Hibs v Queens

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hutton went down "injured" and as soon as the ref stopped the game got straight back up again. Queens can ram it as far as I'm concerned - can't remember the last time I saw a team time-wasting as blatantly as that - and the ref doing f**k all about it. Hope that *** Lyle and his pals have a thoroughly miserable journey home. Absolute diddies.

greggy.png

Of course if Hibs are clinging on to a result at Ibrox next week there will be no time wasting or such like going on will there? They will have guys being substituted positively sprinting off the park to give Rangers more time. :rolleyes:

We time wasted a bit with the substitutions clearly. Don't think it was overly excessive and that's where the extra time came from. No great worries with that. I don't actually think Hutton was time wasting when he went down. He got hit in the face by the ball at close range. I don't have any problem with him then being made to go off for treatment. I DO have a problem with the referee inexplicably restarting play by dropping the ball at a Hibs player's feet with no Queens player anywhere near him to start an uncontested attack. I'd need to see it again but I thought we had possession when play was stopped. Even if we didn't, Hibs didn't either as the ball had been played towards the corner. It should have been a contested drop ball and if Hibs were fortunate enough to win it, go on the attack and score that would be fine. Restarting play with an uncontested drop ball when the player clearly wasn't going to give the ball back was plain wrong and cost us a point. The better team won the game, there's a reason why Hibs are so many points ahead of us, but that doesn't make it any less of a kick in the stones.

Of course if Hibs are clinging on to a result at Ibrox next week there will be no time wasting or such like going on will there? They will have guys being substituted positively sprinting off the park to give Rangers more time. :rolleyes:

We time wasted a bit with the substitutions clearly. Don't think it was overly excessive and that's where the extra time came from. No great worries with that. I don't actually think Hutton was time wasting when he went down. He got hit in the face by the ball at close range. I don't have any problem with him then being made to go off for treatment. I DO have a problem with the referee inexplicably restarting play by dropping the ball at a Hibs player's feet with no Queens player anywhere near him to start an uncontested attack. I'd need to see it again but I thought we had possession when play was stopped. Even if we didn't, Hibs didn't either as the ball had been played towards the corner. It should have been a contested drop ball and if Hibs were fortunate enough to win it, go on the attack and score that would be fine. Restarting play with an uncontested drop ball when the player clearly wasn't going to give the ball back was plain wrong and cost us a point. The better team won the game, there's a reason why Hibs are so many points ahead of us, but that doesn't make it any less of a kick in the stones.

The ball got punted up our end and most of your lot were still inside your own half. Clearly the possession was ours.

Just saw a replay of the goal on Hibs tv. Hutton was definitely at it as I thought. He stands and looks to see where the play is before deciding he's been fatally injured and needs medical assistance. Mark Oxley had the ball when the ref stopped the play. The play was restarted near enough in the corner of our own half.

Wasn't really paying attention to what happened with the drop ball at the time, but after watching HibsTV the ball was with Oxley under no pressure when the ref blew for Hutton to get treatment, so I think the ref was right to give Hibs possession back. Normally you'd see the ref drop the ball for a Queens player to give back to Oxley though rather than giving it straight to Fontaine.

You follow queens threads about like a lost little boy making a fool of yourself constantly. Now throwing about some horrendous allegations into the bargain. Get yourself to f**k you absolute w****r.

No seriously why was Malonga screaming 'this is my home' when being surrounded by Queens players? This was posted by someone else on the thread.

Try to control your emotions, i get that you're hurting, but no need to swear like a daft wee laddie.

Thought it was another poor game, as Hibs v Queens games at Easter Road tend to be. Queens looked compact enough, with little or no quality going forward. Hibs had an off day. Queens retreated into backs to the wall stuff for the last 15 mins, which was unnecessary as Hibs were causing few problems up until then, although their late subs freshened them up a bit. As tends to be the way with Queens shallow squad, their second half subs weakened them. Hard to tell if Hutton was play-acting or not, but at that time Queens players were going down like ninepins, a couple of others crumbled to the ground at almost exactly the same time. It looked like a delaying tactic, and if so it backfired spectacularly. We needed 11 players on the pitch at the end not 10. The ref could have been quicker to wave Hutton back on, just as he could have handled the 'drop ball' incident better, but it was an aimless punt to the corner that was never under Queens' control. As for Derek Lyle's behaviour at the end: there are many words that could be used, but shameful will suffice.

Thought it was another poor game, as Hibs v Queens games at Easter Road tend to be. Queens looked compact enough, with little or no quality going forward. Hibs had an off day. Queens retreated into backs to the wall stuff for the last 15 mins, which was unnecessary as Hibs were causing few problems up until then, although their late subs freshened them up a bit. As tends to be the way with Queens shallow squad, their second half subs weakened them. Hard to tell if Hutton was play-acting or not, but at that time Queens players were going down like ninepins, a couple of others crumbled to the ground at almost exactly the same time. It looked like a delaying tactic, and if so it backfired spectacularly. We needed 11 players on the pitch at the end not 10. The ref could have been quicker to wave Hutton back on, just as he could have handled the 'drop ball' incident better, but it was an aimless punt to the corner that was never under Queens' control. As for Derek Lyle's behaviour at the end: there are many words that could be used, but shameful will suffice.

Excellent summary ,the last bit is spot on it was pathetic.

The goal is a cracker from our point of view, quick thinking from Fonts, lovely bit of play from McGinn and Anier. Gray with a lovely cross and Malonga with a great header. The keepers always going to struggle to get that the ways he's headed it down.

Great spirit shown by the team. We've done brilliantly to pull ourselves level with Rangers.

No seriously why was Malonga screaming 'this is my home' when being surrounded by Queens players? This was posted by someone else on the thread.

Try to control your emotions, i get that you're hurting, but no need to swear like a daft wee laddie.

Stop talking utter pish. You have resorted to the lowest of the low. Get back under your rock please.

Hutton went down "injured" and as soon as the ref stopped the game got straight back up again. Queens can ram it as far as I'm concerned - can't remember the last time I saw a team time-wasting as blatantly as that - and the ref doing f**k all about it. Hope that *** Lyle and his pals have a thoroughly miserable journey home. Absolute diddies.

greggy.png

You should watch highlights of our game v Hearts on Alba then. Every time they made a sub the player coming off seen his number then crumpled to the floor needing a couple of minutes of attention, before hobbling the full width of the pitch. Add in the fact every single attack seen a goalkeeper/defender hurt in a "collision" usually between themselves. Shameful behaviour that ruined the whole spectacle.

Archived