New Forfar manager

Guest bernardblack

Would have been Petrie and Sellars for me as well. Especially when you see what they have done with youth side

This. Was excited too see what they would do until the end of the season. Now it's more of a dread feeling.

But I'll back the new gaffer. Tough run of games to get started with though and back at Airdrie soon enough!

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't have been my first choice, but when I've seen Airdrie, I haven't minded the style of football played.

Lets give Garry Bollan a fair chance.If he didnt think he could do the job he wouldnt have applied and lets face it the board had to do something before things got worse.

Horrendous decision

Sack Campbell (who I presume we will still be paying for a few months)

I wanted someone with a bit experience but not bolan, really uninspiring appointment.

Alistair Donald has played a stinker here. Time will tell if I'm proven wrong.

Think he knew his time was coming to end at Airdrie, travel has to be a big part, he lives around the corner from me ( by the way not in Dundee) and it was only a matter of time before he got a job in Angus.

He did ok at Livi and clearly has some contacts but not convinced this is any improvement on Campbell.

Unless we had won promotion Bollan wouldn't have been kept on at the end of the season, by which time Forfar would have a manager and he'd be out a job. Makes perfect sense for him to go now. That plus the travelling and it's a no brainer.

Horrendous decision

Sack Campbell (who I presume we will still be paying for a few months)

I wanted someone with a bit experience but not bolan, really uninspiring appointment.

Alistair Donald has played a stinker here. Time will tell if I'm proven wrong.

So you would have kept campbell, dropped a division and then looked for a manager.Sound thinking cresto

He's a reasonably good manager. Not stellar by any means, but I think any feelings of dread on the part of the Loons fans here are unwarranted. Like most managers he makes some good signings (mostly loans, I think), and some guff ones. He'll generally have your team well organised. His main weakness is an unwillingness to make substitutions or tactical changes until quite late on, even when what's on the park is plainly not working.

He's a manager that'll keep a team with an average budget in the league, but probably not get out it.

Think he knew his time was coming to end at Airdrie, travel has to be a big part, he lives around the corner from me ( by the way not in Dundee) and it was only a matter of time before he got a job in Angus.

He did ok at Livi and clearly has some contacts but not convinced this is any improvement on Campbell.

Get around their and put his windows in ,

Disappointing it isn't Petrie and Sellars, thought that was the obvious appointment and a very positive, exciting one.

Will give Bollan a chance of course, but it doesn't seem to be enough of a change to warrant sacking Dick. Ach well.

Disappointed it's not Petrie but i'm alright with Bollan. Hopefully Petrie stays on as no.2.

. Bollan takes all his own staff, I couldn't quite believe the number of staff that he had around him at a part time club.

So you would have kept campbell, dropped a division and then looked for a manager.Sound thinking cresto

I would've kept him yes, I've been saying that all along and looks like most agree. I was starting to come round to the idea of Petrie so very disappointed to hear the appointment. I don't think he has done anything of any note and Airdrie fans seem delighted.

Archived