright? Not denying that Wright is tripped up but I don't think the Livi player has moved towards Wright or even tried to play the ball, their legs just seem to get tangled when Wright moves his left leg towards the ball. Seen them given but I'm not sure it's as stonewall as some are saying. The ref had probably the clearest view of everyone as well.

ref gave the penalty in our game against rangers, when Saunders tangled with Wallace, double standards, no surprise

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ref gave the penalty in our game against rangers, when Saunders tangled with Wallace, double standards, no surprise

Not sure it's a case of double standards, more one of those ones that can go either way. At the time I thought it was a pen, looking back at it in slow motion I think the ref made the correct call. We got two decisions going against us last week that were far worse IMO that thankfully didn't impact the outcome of the match.

We'll get our fair share of dodgy decisions going our way over the course of the season. The penalty against Raith being one of them.

I couldn't make the game, so I'm grateful for the work that goes in to bring us a really good highlights package.

The Livingston goal was a composed finish and unselfish play, but from our point of view, it's a gift. Jon Routledge laid it on a plate, but he's been great so far, so I won't be too critical of his mistake.

What struck me from the highlights was how many of Livi's chances went well wide or well over the bar. Livi played some decent football it seems, but their finishing was woeful.

As I wasn't at the game I didn't see the penalty incident and tried as best I could to watch it objectively after reading about it on here. My first reaction was that it was a stonewaller. I watched it back and the slow-motion didn't change my mind. If it's not a penalty, then surely it's a dive? Because the referee must've seen that the lad didn't get anywhere near the ball, and from that, the one decision he can't give, is the one he did! Bizarre!

Good finish from Saunders for our goal, and impressive from (I think) Fleming on the line, just easing into the Livi defender preventing him a clear run to block the shot. It's a difficult corner to defend, but the Livingston goalkeeper makes a complete howler with it, leaving it in the danger area for Saunders to knock in.

Good reaction too, passionate celebration from the players and fans alike. Good to get a point and keen our wee run going and prevent Livi from gaining any ground on us.

I couldn't make the game, so I'm grateful for the work that goes in to bring us a really good highlights package.

The Livingston goal was a composed finish and unselfish play, but from our point of view, it's a gift. Jon Routledge laid it on a plate, but he's been great so far, so I won't be too critical of his mistake.

What struck me from the highlights was how many of Livi's chances went well wide or well over the bar. Livi played some decent football it seems, but their finishing was woeful.

As I wasn't at the game I didn't see the penalty incident and tried as best I could to watch it objectively after reading about it on here. My first reaction was that it was a stonewaller. I watched it back and the slow-motion didn't change my mind. If it's not a penalty, then surely it's a dive? Because the referee must've seen that the lad didn't get anywhere near the ball, and from that, the one decision he can't give, is the one he did! Bizarre!

Good finish from Saunders for our goal, and impressive from (I think) Fleming on the line, just easing into the Livi defender preventing him a clear run to block the shot. It's a difficult corner to defend, but the Livingston goalkeeper makes a complete howler with it, leaving it in the danger area for Saunders to knock in.

Good reaction too, passionate celebration from the players and fans alike. Good to get a point and keen our wee run going and prevent Livi from gaining any ground on us.

That was the much maligned Steven Craig who moved the Livingston player out of the way of Saunders' shot. That's the sort of thing I like about him, and why I'm not prepared to give up on him just yet. You can tell he's experienced with the wee things he does off the ball, he just doesn't do enough on it.

That was the much maligned Steven Craig who moved the Livingston player out of the way of Saunders' shot. That's the sort of thing I like about him, and why I'm not prepared to give up on him just yet. You can tell he's experienced with the wee things he does off the ball, he just doesn't do enough on it.

Fair enough. I couldn't tell from the footage.

That's a good bit of play from him, but he needs to show more of that throughout games. But for me, he's not shown nearly enough to merit keeping him beyond January, if we can possibly offload him and get a better replacement in.

Fair enough. I couldn't tell from the footage.

That's a good bit of play from him, but he needs to show more of that throughout games. But for me, he's not shown nearly enough to merit keeping him beyond January, if we can possibly offload him and get a better replacement in.

Neither could I, and I didn't notice it at the time either, I had to slow it right down just to try and work out what the 'keeper did and that's how I noticed it.

I agree he's been poor, but some of the shouts from our fans towards him have been completely bizarre. The last thing a guy who's struggling for form needs is to be constantly berated by those around him.

Maybe I'm just too nice, or stupid. But I honestly think he will come good, setting myself up for a monumental fail here, but his performance for 15 minutes against the best defence in the league (Hibs) showed me he has the talent. I don't know if it's an attitude thing, or fitness or maybe even a lack of desire as he's coming towards the end of his career.

Neither could I, and I didn't notice it at the time either, I had to slow it right down just to try and work out what the 'keeper did and that's how I noticed it.

I agree he's been poor, but some of the shouts from our fans towards him have been completely bizarre. The last thing a guy who's struggling for form needs is to be constantly berated by those around him.

Maybe I'm just too nice, or stupid. But I honestly think he will come good, setting myself up for a monumental fail here, but his performance for 15 minutes against the best defence in the league (Hibs) showed me he has the talent. I don't know if it's an attitude thing, or fitness or maybe even a lack of desire as he's coming towards the end of his career.

I think you may be clutching at straws here with the 15 mins at Easter Road...

I'd tend to agree with you regarding fans getting on players back but that performance away at Alloa merited a public hanging never mind a bit of stick from the crowd. It's not even like he was trying and looked low on confidence he was swaning around uninterested and spent half the game shrugging his shoulders and moaning at folk. If he can't get himself fired up for a 'relegation 6 pointer' then I can't see him ever looking up for it.

If the opportunity arises in January to ship him out and bring in a replacement I'd grab it with both hands, wrestle it to the ground and put it in a sleeper hold.

More than happy to see him come good and for me to look like a dick but realisticly we don't have the time nor the points cushion to wait any longer on it happening.

Maybe I'm just too nice, or stupid. But I honestly think he will come good, setting myself up for a monumental fail here, but his performance for 15 minutes against the best defence in the league (Hibs) showed me he has the talent. I don't know if it's an attitude thing, or fitness or maybe even a lack of desire as he's coming towards the end of

his career.

I'm not so sure. He's had several chances to demonstrate the ability that he undoubtedly has, but he's not delivered at all.

Personally I would never berate a poor player in a Sons jersey, on the one condition that 100% effort is visible. Unfortunately with Craig, that's rarely the case, and the The Rangers game at Ibrox was the end for me regarding Craig.

He was good for the 15mins at Hibs, but that's been by far a rarity. Has he done much else?

At Ibrox he demonstrated such a lack of team-play and appreciation of a team effort that not only do I not have a belief that he'll 'come good' but even if he does show a bit of improvement, it'll be a bit 'meh' for me.

Archived