New Forfar manager

Douglas is clearly finished anyway, he's a big part of their slide down the league this year, half the goals they've conceded this year seem to have him going down in installments or dropping clangers. Bollan would have had to find a way of letting him go without upsetting the fans, now it's been done for him.

Dundee fans seemed to have a similar blind spot with him the last time he left them.

I would agree with most of that, he is still a great shot stopper but has flogged a lot of goals this season when you watch the games back and no-one mention Alloa! Plus at 43 was he going to go on much further?

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would agree with most of that, he is still a great shot stopper but has flogged a lot of goals this season when you watch the games back and no-one mention Alloa! Plus at 43 was he going to go on much further?

Hill will be a good addition , just hope he's in for Saturday though

Hill will be a good addition , just hope he's in for Saturday though

He can play as a trialist on Saturday but won't be able to sign any contract until January if he is returning because he left Hamilton outside of the transfer window, like Travis and Arbroath last season.

Welcome back to Forfar threads Originalhedge, posted missing since May

Cheers. This one took my attention as our old pal Dick was involved. I had an idea there might be some fallout with the sacking . You Farfar lads didn't let me down.

Quality entertainment in the lead up to our new year derby. Should be interesting.

Have a happy Christmas .

Cheers. This one took my attention as our old pal Dick was involved. I had an idea there might be some fallout with the sacking . You Farfar lads didn't let me down.

Quality entertainment in the lead up to our new year derby. Should be interesting.

Have a happy Christmas .

You too mate, don't worry there will be no repeat of the 2014 "massacre at Glebe" which nearly gave you a new year breakdown.

Dundee fans seemed to have a similar blind spot with him the last time he left them.

Just no.

He was far past SPL level in his last season at the club. We were originally a championship club until the Rangers dropped into the third and we took their place at the last minute hence no time to get another replacement although he deserved the chance. He made several blunders that season IIRC and he actually left under similar circumstances to Dick Campbell's sacking when we appointed Bomber after Barry Smiths sacking.

Rab will end up at another Angus club where he's likely to have the chance to become manager in the future. Probably Montrose as they seem the shittest at the minute.

Just no.

He was far past SPL level in his last season at the club. We were originally a championship club until the Rangers dropped into the third and we took their place at the last minute hence no time to get another replacement although he deserved the chance. He made several blunders that season IIRC and he actually left under similar circumstances to Dick Campbell's sacking when we appointed Bomber after Barry Smiths sacking.

Rab will end up at another Angus club where he's likely to have the chance to become manager in the future. Probably Montrose as they seem the shittest at the minute.

His leaving of ourselves was a bit more acrimonious I'd say.

As for management, I'm pretty sure Rab has no interest in management - at least he didn't used to - he stated that he thought there was too much backstabbing in management that he couldn't cope and wanted to be a GK coach instead.

Just watched Bollan's interview, looks to be a really dull character and I nearly fell asleep watching it.

Agree, he's not a natural in front of the cameras - but it's a good job how you come across on TV is no indication of your ability in your chosen field - aka "The Andy Murray" Rule

Archived