New Forfar manager

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bollan with time and a decent budget will get you out of the league. He wasn't given either by Airdrie.

Every year he brought through decent players and then his team was ripped apart. Jim Lister was a big miss this season.

His budget this year was better than previous - and we seem to be going backwards. As for being given time, he applied for the Forfar job himself!

I think he'll do alright at Forfar though.

Rab was probably going to be part of Petrie's coaching team as he was a natural leader with the younger players.

Imagine it would be something along those lines. Given he is gone before Bollan officially takes charge of training tomorrow.

Rab was probably going to be part of Petrie's coaching team as he was a natural leader with the younger players.

Aye something like this . I'm sure he was already doing some sort of coaching with us? And with bollan having his own staff isn't needed

What a f*cking shambles. Campbell, then Petrie now Big Rab. I fear for our season..

Multiply your prob s ten fold and you ll know what a mess Brechin were 3 weeks before season commenced ha ha ! Bollan ll do ok I d imagine I hoped he d get Brechin jobs the times he s applied for them !

All of my comments over the past goodness-knows-how-many years have been made whilst trying to follow the Loons from afar - and so it continues.

However, a brief prefix to what follows is that a friend and I completed a 900 mile-plus round trip at the end of October enduring the home defeat to Brechin as the midway point of the weekend. That was as abject, shapeless and passionless a performance from a Forfar Athletic team as I could recall for a LONG time. Something(s) were/are clearly wrong.

The sacking of Dick and Ian - whilst portrayed by some as a "shock" - has come at the right time to allow the new manager enough time to make a positive impact and drag the team towards the right end of the table. Dick was making the right noises that he was the man to fix it, but the paltry points haul over the last 10 or so league games without any real sense that he was under the bonnet (not bunnet!) of the car with his tool box at the ready clearly left the board with a decision to make.

Making that decision now (or 11 days ago) as opposed to waiting until we were possibly cut adrift at the bottom was right (imo) and shows courage in the boardroom. The appointment of Gary Bollan is one that has left a number of people feeling sore at the likes of Stewart Petrie not getting his chance. Wonder if Douglas going is a public show of the players showing their displeasure at Dick's sacking and/or Petrie not getting the job? Or as has been suggested - his coaching status no longer exists.

Only time will tell if the right person got the job or not and whilst there is obvious 'upset' (not on my part - there are more important things that moisten the eyes) at events let's give Gary and his players our full backing.

Archived