Hibs v Queens

I've got to say, all this "I'm not going to back down" stuff from Lyle is pretty embarrassing.

It might be an idea if he grew up a bit.

Having watched the highlights, there's no doubt that the match just ends bizarrely. It looks to me as if the ref was fed up with Queens' antics and wanted to punish them. He did so however, via an option that wasn't actually available to him.

I don't have a great deal of sympathy over us being a man down at the time of the goal though if I'm being honest.

We had no need to be and if the scoreline had been different, I think Hutton would probably have just got on with it.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got to say, all this "I'm not going to back down" stuff from Lyle is pretty embarrassing.

It might be an idea if he grew up a bit.

Having watched the highlights, there's no doubt that the match just ends bizarrely. It looks to me as if the ref was fed up with Queens' antics and wanted to punish them. He did so however, via an option that wasn't actually available to him.

I don't have a great deal of sympathy over us being a man down at the time of the goal though if I'm being honest.

We had no need to be and if the scoreline had been different, I think Hutton would probably have just got on with it.

Tend to agree. There is no massive injustice, but it isn't up to the ref to deal with it the way he did. With Hutton already off, the way he restarted play, he basically took Millar out of the equation and left us with 9 men.

However, it is yet another cross into our 6 yard box that we have failed to defend. The keeper rarely comes off his line and Brownlie is no use. Who'd have thought we signed them from a team that conceded nearly 100 goals last season.

That was blatant cheating by Hutton and he knew he fcked up when he was told to go off the pitch, he jogged off and didn't even get treatment!

Hibs were well within their right to keep the ball there, also why didn't a Queens player contest the drop ball?

I agree with the first bit; but it wasn't contested, because the players were not gathered together by the ref as is customary in these circumstances.

Instead, the ref sought a Hibs player out and gave him the ball. Queens had no option to contest it.

I agree with the first bit; but it wasn't contested, because the players were not gathered together by the ref as is customary in these circumstances. Instead, the ref sought a Hibs player out and gave him the ball. Queens had no option to contest it.

I don't think the Queens player in the corner was switched on, even if he goes over and makes the ref (wrongly) send him away then fair enough.

I was expecting something far worse after hearing Chick Young talk about it, although it's obvious why he's upset about it!

Lyle drawing attention to his air flute antics by running crying to the press. What an angry little man he is :lol:

Did anyone at Hibs make a complaint about it? Was it included in the ref's report?

Lyle. A Weegie Jakeball behaving like a Weegie Jakeball! My, what a surprise. There will be no complaint to be made, it's what prole weegies do. It's in their makeup.

I don't think the Queens player in the corner was switched on, even if he goes over and makes the ref (wrongly) send him away then fair enough.

I was expecting something far worse after hearing Chick Young talk about it, although it's obvious why he's upset about it!

The ref only has the ball in his possession for a moment. He then gives it straight to the Hibs player.

I don't think we can really criticise Millar here. What the ref did was very unusual.

Tend to agree. There is no massive injustice, but it isn't up to the ref to deal with it the way he did. With Hutton already off, the way he restarted play, he basically took Millar out of the equation and left us with 9 men.

However, it is yet another cross into our 6 yard box that we have failed to defend. The keeper rarely comes off his line and Brownlie is no use. Who'd have thought we signed them from a team that conceded nearly 100 goals last season.

Brownlie has really struggled this year. Wouldn't be bothered if he was punted tbh.

Disappointed with the media reaction to the drop ball incident a laughing matter in sportscene, McCall well seen it wasn't againt Rangers! Time QoS stood up and spoke up about controversial desicions like these as the scottish league obviously don't care cause it happened to a "small club" imagine the chaos had it been an spl televised match!

Disappointed with the media reaction to the drop ball incident a laughing matter in sportscene, McCall well seen it wasn't againt Rangers! Time QoS stood up and spoke up about controversial desicions like these as the scottish league obviously don't care cause it happened to a "small club" imagine the chaos had it been an spl televised match!

The SPL doesn't exist anymore so that's an impossible scenario.

Fucking hell, let it go. This is getting almost as tedious as Falkirk fans trying to claim McGinn dived against them.

Tend to agree with that. Things could have been handled better but surely time to let it lie. There`s no conspiracy here. Ref didn`t cover himself in glory but we could and should have handled the situation better than we did,

A drop ball doesn't have to be 'contested', it can be given directly to a single player; I believe that the referee made the correct decision.

Holding out for a sporting pass back to Oxley would have been unnecessary and could have ended up with the QotS player taking advantage.

Rather than asking Millar to contest the drop ball, it's more likely that he told him not to do so - if he told him to do anything.

I think that Hutton being sent off and made to wait is a more debatable decision.

Colvin may have sent Hutton off for treatment/assessment after the ball hit him in the head - despite Hutton not requesting any assistance.

Or perhaps Hutton wanted to receive treatment on the pitch to waste time, so Colvin reacted by sending him off for treatment.

I feel that both instances would have been dealt with differently if the game wasn't deep into stoppage time.

Nevertheless, I think the Colvin made the correct decision regarding the drop ball.

A drop ball doesn't have to be 'contested', it can be given directly to a single player;

Only with the agreement of the other team, it's not the ref's place to make that decision.

But yeah, it's done with, Queens lost primarily because their defence screwed up. Time to move on.

It should have been a competed for drop ball as the ref blew the whistle to stop the game as Millar and the Hibs full back chased the ball deep into the corner at the Hibs end.

f**k sake let it go. We had the ball when the ref stopped it and he only stopped it because Kyle Hutton was being a cheating wee ***. You got what you deserved.

f**k sake let it go. We had the ball when the ref stopped it and he only stopped it because Kyle Hutton was being a cheating wee ***. You got what you deserved.

The ball was in open to play no team had it under control.

Archived