Hibs v Queens

Poor refereeing undoubtedly but not the massive injustice Queens fans were making it out to be.

Wouldn't be happy if it happened to us to be fair but I suppose you have to acknowledge it's a trivial call 80 yards from Queens goal. If it was a poor throw in/free kick call there'd barely be a mention.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simple solution, contest every drop ball. I really wish teams would do that as it saves any arguments.

An even more simple solution would be not stopping the game when someone gets hit by the ball (unless it knocks them clean out).

A footballer at any level wanting the game stopped because the ball hit them is pathetic.

Simple solution, contest every drop ball. I really wish teams would do that as it saves any arguments.

Agreed. And don't give the ball back when a team puts it out because one of their players is injured. They're doing it for their own advantage so why give them the ball back

Agreed. And don't give the ball back when a team puts it out because one of their players is injured. They're doing it for their own advantage so why give them the ball back

So if a player is lying with a broken leg everyone should just play on? :lol:

There's no controversy with the rule. I credit Colvin tbh as I think he realised how much Queens were taking the piss with their time-wasting.

There's no controversy with the rule. I credit Colvin tbh as I think he realised how much Queens were taking the piss with their time-wasting.

If a player is lying with a broken leg the referee will stop the game. I don't agree with teams putting the ball out for injuries, leave it up to the referee.

Correct, the ref was trying to get on with it.

If it had been contested the Queens player would have probably gone down clutching their shin.

Back in the old days players would have played on (including the player with the broken leg).

Too many overly pampered fairies in the game now.

Stick him on the wing and tell him to man up.

I'm sure there was a rule in place from a few seasons back that if a player was injured then the play was to continue until the referee blows his whistle, which is what Colvin did do, as players used to kick the ball out as soon as a player was injured.

Are refs not supposed to stop play immediately for a head knock anyway, which is what Colvin did do? Okay it wasn't a clash of heads but the ball hitting him in the face. Is concussion not a big thing these days with more emphasis now due to the problems they have with it in rugby?

After seeing the drop ball again it is obvious we had numerous chances to defend it BUT I still don't think it should have been dropped at Fontaines feet in the manner it was. I don't actually see what Hutton has done wrong? He got the ball square in the puss at pace from point blank range, anyone who says he was play acting is just talking pish or hasnt had a mitre in the face on a December day. By the time play had stopped and the ref had come back he didn't need to go off as it wasn't a serious injury but still had every right to hold his face.

After seeing the drop ball again it is obvious we had numerous chances to defend it BUT I still don't think it should have been dropped at Fontaines feet in the manner it was. I don't actually see what Hutton has done wrong? He got the ball square in the puss at pace from point blank range, anyone who says he was play acting is just talking pish or hasnt had a mitre in the face on a December day. By the time play had stopped and the ref had come back he didn't need to go off as it wasn't a serious injury but still had every right to hold his face.

You had 90 yards and 3/4 phases of play to defend.

Shut your fucking moaning and accept it.

Also, if he didn't need to go off why was the physio motioned onto the park?

Get. It. Right. Up. You.

Archived