Hibs v Queens

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sportsmanship is a load of pish anyway, it's a stupid concept that is filled with double standards and inconstancy. It isn't Hibs fault that Colvin is grossly incompetent and we had 3 centre halves unable to deal with a crossed ball. A polite applause from 300 people at a random league match in December doesn't mean very much if Rangers win the league by a point.

The sacrosanct etiquette about drop balls is hypocritical seeing as football is probably the least ethical sport in the world, from the top of my head a great chunk of the game is filled with cynical play when:

• A player dives
  • A player claims a throw in when they touched it last.
  • Pulling shirts at corners to stop jumping
  • Faking injuries
  • handball
  • not being 10 yards at a freekick
  • moving forward at a throw in
  • elbowing people
  • timewasting
  • kicking the ball away when the referee stops play
  • Generally being a dick to the referee

Football is almost entirely built upon generations and generations of cheating, if you want to be concerned about the spirit of the game, go watch some cricket or become a primary school teacher. Personally I wouldn't care if we had a team consisting entirely of cheats, WUMs, hatchet men and Iain Russell. If anything being able to cheat effectively and get away with it is an attribute that should be desirable in any form of life and separates us from the animals.

Sportsmanship is a load of pish anyway, it's a stupid concept that is filled with double standards and inconstancy. It isn't Hibs fault that Colvin is grossly incompetent and we had 3 centre halves unable to deal with a crossed ball. A polite applause from 300 people at a random league match in December doesn't mean very much if Rangers win the league by a point.

The sacrosanct etiquette about drop balls is hypocritical seeing as football is probably the least ethical sport in the world, from the top of my head a great chunk of the game is filled with cynical play when:

• A player dives
  • Faking injuries
  • handball
  • elbowing people
  • timewasting
Football is almost entirely built upon generations and generations of cheating, if you want to be concerned about the spirit of the game, go watch some cricket or become a primary school teacher. Personally I wouldn't care if we had a team consisting entirely of cheats, WUMs, hatchet men and Iain Russell. If anything being able to cheat effectively and get away with it is an attribute that should be desirable in any form of life and separates us from the animals.

Great post.

What the f**k injured Kyle Hutton anyway?

That was a whole bunch of nothing.

I hate that rule around drop balls and stopping the game when a player pretends to be injured.

Christ, the amount of times I've seen players pretend to be injured 2 yards from the touchline and their team is desperate for the game to stop for some attention.

If you're hurt roll off the pitch.

This, having seen the incident. When McGinn dived at TFS earlier this season, shortly afterwards Hibs had a player down injured and instead of booting the ball back to Oxley -we punted it right down in to the corner in the Hibs half and pressed the throw in. Do unto others and all that.

Do unto others as you would have them do to you? How does that back up your point, there?

While there may well be an issue with Colvin's usual, incompetent handling of the situation, all Hibs won was possession at a different part of their own half then before the break in play. Playing on from that position should absolutely be expected, much in the same way that if Colvin awarded a ridiculous foul, the beneficiary at no point gifts the ball back to the opponent to compensate. Indeed, Yoss's hail to the Corinthian values of sport flies in the face of the non-award of a probable foul in the build-up to his own side's equaliser on Friday evening. Raith didn't and of course shouldn't have waited on the officials to make the decision for them, and took advantage on the park. That's how the game has always worked, and a serious reality check is required by some on here.

Well there's no shortage of grey areas - and what constitutes legitimate pushing of boundaries and what crosses the line into cheating is an entirely subjective and cultural thing. I don't claim any sort of consistency and didn't mean, with one offhand comment, to set myself up as some sort of paragon. But I love footie more than I love Raith, and personally I wouldn't have wanted to see my team do that. I don't think it's directly analogous to the incorrect award of non-award of fouls (not that I thought that was a foul on Friday, btw, and from the reactions neither did anyone on the pitch) because Hibs's sharp practice was more active here.

Again, didn't mean to make such a big deal of it. That incident aside, I'm glad Hibs won and hope they stuff Rangers, next week and over the rest of the season.

• A player dives
  • Faking injuries
  • handball
  • elbowing people
  • timewasting

Well there are a few things there that also irk me and that I'd rather see refs make more serious efforts to cut out. And some other stuff that doesn't much bother me.

It's a discussion for another thread, but it is interesting what people do and don't regard as acceptable conduct. When Suarez stopped a goal by punching the ball of the line in the 2010 world cup, and Ghana missed the penalty I was rather baffled by the outrage - of course I'd have done the same thing. I didn't see that as cheating at all - and in any case the offence was spotted and correctly dealt with by the ref - but some disagreed.

In the meantime just mark me down as a massive hypocrite and carry on with the thread.

Anyway to try to move on from "dropballgate" let`s give Hibs some credit for digging out a late point against Falkirk and then a late win against us. A really good effort and 4 crucial points gained when it could easily just have been one. If that`s Hibsing it then I`d gladly take it from my team in all honesty.

So we draw that game and lose the league by a point come the end of the season. But it's okay cause we did the right thing at the time. Football is all about winning, no matter what anyone says. Football supporters will take any sort of win regardless of what happens throughout the game because the 3 points are the most important thing at the end of the day.

You aren't remembered for acts of FairPlay. Your remembered for being a winner at the end of the season.

What would a Hibs fan know about being winners at the end of a season ?

As a queens fan I don't get to say shit like that often but thankfully I'm involved in a discussion with the biggest laughing stock outside sevco in Scotland.

What would a Hibs fan know about being winners at the end of a season ?

As a queens fan I don't get to say shit like that often but thankfully I'm involved in a discussion with the biggest laughing stock outside sevco in Scotland.

has anyone made a GIF of Derek Lyle playing the flute to make your christmas yet?

“I don’t see why they felt the need to get confrontational with us when they’ve won the game,” he stated. “They should be celebrating, not coming to confront us when they’ve scored in the last minute to win the game.

“The fans were giving me a bit of stick and I was giving it back. That’s fine. It happens in football, but one of their players, a guy who wasn’t even stripped, wanted me in the tunnel for a fight. I won’t mention his name.

“Spur of the moment, I was going to go down the tunnel with him, but we got split up. Alan Stubbs told me to leave it.

“For a boy who is not even in the squad, not even on the bench, to want me in the tunnel – when I don’t even know the boy, either – is a mystery to me.

“When they scored, I came out of the technical area. I was gutted, their fans were gesturing and I had a wee bit back at them.

“Then, I’ve just turned around and caught the boy’s eye and he’s gesturing for me to see him in the tunnel. I’m not going to back down from him, so I was ready to go down the tunnel with him. It was broken up at that point.

“Their manager and backroom staff told me not to react to him.

“I said: ‘Fair enough, but it’s your player. Your player is antagonising me. We’ve just lost the game and he’s inviting me into the tunnel. You’re not wanting me to go back into the dressing room and shirk away from it, are you?’

“Alan Stubbs couldn’t have been any nicer. He said: ‘You played well. Now keep the head because it’s a long season and you don’t want to be suspended.’ He was 100 per cent right.

“Was I grateful to Alan? Not at the time, no. I was angry and, if I had gone down the tunnel, I would have sorted it out. It would have been between me and him.

“I don’t have any hard feelings against Hibs. Just this boy.”

:lol: Absolute ned of a "boy"

Having seen the highlights, it looks a lot of nothing. Yes, the referee made a haggis of the drop ball, but poor defending cost Queens the goal in the end.

From some of the early reactions on here you'd have thought that the referee dropped it at his own feet, took it himself and whacked it home using Derek Lyle's flute.

Having seen the highlights, it looks a lot of nothing. Yes, the referee made a haggis of the drop ball, but poor defending cost Queens the goal in the end.

From some of the early reactions on here you'd have thought that the referee dropped it at his own feet, took it himself and whacked it home using Derek Lyle's flute.

:lol:

How come me as a neutral ended up buzzing watching that winner go in because of the #scenes it would have induced yet Islam Feruz who is on the park in the middle of 10,000 mad Hibees and all his team mates celebrating like mental can't even raise a smile...?

:ph34r:

Archived