P&B Dead Pool 2016

Spain

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BONACCORD1 said:

So if Sydney Devine (my fav singer lol) died the Ayrshire Gazette obituary don't count ,not happy

Dem de roolz.

Wouldn't be fretting yet, stv and the hootsman went with the story in Jan, been a slow week of reaping, it'll get a weekend slot no doubt.

22 hours ago, BONACCORD1 said:

So if Sydney Devine (my fav singer lol) died the Ayrshire Gazette obituary don't count ,not happy

which reminds me of the joke:

when Michael Jackson died they played his songs non-stop 

when David Bowie died they played his songs non-stop,

I hope f*cking Sydney Devine's feeling OK.... 

Right....

Over the Years I have did theme themes, and indeed , included a few wrestlers, even though I consider them 'Beasts'.

I know there are swords and sandals folk on this pool, so, a boy put his too twenty for next year together today. Obits are questionable and at your own risk, and the only reason I'm doing this is because I have Mr bairn in a can :)

]

I tried to have a think about 20 names which might feature on a DDP pro-wrestling theme team. Skipped Superstar Billy because he's an exaggerating sod. Smith, Frenchy, Sunny and others who have been mentioned at length above. And folk who have no chances of obit - Black Bart and Dale Torborg are quite ill, but I'd be shocked if the KISS Demon got a bloody Qualifying Obit!

(Spade can take all the info below in this post as read - it's trying to open up the noble game out of us geeks...)

1. George "The Animal" Steele (b. 1937) - Villain/heel in the 70s/80s, had a dreadful match with Randy Savage at WrestleMania II. Was in the Tim Burton film Ed Wood, so obit guaranteed. Had "serious health issues" as of May 2016, and an operation to fix them had to be halted due to him having sudden breathing difficulties.

2. Jimmy Snuka (b. 1943) - Famed wrestler/potential domestic abuser and murderer. Alleged to have stomach cancer, he's got another medical for court reasons due in December.

3. Dynamite Kid (b. 1958) - Former Tag Champion with The British Bulldog and famed British wrestler in his own right. Also a nutter, in a wheelchair, and has had multiple strokes in the past few years.

4. Marty Jannetty (b. 1962) - Former Tag Champion with Shawn Michaels (there's your obit), but nowadays a drugged up mess with dodgy knees. When, not if.

5/6. The Sandman (b. 1963), Sabu (b. 1964), Another Other ECWers - they're getting up in age, they look hideous, they hit each other for real with weapons, gleefully bled over each other, and took enough drugs to raise Jimi Hendrix from the grave - none of which is conducive to longevity, and we've started to see the former alumni drop this year with Axl Rotten and Balls Mahoney. Speaking of hardcore wrestlers, there's no chance Masato Tanaka is seeing 60 in my book.

7. Tyson Kidd (b. 1980) - Survived the Christopher Reeve neckbreak in 2015, which has a 95% mortality rate, but those who survive don't tend to have a long and prosperous life.

8. Perro Aguayo Sr (b. 1946) - Mexican legend. Obit more likely because his son, Perro Aguayo Jr, died in a horrific accident in 2015 which made the Daily Mail. Said to be in very poor health now.

9. Butch Miller (b. 1944) - Survived a near fatal dose of septicemia in 2011, but has been in poor health since.

10. Adrian Street (b. 1940) - Well known British cross dressing act. Had a stroke about a decade ago, and is rumoured to be in fairly poor health again.

11. Ole Anderson (b. 1942) - Former member of The Four Horsemen, now has MS, full on memory issues, and a habit of falling and breaking things.

12. Vader (b. 1955) - Legendary big man, with a whole host of prior health issues, from heart problems to MRSA to being in a coma for a month in 2007 after system shutdown/collapse due to alcoholism. Seems to have recovered now, but all those vices and prior health issues in a big guy (350+ pounds) isn't great.

13. Jim Neidhart (b. 1955) - Overweight, Boozy, drugged up brother in law of Bret Hart. Another when, not if.

14. Angelo Mosca (b. 1938) - Has dementia.

15. Rosey (b. 1970) - Former tag champion suffering from kidney failure for a number of years. Obit certain as brother of current star Roman Reigns and cousin of Rikishi,  "cousin" (Samoan thing) of The Rock.

16. Nigel McGuinness (b. 1976) - Former British wrestler with Hep B, and post-concussion issues.

17. Jim Cornete (b. 1961) - Cult manager who is my pick for having a massive coronary at some point in the ten years - all that hatred and Sprite addiction can't be good for his blood pressure.

18. Sam Houston (b. 1963) - Jake the Snake's brother, with a history of substance abuse, and jail time.

19. Rocky Johnson (b. 1944) - Aging father of The Rock, with a long history of alcoholism and looking frail.

20. Bruno Sammartino (b. 1935) - Will obit, as he held the world title for 12 years combined, and is one of the big names in wrestling. No known health issues, but 81 is practically 150 years old in wrestler years.

There's also those who may hypothetically have used lots of substances which tend to be linked with pro-wrestling, like Scott Steiner (b. 1962) and The Warlord (b. 1962), but their hearts could go at any time.

10 hours ago, Njord said:

Keeping down the average life expectancy of rappers, Shawty Lo won't be getting any taller.

Dead at 40.

11(eleven) weans , being a shortarse didn't hinder him with the laydees it appears.

Probably sneaked in under their radar.

Archived