New Forfar manager

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its also concerning how much money will be getting spunked about as Bolan has brought in an assistant and a coach and he will also be looking to overhaul the squad you would think.

Anyway, its done now so hopefully everyone gets behind him.

As I've mentioned before, there's no guarantee with any manager - SP may have been brilliant or could have flopped in the hot seat - we'll never know now of course. Likewise Bollan and Forfar could be a terrible or brilliant fit.

Getting Livvie promoted and Airdrie off the bottom of the league into mid table last season at least gives a bit of optimism for those folk who are looking for it.

Tough baptism with the league leaders followed by a derby match. Scoring a goal against the Pars would be an improvement on the 3 previous games this season!

Bollan on balance did a good job with no money at Airdrie, and his face clearly doesn't fit now Jim Ballantyne is no longer chairman.

He did well enough at the perpetually insolvent car crash that is the Franchise.

Forfar, until the last few weeks, have been where all the Angus clubs want to be; top half of League One with a good shout of going up via the play-offs. And now you have appointed a manager who has a track record of getting Airdrie out of tight relegation situations and has had them in the play off hunt at the right end of the table. Forfar is a plum job for a part time manager at present.

Honestly, what more do you guys want? there's no pleasing some of the Stadlers and Waldorfs in the Station Park support. it's not like Mournho or Pep Guardiola were in the pipeline but withdrew when they heard Gary Bollan lived round the corner.

I was at the game when Forfar finished bottom of the table in 2008. The progress made under Dick Campbell is remarkable, on the whole. I really can't see Gary Bollan ruining it.

The guys not even taken one training session yet and there's tears and snotters everywhere. Still not sure what folks beef with Bollan is?

The hard fact is that no matter who would have become the Manager, there would have been moans from those that like moaning and acceptance from those that see a fuller picture. And why not? Its whats football is for after all, whats the point without different opinions. Its now up to Garry to begin converting as many moaners as he can. But always remember that there is always a place on the terracing for the long term, well loved, professional moaner.They will never be a dying breed!!!!!!!!!!!

Bollan on balance did a good job with no money at Airdrie, and his face clearly doesn't fit now Jim Ballantyne is no longer chairman.

He did well enough at the perpetually insolvent car crash that is the Franchise.

Forfar, until the last few weeks, have been where all the Angus clubs want to be; top half of League One with a good shout of going up via the play-offs. And now you have appointed a manager who has a track record of getting Airdrie out of tight relegation situations and has had them in the play off hunt at the right end of the table. Forfar is a plum job for a part time manager at present.

Honestly, what more do you guys want? there's no pleasing some of the Stadlers and Waldorfs in the Station Park support. it's not like Mournho or Pep Guardiola were in the pipeline but withdrew when they heard Gary Bollan lived round the corner.

I was at the game when Forfar finished bottom of the table in 2008. The progress made under Dick Campbell is remarkable, on the whole. I really can't see Gary Bollan ruining it.

An all round excellent post and pretty much sums up my thoughts, has Gary Bollan ever got Airdrie to the play offs ?

Just struggling to see how this improves us.

An all round excellent post and pretty much sums up my thoughts, has Gary Bollan ever got Airdrie to the play offs ?

Just struggling to see how this improves us.

His teams are very defensive and he's miserable. He falls out with players and sends them to Siberia. He's at his best in the feb-apr time when he can make himself look good (not physically) in the reflective glory of fortunate short term contracts that are unsustainable for clubs like Airdrie and Forfar.

Hope you enjoy. He'll probably be a step up from Dick but you wont be playing expansive free flowing football like you did in the McPhee, Brewster, McDonald glory days (what a team that was).

His teams are very defensive and he's miserable. He falls out with players and sends them to Siberia. He's at his best in the feb-apr time when he can make himself look good (not physically) in the reflective glory of fortunate short term contracts that are unsustainable for clubs like Airdrie and Forfar.

Hope you enjoy. He'll probably be a step up from Dick but you wont be playing expansive free flowing football like you did in the McPhee, Brewster, McDonald glory days (what a team that was).

:(

Archived