Hibs v Queens

You should watch highlights of our game v Hearts on Alba then. Every time they made a sub the player coming off seen his number then crumpled to the floor needing a couple of minutes of attention, before hobbling the full width of the pitch. Add in the fact every single attack seen a goalkeeper/defender hurt in a "collision" usually between themselves. Shameful behaviour that ruined the whole spectacle.

Would Expect nothing less from the biggest anti-football side in Scotland

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought it was another poor game, as Hibs v Queens games at Easter Road tend to be. Queens looked compact enough, with little or no quality going forward. Hibs had an off day. Queens retreated into backs to the wall stuff for the last 15 mins, which was unnecessary as Hibs were causing few problems up until then, although their late subs freshened them up a bit. As tends to be the way with Queens shallow squad, their second half subs weakened them. Hard to tell if Hutton was play-acting or not, but at that time Queens players were going down like ninepins, a couple of others crumbled to the ground at almost exactly the same time. It looked like a delaying tactic, and if so it backfired spectacularly. We needed 11 players on the pitch at the end not 10. The ref could have been quicker to wave Hutton back on, just as he could have handled the 'drop ball' incident better, but it was an aimless punt to the corner that was never under Queens' control. As for Derek Lyle's behaviour at the end: there are many words that could be used, but shameful will suffice.

Very fair assessment imo. I would make only two points - "he could have handled the drop ball incident better" ; I would say he made an utter mess of it in that it should have been contested. Obviously he didn't instruct the Hibs player to give the ball back, so why did he give it into Hibs' possession at all?

Secondly, I can't comment on Lyle's behaviour or the handbags at the end, as I was too far away. I am well impressed by fans on here who know what was said on the pitch at the end. (!)

Very fair assessment imo. I would make only two points - "he could have handled the drop ball incident better" ; I would say he made an utter mess of it in that it should have been contested. Obviously he didn't instruct the Hibs player to give the ball back, so why did he give it into Hibs' possession at all?

Secondly, I can't comment on Lyle's behaviour or the handbags at the end, as I was too far away. I am well impressed by fans on here who know what was said on the pitch at the end. (!)

Add into the fact some of those fans weren't even at the game. Incredible stuff.

Disappointing to get so close to claiming a point even if it would not have been fully deserved. Once again our slow thinking has cost us, why didn't a Queens player get over to get involved in the bounce ball incident when the Ref picked up the ball and went to where he would restart the game. It's not as if it happened in a great rush as the Ref ran from where Hutton was back to where he was going bounce the ball. As for claims of blatant time-wasting at substitutions, etc, it was no worse than seen in any game in any division and seems to be the norm nowadays. As someone says in an earlier post, we shall see how much time-wasting Hibs do next week if they are close to getting a result against Rangers.

I didn't see Lyle's alleged musical mime antics but if it is proved to be true then I would hope that the Club take the initiative and come down hard on him. To be fair it was about the only contribution he made yesterday worth a mention.

As for Queens' season, there are still plenty of games left but it is looking increasingly evident that we are not quite good enough to claim a top four spot, but I would be delighted if proved wrong.

Sit in the west just behind the dugout and Lyle was giving the flute to the Hibs fans. Very strange behaviour as he then wanted a square go with anyone who would listen.

Probably bumped a line of his favourite powder when he got subbed off. Dirty wee ***.

If Queens were winning, I could understand them trying to see out the rest of the game. But time wasting from the very start for 1 point when you're mid table of the championship? Brutal stuff.

A sign of a club with zero aspiration whatsoever.

Good post will read again. So could you clarify were we time wasting when we had you pretty much hemmed in and you were resorting to breakaways for the first 15 of the second half ?

If Queens were winning, I could understand them trying to see out the rest of the game. But time wasting from the very start for 1 point when you're mid table of the championship? Brutal stuff.

A sign of a club with zero aspiration whatsoever.

Sadly it's been brutal apart from maybe two or three performances this season. That's what's been served up.

Yes you would think so.

Sorry but when I'm at the football I don't have my camera in hand ready to click at any moment of controversy...

Plenty of eye witness on the hibs forums, it's up to you if you want to believe it. It did happen and obviously he's a bit of a roaster.

Sorry but when I'm at the football I don't have my camera in hand ready to click at any moment of controversy...

Plenty of eye witness on the hibs forums, it's up to you if you want to believe it. It did happen and obviously he's a bit of a roaster.

Not saying for a second it didn`t happen. No reason to disbelieve it in all honesty and certainly not condoning it.

No need to read again. Once has you rattled enough.

To be fair, Queens showed minimally more bite than Falkirk. They're always brutal to watch.

Better hope distressed Duke doesn't read that he will be positively spitting feathers.

Archived