P&B Dead Pool 2016

Spain

Do you know what one of my favourite things about Dead Pool is? It's that we get entries from folk who barely (or in one case - have never) posted on P&B before. There's one guy who's been registered since 2011, doesn't have a single post to his name, but plays Dead Pool every year.

Maybe it should be made a condition of entry.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you know what one of my favourite things about Dead Pool is? It's that we get entries from folk who barely (or in one case - have never) posted on P&B before. There's one guy who's been registered since 2011, doesn't have a single post to his name, but plays Dead Pool every year.

A dead pool alias in my opinion.

Pedantic of me and extremely unlikely to happen but... I don't want to start cheering when my first pick pops his clogs shortly after New Year - only to discover he's in America on holiday and they've not passed midnight yet - Are we basing the start of the competition on midnight 31/12 here in the UK - or midnight 31/12 wherever you are in the world?

(and yes, I know, it'll probably be the August bank holiday and I'll still be waiting on my first casualty!) Helps to be prepared though.

Cheers.

Involved for this again. This will be my 3rd year of entering the DP.

One hit in 2014, two in 2015 (so far!). Progress is being made. A few changes to the squad this year, to freshen things up. I'll be aiming for at least a Top 20 finish in 2016.

Just putting the final touches to my list.

Few enforced changes but still got the core of my squad from when I first started this a few years ago. That Zsa Zsa Gabor is fucking invincible.

You are telling me. I'm petrified to drop her as you know she would die out of spite of my deadpool challenge .

Zsa zsa will be minus points soon, so no dice.

Still find it hard to believe teams are in already.

This year lil Jimmy Dickens got me off to a flyer on about the second of January, and the week before was all about would he peg it afore Ne'er, make a full recovery or slither over the start line. He slithered and I was thankful that nobody else took a chance on him.

The year before I think and it was an American poet (I opted against picking him :() with whom the old is he/isn't he game was being played. Again, he coffed potential points by about the 3rd.

That game is on again now with 2 folk I'm keeping tabs on.

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty potential picks that die in the first couple of weeks of the Year, but they could go anytime. The ones to look out for are the one or two who might go now.

Always good to get an early lead, your team seems to respond better :)

(Highlighted the Delhi bus rapists 3 years ago at this time as I thought they'd get tried and hung quickly {debatable if they counted at the time and are only getting hung this year and definetly don't qualify this year}, but here's a chancey 105 pointer plus bonus....if, IF , you can find out the name of the yooth that got released after 3 year sentence, he is most certainly a candidate for lynching. I've given up looking, but it is the Age of the Webby , so if you can be arsed to put in the research......)...

Few enforced changes but still got the core of my squad from when I first started this a few years ago. That Zsa Zsa Gabor is fucking invincible.

She must have the same doctor as Fidel Castro. Either that or the same PR machine as him and she died years ago without anyone finding out.

I thought death row inmates are non-runners?

They are, but at the time they hadn't been tried, same as Saif Gaddafi. But now all are invalid.

But the boy that's been released wasn't on death row. And the riots in Delhi makes me think as soon as he is out of protective custody, he'll get a nice snug rope.

Find the name, young padawan.

They are, but at the time they hadn't been tried, same as Saif Gaddafi. But now all are invalid.

But the boy that's been released wasn't on death row. And the riots in Delhi makes me think as soon as he is out of protective custody, he'll get a nice snug rope.

Find the name, young padawan.

So what you are saying is that he will never be known as Old Padawan.

how shes still alive no c**t knows, she looks one bad fright away from croaking it but still fucking goes on

Archived